Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Ferocitas wrote:
"
Dreagation wrote:
"
Ferocitas wrote:
Hey, just stumbled across your build and am wanting to try it but I am very new and kind of confused about a few things. Namely, the first bit is early you say to buy a second wand, what I couldn't figure out is what kind of wand I'm buying. Do sockets matter? Does rarity matter? Thanks in advance for answering a silly noobish question.

They all matter a little. If you can buy a 3 socket or 3 link wand you can run more gems. Same for rarity: if it has increased lightning damage/spell damage or caster stuff, it's gonna be better.
But any (early) wand has an implicit that increases spell damage. And I believe Enki recommends using a vendor recipe fairly soon, which you can do with both wands.

Thanks. I kinda assumed that and just went with something akin to what you mentioned. now I am incredibly stuck on the crafting part so I am likely just going to move past that until a later point. Thanks again for the helpful input!!!!

It's not too hard to do the crafting. It's not actually crafting (ala the table) it is a vendor recipe. Sell the indicated items all at once to a vendor and instead of currency they provide the recipe result, in this case a buzzing magic wand. Just add the three items as Enki listed in a sell window and out comes a basic lighting damage (1-2) - (21-22) lighting damage wand.
"
‣ Craft two wands with this recipe: Magic-rarity Wand + Topaz Ring + Orb of Alteration

If you have no magic wands, easy enough to find some while you were leveling, or buy one from the vendor. If you have no topaz rings, the next line in the guide tells you how to make one by selling it to the vendor.
"
‣ If needed, the recipe for Topaz Rings is: Iron Ring + Green Skill Gem

It's too bad you can't make the lightning damage modifier a rare with all the rares we get from the trialmaster.
I add another affix to the lighting (buzzing) wand we just made with currency.
Last edited by Mandabar on Apr 18, 2021, 9:57:31 PM
In Act 3, it says "Get Increased Duration and link that to Arcane Cloak aswell" but it requires 52 strength and I only have 24 strength. Did I miss something? Sorry, I'm brand new to this game! :)
"
adamk33n3r wrote:
In Act 3, it says "Get Increased Duration and link that to Arcane Cloak aswell" but it requires 52 strength and I only have 24 strength. Did I miss something? Sorry, I'm brand new to this game! :)

Allocate 30 strength node in the tree and craft strength from crafting bench onto your gear(the cheapest or second cheapest tier)
Hmm.. Seems I'm a super slow player and I'm overlevel for the content (and guide). My first (FIRST) time playing the game ya know.

The Wave of Conviction that you say to keep at level one? It came at level 2. Is this going to be a serious issue folks? (Act 2 leveling guide step). I assume not but I'll just make sure not to level it up to 3.
Hello there, great guide! Made me do my first Witch ever! So I'm kinda new with all this magic stuff :>

Which brings me: About 60% of arc - Elementatist take The Agnostic, while still running around with quite some ES armour. Am I missing something? Also some of those are investing in to Heart of Thunder. Is the added damage worth without the ability leech ES?

Hi there! So I'm at this point where I'm trying to craft the buzzing wand. I have the mats, but the NPC isn't providing me the wand in return? I'm only being offered so Scroll components and something else (forget what exactly). The only thing I can think of is that the Topaz ring requires level 12, and I'm currently 11. Is that possible?
"
Dreagation wrote:

I'm mainly wondering is there a downside to having a Vaal arc over a normal one?
There's still the lucky buff it provides.
This is the first time Enki mentioned explicitly not using it.

Vaal Arc would take some souls that we'd rather have for Vaal RF, and the lucky buff doesn't do as much since the majority of our damage comes from Archmage and Arcane Cloak, which both have no damage range.

"
trolldemort wrote:
Hey, I have a question. I have a problem with lack of dps while levelling. I use 4l arc with unleash, controlled destro and archmage but I lack dps to do league content.

Are they simply out of tune or am I doing something wrong? I invest all my points in life, mana and just a tiny bit of spell crit, as per pob

I struggle immensely and I don't understand what am I doing wrong.

Sounds like you're playing a different build. Unleash is the main issue here, your seal gain frequency just can't keep up with how many monsters spawn in ultimatums. Not using Lightning Penetration is another issue, anything that has resistance either from base or auras/modifiers will take way longer to kill.

"
Mandabar wrote:
Hmm.. Seems I'm a super slow player and I'm overlevel for the content (and guide). My first (FIRST) time playing the game ya know.

The Wave of Conviction that you say to keep at level one? It came at level 2. Is this going to be a serious issue folks? (Act 2 leveling guide step). I assume not but I'll just make sure not to level it up to 3.

That's no big deal, just don't level Wave of Conviction up further. We just want to keep it low level so that later on we won't kill ourself with its physical damage in reflect maps.

"
Yaezarel wrote:
Hello there, great guide! Made me do my first Witch ever! So I'm kinda new with all this magic stuff :>

Which brings me: About 60% of arc - Elementatist take The Agnostic, while still running around with quite some ES armour. Am I missing something? Also some of those are investing in to Heart of Thunder. Is the added damage worth without the ability leech ES?

There's two reasons for using ES-based gear with Agnostic: The first one is that attribute requirements decide which socket colors are more likely to roll. ES is tied to Intelligence, which is tied to blue sockets, and most Archmage builds need lots of blue sockets. Another reason is that some bases have beneficial implicits, such as Nexus Gloves.

Heart of Thunder is a decent cluster of nodes, however later on you can usually get more out of jewel sockets or cluster jewels for the same amount of points.

"
SneezyWhistle wrote:
Hi there! So I'm at this point where I'm trying to craft the buzzing wand. I have the mats, but the NPC isn't providing me the wand in return? I'm only being offered so Scroll components and something else (forget what exactly). The only thing I can think of is that the Topaz ring requires level 12, and I'm currently 11. Is that possible?

Is the wand magic rarity (blue)? If not, then the recipe won't work.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Is the wand magic rarity (blue)? If not, then the recipe won't work.

Yeah it was blue. I did end up getting the wand you referenced by trying several blue wands. Once I tried selling a "Charged Goat's Wand" it offered me the buzzing variant in return. I was previously trying any blue wand I had available. Thanks again for all your effort on the guide!
Hey there! First of all, thanks for the guide! I just wanted to load the Path of Build Link and I only get errors (Invalid tree link(Unknown version number)) in all the versions I've tried. am I doing anything wrong? Even the web version comes up with this error.. Thanks in advance for the help!

Edit: NVM, I just tried to import the wrong way. xD
Last edited by vect9r on Apr 19, 2021, 3:48:02 PM
"
RajivAiyar wrote:
"
adamk33n3r wrote:

Allocate 30 strength node in the tree and craft strength from crafting bench onto your gear(the cheapest or second cheapest tier)

Thank you for the response, looking at the PoB I don't see any strength allocations that I missed so I don't want to NOT follow the guide. I figured I just missed something since I've been following this guide to the T

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info