Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Tzimisces wrote:
Hi all, can we use Elemental Overload?
It seems to fit perfectly for this uild, since we already crit a lot, this would lead us to flat 40% damage all time.

Also, higher crit chance would not be better than cast speed? So why we dont keep ice golem instead?

Elemental Overload is terrible for this build at least for me, I got 500% crit multiplier and 94% crit chance so obviously it would be a huge dps loss.

As for the golem, ice golem adds crit chance equal to about ~1.5 passive nodes at lvl 20 while lightning golem gives about ~3 cast speed passives and also casts an an aura that gives lightning damage for 4 seconds regularly.
Is this build viable for spark instead of arc, By simple just replacing the skill and a few supports here and there?
@MuFeR: That would be an alternative for everyone not using WB, but those that do get a huge attack speed boost through Dark Arts, which gets further multiplied by the 10% more attack speed multiplier from dualwielding. The flat mana from Int is nice to have too, but of course not the selling point.

@axele75: Nope, Marauder is very suboptimal for this build. You'd waste alot of passives to get to the important parts of the tree, and non of the Marauder Ascendancy classes really benefit this build.

@Winndowlikker: You haven't checked very closely then. I have two chars with this build geared, tho the one in Standard doesn't have gems socketed so i could link them in this guide, didn't bother to put them back yet because i'm playing this build in Perandus right now.

The gearing is as cheap as always, if you look properly and make use of master crafting you can still get to high tier maps with minimal investment. Of course, if you want top tier gear you have to pay the price for that. Lack of ES should not be an issue because we don't scale that, which is mentioned in the gear section.

Life is definitely the main stat for survivability, after that mana and mana regeneration. If your gear misses those stats, or has no slots to add them through master, it's simply not worth buying that. You don't need trires on all gear, just enough resistance on all slots to be capped. Again, proper planning and masters can help greatly here.

I've checked your gear and can see why you struggle. First of you don't have the recommend flask setup, even no Granite of Topaz flask at all. That's where you should start. Helmet and amulet do nothing for this build, not sure why you would use them with this build at all, also your ring doesn't have any life or mana regen. Chest and boots have really low liferolls too, while it kind of works on boots you definitely need more from chest.
Reread the gear section completely, and buy your new gear according to what's recommend in the text.

I did not abandon this build like you claim, infact i do play it actively in Perandus right now.
But it should be obvious that i won't just play one single build for years in Path of Exile.

@Tzimisces: Elemental Overload is absolutely bad for us. Like MuFeR already pointed out, crit builds get their damage mostly through crit multi. Ele Overload is only a good option for noncrit builds, that get a little crit chance or use other means to proc Ele Overload for extra damage.

Lightning Golem is way better than Ice Golem. We already have enough crit chance to reliably crit as a spellcaster, and benefit more from the cast speed (and attack speed when using WB) and flat lightning damage aura Lightning Golem gives.

@Masaaki14: That sounds like you will lack survivability. The charge generation behind Conduit won't be reliable enough, you will still need to use Orb of Storms + PCoC.
If you can put in some other form of defense, that may could work.

@antomys: It won't be as good as a dedicated Spark build. You want to go Ascendant (Berserker + Deadeye), use Pierce gem, get projectile speed and maybe one duration cluster.
twitch.tv/enki91
I'm not sure how well the nodes behind conduit will work, but I used victario's acuity for my spark buuld, which worked out great. Picking up a few mana reserved nodes could allow me to add a few more defensive auras, coupled with LC, and I was thinking of using a CWDT curse set up, and a taste of hate(got one from cadiro on my EQ). i'm trying to think of other ways to bolster my defense, but I kinda feel that MoM requires a rather large mana pool that I would rather use for auras.

Edit: i'm considering using MoM again, but i need some reference. How much life and mana would you have at level 80, with only say a flat +50 mana from your rings and amulet? How much mana regen and life regen do you have?
Last edited by Masaaki14 on Apr 20, 2016, 8:46:07 PM
Hello Enki, I`m playing your build for 2 weeks now and had a really fun time since. Keep up the good work !
I got like 1,5ex worth currency but dont know what to improve next, looking forward for some suggestions. Thats my gear..
Spoiler

Edit - I`m playing witch occultist. got 56% crt chance w/o charges, 30k dps, almost 5k life and 2k mana, my resists are capped except Chaos resist and I run tier 10-11 maps right now.
Last edited by ahitomg on Apr 21, 2016, 7:57:39 AM
@Masaaki14: I've tested Overcharged on my Scion, you can read about it in the summary below.

Ideally MoM requires 1/3rd of your life as unreserved mana to avoid oneshots. This build doesn't quite reach that, but still enough to be a very noticeable mitigation. I'm currently at 5.6k life, 970 unreserved mana and 240 mana/s on my Lv92 Scion (Lv2 Enlighten, missing some life nodes) and 5.2k life, 950 unreserved mana and something around 220 mana/s on my Lv92 Witch.
At Lv80 you should be able to reach around 4.6-4.8k life, more as a Scion, and somewhere around 800 unreserved mana with that little mana on gear.

Imo, no other aura you could use does as much as MoM does for this build.

@ahitomg: Hey, that's pretty sick gear you got! I would say, wait and save up until your Arc hits Lv20, and if you fail to corrupt it to Lv21, use your currency to buy that. After that is done, you could possibly invest in some gg jewels or Void Batteries.

I've been testing a few suggestions that came up in the recent days with my Scion, with rather mixed success:

- Overcharged (cluster behind Conduit): These nodes are a fun addition, but ultimately too random for reliable power charge generation. Due to their position, they only work as a Scion with either legacy Vinktars or Acuity so you can drop the nodes between Coordination and True Strike.
This pathing opens up replacing Dynamo with Dreamer, but you'll have to sacrifice either 4 life nodes or DPS nodes to pick up Overcharged. Overall doesn't seem worth it.

- Elementalist + Berserker (Scion): It's a decent combo for Scions and more actual damage than pairing Assassin with Berserker. Elemental Conflux isn't really helpful, and we have to spam Orb of Storms way more to keep power charges up. I'll put a note as optional solution into the guide.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey Enki91,
I started your build, but got interested in Freezing Pulse (since there barely are any recent builds). I am using both setups (4link Arc) and (yet) a Tabula 6 link Freezing Pulse. I still didn't manage to 6 link my coil.

With fp and 6 Power charges I reach up to 100k dps, but i seem to lack defensive mechanisms. I only got 4k life, I am right now in the process of optimizing my gear but I alrdy got a lot of +max life nodes/gear. I am clearly nowhere near the item possibilities of some of the posters here, but i'm trying my best.

I'm using CoH-Assassins Mark-Herald of Ice for leech and WB-FA-Fortify as movement skill (2 daggers). I'm also using AA, Clarity and the mentioned Herald. I unskilled MoM cause the mana pool just seems to be too low (1,2k). Resistances are (over-) capped

I know you mentioned the positioning/movement type of play. But especially sick map mods and hard hitting opponents leave me ripping a lot aswell as the insane lag freeze from Perandus Chests (SC).

Do you have any further ideas to get this build more tanky (besides the obvious tricks like Taste of hate, Coil etc.)

I hope ur replying to me and I'm interested what you think about the FP-Variation.

Cheers.
Last edited by AlwaysCereal on Apr 22, 2016, 11:00:42 AM
Hi

Just thought I would weigh in on survivability. For the last few weeks I have been playing with Life Leech in the red slot on my chest. I wasn't dying a lot before but this really made a difference, I also just took soul siphon which works better than I had anticipated. I lose some DPS but can still melt tier 11 maps with no issue. I might swap in a lvl 4 empower if I manage to get one but until then I am happy with the Life Leech. Very high DPS seems to be the attraction of many builds but in reality how high does it need to be?

The only times I die are if I am lazy and not paying attention eg. popping a chest and getting surrounded and not being fast enough on the Lightning Warp or looking at loot and dying to corrupted blood or the desecrated ground I am standing in. If I play smart I have no issues, also as the guide says do not do elem reflect maps so don't. On the first grp of a unid map I always pop the flask just in case and write off the map if it has reflect.

One big problem to be aware of is not building power charges quickly enough, they increase DPS so much that only having 4 or 5 limits the effectiveness of the leech on warlords. For this reason I am also very careful in high lvl enfeeble maps, less chance to crit has a big effect on dps and therefore leech effects.

@AlwaysCereal: Hey there! FP could possibly work well too, but you should do a few optimizations:
- Get Projectile Speed: FP's damage dissipates the further it travels, with projectile speed you can inflict more damage to enemies further away, giving you some range buffer.
Sniper and Ballistic Mastery are close to this builds path, or roll projectile speed on jewels.

- Drop Arc: No real point in running both skills half-assed, instead of one of them to its full potential. The free'd up 4L could be used for another CwDt-setup or something else, and you can drop CotB (assuming you use it) for a defensive ring.

- Get Mana + Mana Regen + MoM: If you mean you only have 1.2k total mana before reservation, get more mana nodes and mana on gear to reach about 2k, then spec back MoM. It is a very effective defensive system for casters.

- Switch Ass Mark with Warlords Mark: The former gives you life on kill, which isn't nearly as strong as leech from Warlord's Mark. Plus you gain Endurance Charges for more survivability.

@Kanguranan: Hey, thanks for the feedback! Agreeing with you on all points.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey Kanguranan and Enki, thanks for your quick replies guys. I thought about dropping Arc, the only thing that bothers me, that if i drop Assassins Mark, i lose any chance of getting Power Charges aka Damage.

I could use both curses, since I have tri-curse setup, but that would cost me one gem slot so I'd not have 4 slots for the cwdt-setup.

Concerning the removal of Arc I'd just bring up that I'm quite used to the dual setup and that it complements the missing range of FP. Also its a good way to build up power charges fast. A possible alternative could maybe be putting in a LMP/GMP to have more projectiles/AoE.

I'm just wondering if Cwdt is that much of a differenc., I also tried the Leech-Gem for a while and the leech was good, but big hits still almost kill me.

I have myy Coil 5 linked now and will probably leave it at that, but how did you guys get 4 (!) blue colors? I already wasted 240 Chromatics @Vorici recipe.

And to finish obviously again thanks for the quick an helpful responses guys, I'm really flattered you guys respond to one of thousand people using this guide.
Last edited by AlwaysCereal on Apr 23, 2016, 3:23:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info