Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

@tainium: We have more defenses than just MoM - Enfeeble, 3x Endu Charges, Decoy Totem, the right flasks, Vaal Pact, it all does their part in survival.
CI Arc is surely viable, but it has too many downsides for this setup. We would have to give up dualwielding, and with that a huge part of cast speed, the very best stat to scale Arc.
On top comes that we lose MoM, Coil is no option, ammy or second ring slot will be wasted and we'd need more investment to run both curses, Discipline and have enough mana to cast.

Idk what you meant with the second point. The listed gems aren't really situational, it's mentioned that you should use Lightning Pen instead of Cold Pen without CotB and for 6th link, if you can afford a 6L you can afford atleas ta Lv2 Empower.

Mana Leech is a wasted slot, we get enough leech from Warlord's Mark. The gem is only needed in very few edge cases, which are mentioned in the guide.

While Arcs single target isn't the best, it's not that bad. Read the boss section, check out the videos and you should know the basic steps. Another thing you can do is switching Arc and Empower with Storm Call + Less Duration, but imo that's not worth the hassle just to cut off a few (milli)seconds from bossfights.
twitch.tv/enki91
Would 2 lightning golems have better dps than 1 lightning and 1 ice? The lightning golems give a good amount of cast speed, while the ice golem gives critical strike chance that we won't use. The lightning golems also cast auras that boost lightning damage.

NVM same golems dont stack FeelsBadMan
Last edited by Negaclaw on Nov 24, 2016, 2:23:32 AM
Was trying to find the build to update my Arc Witch but I see I'm an outdated Occultist. ;_;
@Negaclaw: Yeah that's the issue. If it would stack, two Lightning Golems would probably be better.

@DB42: If that char still got a respec, or atleast no Ascendancy points allocated, you can just run any labyrinth to switch Ascendancy.
twitch.tv/enki91
Thx for the aura trick enki.

About a flame dash:
To use it even when your cursor is out of range you need to press Shift+ asigned button. Can it be changed so that single button press works like Shift+Button ?
Last edited by tomeqf on Nov 24, 2016, 6:58:57 AM
"
tomeqf wrote:

About a flame dash:
To use it even when your cursor is out of range you need to press Shift+ asigned button. Can it be changed so that single button press works like Shift+Button ?

Not within the game, only with something like AutoHotKey.
I feel like the new passive tree is predicated upon having good or excellent jewels, so as to make up for the loss of some life nodes - like the Melding cluster, and others - and the Doom Cast cluster.
As a mostly self-found player that occasionally dabbles in the economy, I don't have great jewels, and don't anticipate having them any time soon.
As such, I'm hesitant on making the transition to the new tree. I might have to adapt the tree to my needs, by skipping (for now) most or all of the jewel sockets, in favour of more life nodes and Doom Cast.
There we go, got the respec and all the right links set up and all that. Overall, it's a big improvement over the old build, which was already pretty good. Clear speed I can't really tell any difference, so that's good, and on bosses you absolutely wreck compared to before.
"
Tiggah wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:

Anyway, to all the guys having trouble with key assignments, I'll tell you a "secret": if you switch one of your golems to your left-click button, you won't cast it unless you shift + left-click!

THIS, my friend, is a ingenious solution!
Thank you a lot for this Info.
Why didn´t I think of testing this... xD

np, maybe I have a better skill bar layout that could improve the comfort with movement skills too :)

"
maykay wrote:
"
tomeqf wrote:

About a flame dash:

Not within the game, only with something like AutoHotKey.

I know that it's very uncomfortable.

This is how I managed to make it comfortable, at least for my muscle memory. Then you can adapt the buttons as you prefer.

Like I said, you can assign a "summon golem" or a "movement skill" button to your left click key, and it will work as a "move only" button unless you press shift + left click.
Instead of assigning the golem skill, place the fire dash skill on the left button: now, you can take advantage of the maximum range for flame dash pressing shift + left click.
Personally, I find more comfortable using the spacebar instead of the shift, because I usually have three fingers on QWE keys and my thumb is placed right over the spacebar.
Just replace your "attack in place" button to spacebar, and your "close all panels" button with a random key that you don't use, because we still need shift to unstack stuff, so leave shift unassigned.

This is my actual bar as an example:

spacebar + left-mouse for long range flame dash, golems are set on the most used keys because they can die and you have to recast them quickly, and auras on side mouse buttons, activate them then switch to totem and frost bomb.
if you don't have a mouse with side buttons I think it's better to put the golems on R and T buttons and the "abused" skills on central mouse and QWE.
Last edited by Giammafix on Nov 25, 2016, 8:49:14 AM
Great post, Giammafix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info