Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Ploppy100 wrote:
A trivial question:

Just thought I'd give this league a go after a long layoff.

Is this still a "witch" build, ie choosing starting character Witch.

I was reading the levelling & was seeing ascendancies I'm not used to - I thought this was based on a Nec accendancy?

Its Elemantlist now, but starting class is still witch
Why is this using Mind Drinker annointment? Doesn't that only provide mana leech on attack damage, making it useless for this build?
Hello, I'm following your guide and i'm block about the strenght based item like the "increased duration" gem and "stone golem" they both need approximately 55 strenght and i don't know where you get it from. i finished the act 3 already and can't add the "increased duration" gem and i'm not even near to be able to. i only have 29 strenght.
i'm in the new league ultimatum maybe there were some kind of change ? but i don't really know i'm kinda new.
"
Marverike wrote:
Hello, I'm following your guide and i'm block about the strenght based item like the "increased duration" gem and "stone golem" they both need approximately 55 strenght and i don't know where you get it from. i finished the act 3 already and can't add the "increased duration" gem and i'm not even near to be able to. i only have 29 strenght.
i'm in the new league ultimatum maybe there were some kind of change ? but i don't really know i'm kinda new.

There's a +30 str node in the passive tree "might" you can take, and you can craft some on gear while you're still levelling.

Once you get to gearing in maps, atziri's foible and pure talent should solve it from there on out.

"
Why is this using Mind Drinker annointment? Doesn't that only provide mana leech on attack damage, making it useless for this build?

It's a cheap annointment that gives a lot of mana, and mana sustain during mapping. You'll switch at some point to a more expensive one.
Hey, just stumbled across your build and am wanting to try it but I am very new and kind of confused about a few things. Namely, the first bit is early you say to buy a second wand, what I couldn't figure out is what kind of wand I'm buying. Do sockets matter? Does rarity matter? Thanks in advance for answering a silly noobish question.
thanks a lot for the great guide!

just one question, i didn't fully understand that part:
Avoid Cold Damage added to Spells [...] it can ruin the Exposure applied by Wave of Conviction and Mastermind of Discord!

Is that problematic only for explicit "added to spells", or for everything that triggers cold damage in whatever ways?
I just bought a great item with "trigger edict of winter when hit" enchantment, do I need to replace that?
one more question: i can't sustain righteous fire, my mana runs empty too fast.
my current numbers: 3435 life, 3979 mana, 431 life-reg/s, 473 mana-reg/s
is it just about getting more mana-reg, or is it also a question of life/mana-balance?

as long as i don't manage to make it work, what gem would you recommend to replace it with?

also i'm wondering if "the agnostic" always is a good idea to use, or only for sustaining righteous fire? so if i don't use it, should i remove the agnostic?
"
Ferocitas wrote:
Hey, just stumbled across your build and am wanting to try it but I am very new and kind of confused about a few things. Namely, the first bit is early you say to buy a second wand, what I couldn't figure out is what kind of wand I'm buying. Do sockets matter? Does rarity matter? Thanks in advance for answering a silly noobish question.

They all matter a little. If you can buy a 3 socket or 3 link wand you can run more gems. Same for rarity: if it has increased lightning damage/spell damage or caster stuff, it's gonna be better.
But any (early) wand has an implicit that increases spell damage. And I believe Enki recommends using a vendor recipe fairly soon, which you can do with both wands.

-------

@tapejam
Only to spells. Wave of conviction (WoC) applies exposure based on the damage it dealt. So we want to avoid WoC dealing something else than lightning damage, since lightning damage has such a large spread in damage, it might apply the wrong exposure otherwise.

Also, you don't have to run RF immediatly. Vaal RF is a nice skill to add some burst damage to bosses. But at some point you do want your mana regen to be high enough to run RF in my opinion.
The agnostic also helps you get burst less often if a lot of small hits hit you. (Doesn't help against 1 big hit)
"
Dreagation wrote:
@tapejam
Only to spells. Wave of conviction (WoC) applies exposure based on the damage it dealt. So we want to avoid WoC dealing something else than lightning damage, since lightning damage has such a large spread in damage, it might apply the wrong exposure otherwise.

Also, you don't have to run RF immediatly. Vaal RF is a nice skill to add some burst damage to bosses. But at some point you do want your mana regen to be high enough to run RF in my opinion.
The agnostic also helps you get burst less often if a lot of small hits hit you. (Doesn't help against 1 big hit)

thanks a lot!
"
Dreagation wrote:
"
Ferocitas wrote:

They all matter a little. If you can buy a 3 socket or 3 link wand you can run more gems. Same for rarity: if it has increased lightning damage/spell damage or caster stuff, it's gonna be better.
But any (early) wand has an implicit that increases spell damage. And I believe Enki recommends using a vendor recipe fairly soon, which you can do with both wands.

Thanks. I kinda assumed that and just went with something akin to what you mentioned. now I am incredibly stuck on the crafting part so I am likely just going to move past that until a later point. Thanks again for the helpful input!!!!
Last edited by Ferocitas on Apr 18, 2021, 9:34:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info