Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Zuuule wrote:
Hey there fellow Arc users! I've been working hard trying to get my build up to snuff. This is my second league and first to actually finish all maps on my atlas. I still need to complete bonus and awakening objectives.
I was able to defeat the syndicate mastermind on map lvl 78 no problem. I have a chance to take on the elder as I have all 4 fragments needed to get to him. My question is if my current build can take him on? I've been watching videos and learning the fight I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time.
Currently sitting on 3K life and 9K mana and max resists. POB says I have 3.6 million shaper DPS.
If someone could take a quick gander at my character and provide some feedback I would appreciate it.
I think you have the damage to do it. Some of the fight is a bit counterintuitive, so it is good to watch a video or two. Now that you have done so, go for it. I remember watching videos on Sirus, Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder, etc. but doing it in person is still different. I would expect to use some portals and maybe even to fail it the first time but it isn't a waste of time, it's all part of the learning process. Going through that myself right now with Maven, watched videos, thought I knew the fight, but so far I have failed it twice. I suspect that after another 10 fights it will become a much easier fight just like the others.
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
"
Octauianus wrote:
Would there be any tweaks for HC?
This build is not viable in HC

Well, yes I understand that. I am wondering if there are any recommendable tweaks to the build to make it HC viable - particular nodes or skills, etc. Essentially, I would like to try and play arc in HC.
"
Octauianus wrote:
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
"
Octauianus wrote:
Would there be any tweaks for HC?
This build is not viable in HC

Well, yes I understand that. I am wondering if there are any recommendable tweaks to the build to make it HC viable - particular nodes or skills, etc. Essentially, I would like to try and play arc in HC.

I'd probably suggest to see if you can find the necromancer version from the last few leagues. I think buckfutter is running it atm, you can check his profile by finding a post by him. But I have no idea if that is defensively strong enough to be HC viable.
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:
Hey there fellow Arc users! I've been working hard trying to get my build up to snuff. This is my second league and first to actually finish all maps on my atlas. I still need to complete bonus and awakening objectives.
I was able to defeat the syndicate mastermind on map lvl 78 no problem. I have a chance to take on the elder as I have all 4 fragments needed to get to him. My question is if my current build can take him on? I've been watching videos and learning the fight I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time.
Currently sitting on 3K life and 9K mana and max resists. POB says I have 3.6 million shaper DPS.
If someone could take a quick gander at my character and provide some feedback I would appreciate it.
I think you have the damage to do it. Some of the fight is a bit counterintuitive, so it is good to watch a video or two. Now that you have done so, go for it. I remember watching videos on Sirus, Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder, etc. but doing it in person is still different. I would expect to use some portals and maybe even to fail it the first time but it isn't a waste of time, it's all part of the learning process. Going through that myself right now with Maven, watched videos, thought I knew the fight, but so far I have failed it twice. I suspect that after another 10 fights it will become a much easier fight just like the others.

I went ahead and did the fight and it was actually surprisingly easier than I thought it would be. I did indeed use a few portals but I attribute that to not seeing and dodging incoming one shots. Phase 2 where you have to protect the Shaper was really easy with this build as arc chains all over the place killing the adds as well as the portals that spawn them. I'll soon have a fully leveled anomalous arc that will make it even easier.
I also completed 2 of the maven 10 boss fights as well without much problem.
Last edited by Zuuule on Feb 26, 2021, 9:46:27 AM
Anyone here done Simulacrum yet?
For those looking for more single target DPS, I went through this a couple of weeks ago and made a few significant changes (many alluded to in Enki's guide) to convert to a boss killer.

I'm done with the league, but invested a few hours in writing it up and getting feedback from reddit.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3061629
Last edited by choco11 on Feb 26, 2021, 10:53:09 AM
"
Dreagation wrote:
"
Octauianus wrote:

I'd probably suggest to see if you can find the necromancer version from the last few leagues. I think buckfutter is running it atm, you can check his profile by finding a post by him. But I have no idea if that is defensively strong enough to be HC viable.
If you focus on the defensive aspects of the Necro build I think you could run it to lower level maps without too much of a problem but you would need to have good knowledge of all the various map bosses to know which to not take on. My current Necro, which is level 97, is more geared to damage and doesn't die often but does get blown up now and again. I do not roll the maps that carefully, other than ele reflect and no regen are skips, but if I also avoided others with vulnerability, ele weakness, crit mods, and perhaps some others, it would be fairly safe. I think with either build the two items that cause deaths are lack of significant phys damage mitigation and often smaller effective health pools to absorb hits. The Necro is better in that regard as mana is almost always full. A a better player with more patience, faster reaction times, greater game knowledge, and better flask uptime management would die less than I do but I do not think that it's entirely unavoidable. Speaking of flasks, one strategy that has served me well is that when I am going for a level and run dry of charges I immediately log out, or portal if in a safe area, to get them back to full charges.
"
Anyone here done Simulacrum yet?
I did it when I was running the build, can't recall the level I was at but it was maybe 95 and I had okay to good gear. Made it to the 18th wave before it became too much. The damage was sufficient but not quite enough to handle being overrun. I do think that it is possible to complete and get 5+ stacks on each wave for it to be profitable with good gear. This was actually one of the reasons I switched to Necro, Simulacrum is where I make currency and I wasn't happy with how it went. My Necro has less damage but is still able to clear it better (explody gloves might be a large factor in that and you can't get those for the Elementalist because you need 30/30 gloves) and doesn't die except in somewhat rare circumstances of bad RNG.
"
choco11 wrote:
For those looking for more single target DPS, I went through this a couple of weeks ago and made a few significant changes (many alluded to in Enki's guide) to convert to a boss killer.

I'm done with the league, but invested a few hours in writing it up and getting feedback from reddit.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3061629
This is really good and I did essentially the same thing but with two witches. I respecced the Enki into the prior Enki Necro, with some changes, and use it for mapping and currency generation. Then I have a level 93 build similar to yours that I use for bossing. The damage on mine isn't great but it still decimates single targets and if I move over the good gems from the Necro it does absolutely absurd amounts of damage. Once I get the Awakened Hectouch up to level 5 it is going to be off the charts, maybe even close to yours. Thank you for the weapon swap suggestion, right now I use that to start golems but am willing to sacrifice that QOL for better mapping once I get all the gems leveled up that I need.

As you pointed out in your post, which again, is really well done and I commend you for it, using Pledge of Hands is a horrible experience. It plays like utter garbage and can be extremely frustrating - it's a death trap. To anyone who is interested in the absurd damage it outputs, who has not used Pledge of Hands before, get yourself one and link two blue sockets, put in arc and spell echo, go play a few maps with it. Personally I cannot play it for more than a few maps without wanting out and going back to the Necro. Now, with this weapon swap idea maybe that will allow for greater use of the build but Pledge of Hands isn't something I find fun for long.

One other benefit of two witches, especially if you play a lot, is that you can hand down most of the gems. I put the best ones in the Necro but any that bricked had an outlet because the PoH witch already did so much damage level 20 gems are fine.
Hi , i want to ask , if i switch Arc gem with Crackling Lance gem , is it viable ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info