Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hello, back with another question.

What level should i go for the jewel sockets for the passsives? I am at 80 right now and dont know if i should go for something like storm weaver or jewels first.
Personally I think that you should get the Jewels first, as they will give you damage, but also HP, something that storm weaver is lacking
OK, so I want to apologize and thank @owa and @enki91 for pointing out some things I didn't want to believe. I've made a bunch of changes and I'm doing a bit better now.

I still have two issues with the overall setup, and I hope I will continue to be proven wrong about them.

I went ahead and took Vaal Pact. I can't help feeling like I'm going to regret it though. Maybe I'll be wrong.

I am still not using immortal call, because right now my flame totem is doing 11k dps.
I just can't imagine not having it :/ I drop it, I run for my life while trying to respawn golems eaten by bosses like Piety in merciless and spend a couple seconds spamming arc at 18k dps, in between dodging the flame cannon.

Without that flame totem, I'm not sure HOW much longer that would take. Maybe that vaal haste is more amazing than I think it is, but I dunno. It took too long to kill her as it is. Literally took me 5 cycles of that fight to do it.

I want to make this work, despite my issues, because it's less stressful than my other current option. Against trash, this build is really, really good.
Where are you right now? You shouldn't try to complete the game after reaching act4. Just get the last passive point from the dude in the mines. The difficulty ramps up immensely in act4 on the way to malachai.
"
owa wrote:
Where are you right now? You shouldn't try to complete the game after reaching act4. Just get the last passive point from the dude in the mines. The difficulty ramps up immensely in act4 on the way to malachai.

I'm at the collecting organs part. Just doing it casually.

The thing is, I had next to no issue doing this on my co-main. I worked right through Act 4 and finished it at level 70? Piety got slaughtered, and Malachai gave me problems only because I'd never fought him on merciless before. He got me a couple times on stage 1. I had no chaos gear. I was super naive.

What I like about THIS character, over that one, is that grinding gear in low level maps so far is less intense. Flicker strike is great, but you can't really pick up your loot as you go. Yeah, the critical stuff you can, but it's more effective if you keep on popping around. He's level 83? Now.

I just feel like I clear maps more efficiently with this character. The one button clicking as advertised is very lazy, for the most part :)

These are literally my first two characters. I started this the very last week of last season.
Last edited by GilliesSWTOR on Sep 30, 2016, 8:16:04 PM
Hey all, another question to anyone who can answer, Im having a hell of a time getting blue sockets on 5link Lightning Coil, and I have a good 5link cloak of flame. Is there any gem swapping or flask swapping (ruby?) that would work better with cloak of flame? Thank you all!
lol, so apparently i am wrong again.

took Vaal Pact. Then proceeded to ru both cruel and merciless labs successfully while drunk.

the holy hell?

LMAO

yay fire totem though. Izaro in the last stage of merciless. I needed it haha.

Last edited by GilliesSWTOR on Oct 1, 2016, 1:46:46 AM
Instead of Shaper of Desolation I would go for Mastermind of Discord, because without any -res curse it's very crucial buff for DPS. Conflux is not necessary on high crit rate anyway, while what Arc really struggles with are bosses. Additional penetration could be crucial and we don't have a problem to trigger it, since there's ICE golem. Enter Arena->cast golem->you have 10 seconds to kill, you can even make a timing with Pendulum of Destruction then have 4 seconds with mega dps boost.
Last edited by Gosen on Oct 1, 2016, 6:21:50 AM
@owa: Probably a ring with higher life, trires boots and an Arc enchant on helmet. But nothing you really have to immediatly upgrade to.

Nice uberlab run! Do you want me to link it in the main thread together with the other vids?

@morbiuz666: Damn that sucks, hope you get your colours back!

@skuadak: Are you dead set on CI? This build is heavily optimized around life, going CI would require a completely different setup and make it a different build. If you really don't wanna go lifebased and can live with the downsides/limitations of CI, i'd recommend to check out Cabesi's Arc guide. While it's a lowlife build, he also has a budget CI version in the thread.

Leveling shouldn't be slow if you got some Wanderlusts, Flame Dash and 1-2 quicksilvers.

@Rhaokraus: As owa said, jewel sockets should have priority if you can afford getting some good life + 2 dmg mod ones.

@fendius: You could switch your quicksilver for a ruby flask and stick to your movement skill, other than that just the regular setup.

@Gosen: That's a fair point. Shaper of Desolation used to be a very small buff for single target through additional burn damage, but now that it changed Mastermind of Discord indeed looks like the better option. Will include this in the next big update, if there aren't any other bigger changes.

@GilliesSWTOR: Good thing that you're getting forward. By fixing your flasks i meant primarily to get a Seething Divine, Catalysed Eternal, Granite of Iron Skin or Basalt and any Topaz flask. This setup is extremely crucial for survivability.
twitch.tv/enki91
Enki, I don't mind. I think I will also make 1-2 videos of regular mapping, to show people that up until the boss, this build can easily clear almost any tier of maps with mods.

Would you recommend to actually get Mastermind of Discord now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info