[3.13] Enki's Arc Witch - a beginner friendly Lightning Caster

"
banita5000 wrote:
Hi folks, do you have any advice why may i run out of mana on bossfights so fast?

here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/5CrPGJBN

and maybe you can tell me what to improve to get more DPS cuz i got stuck at this moment

Survability is quite good till i dash in pack of strong mobs so i am now curious what to upgrade for better DPS.


Level up the gems you are using to level 20 and corrupt them to 21, make sure you have 20% quality on the ones that need that.

Get one of these



and get a Thread of Hope, use the points saved and more levels to start using cluster jewels which really help flasks perform better. You can get levels easily running level 83 Tunnel or Repository contracts, without mods the risk of dying is very low, if you are dying use lower level contracts. Open all rooms, set off the alarm, go back and forth through it two or three times and leave. The loot isn't good but the XP is almost free, 10 to 15 millions points per contract at 83 and if you don't do Grand Heists you can sell the markers made at 25k per ex.

I think you should use a normal life flask and get a silver flask which will help damage and survivability. I don't think the flask setup in the guide can be much improved upon. I have never used the Forbidden Taste flask but suspect it is killing you.

I think you should also replace conductivity with spell cascade and get Kitava's teaching in the cluster setup.
"
Nyangoro wrote:
"
Gimdornim wrote:


I've done aura stacker myself in the past league, and from what I see in this league it definitely requires at least 20ex to get going. Post us a character that you've done significantly less than that and we'll discuss.


Did you skip past the point where I mentioned 4-5 passive medium clusters were significantly cheaper than their counterparts? I know this, because when I leveled my aura stacker this league I was sitting on 4-5 medium passive clusters when levelling pre-90, simply because they were so cheap.

"
Gimdornim wrote:

You'll also not be able to do enjoy aura stacking during levelling. Try telling beginner that they'll be on their own until they make it into lvl 80s to transit to aura stacker.


I don't quite understand this non-sequitur - guides revolving around aura stacking can, and have, for the record, guided their readers how to slowly increase the number of auras as they level, and which to prioritize. Some don't of course, but I don't think playing to confirmation bias is really the game you wish to play here.

"
Gimdornim wrote:

The second paragraph is particularly curious. "Beginner" in my opinion has completely different meaning. It means allowing you to learn about the game and do all contents, but the contents will still provide challenges.


Which then begs the question: why are you so vehemently against the notion of aura stacking arc? If you truly mean what you say here, then having a middle-ground option lined up for less mechanical players who instead are better at the theorycrafting portion of the game, should be a viable option instead of one that should be shot down on sight.

It's not like aura stacking arc has all the advantages of that of their aura stacking summoner counterparts, like body blocking, the full array of defensive debuffs and the ability to run around without stopping to dps.


I'm curious which guides you are talking about. A quick search reveals

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2913007
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2965448
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2952400

and many more. All of them involves using alternative setup/skills during levelling before switching to aura stacker setup. That's also how I played mine during Harvest. Even just getting to cluster jewel sockets requires some levelling. If you are proposing a build that

1. uses arc from the beginning
2. has your major offensive and defensive options ready before finishing acts
3. runs at a similar budget as this build

then I'm all for it. But if you're just theorycrafting in PoB using a level 90 character, you're not gonna see if it's viable or not at all. I've done theorycrafting myself with countless meme builds, all turned out to be not nearly as balanced as Enki's arc. Instead of theorycrafting and comparing your imaginary beginner aura stacking arc with Enki's, why not just reroll a witch and see how it plays out according to your planning? If it works we will be happy to learn another viable way to play arc, too.

edit. If that's not clear enough, I'm not against the idea of aura stacking arc at all. I've tried several version of arc builds myself. I'm just against playing a sound build incorrectly and blaming things on the build. I'll also stop replying to this topic as I do not find the discussion constructive, especially since we both don't have an aura stacking arc character atm.
Last edited by Gimdornim on Nov 24, 2020, 5:10:44 PM
"
Gimdornim wrote:


I'm curious which guides you are talking about. A quick search reveals

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2913007
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2965448
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2952400

and many more. All of them involves using alternative setup/skills during levelling before switching to aura stacker setup. That's also how I played mine during Harvest. Even just getting to cluster jewel sockets requires some levelling. If you are proposing a build that

1. uses arc from the beginning


Then following your own logic, if you weren't specifically playing aura stacker arc in harvest, your experience is irrelevant here, yes?

Because these things tend to work both ways.

"
Gimdornim wrote:

2. has your major offensive and defensive options ready before finishing acts


Why is this really that relevant, when the endpoint in either aura or non-aura version that the player is still spamming arc in the end to do damage?

The only real difficulty is the burden of knowledge involved from swapping from block-/active skill-oriented mitigation to the more passive ones from auras, which surprise surprise, is solved by having a guide.

"
Gimdornim wrote:

3. runs at a similar budget as this build

then I'm all for it. But if you're just theorycrafting in PoB using a level 90 character, you're not gonna see if it's viable or not at all. I've done theorycrafting myself with countless meme builds, all turned out to be not nearly as balanced as Enki's arc. Instead of theorycrafting and comparing your imaginary beginner aura stacking arc with Enki's, why not just reroll a witch and see how it plays out according to your planning? If it works we will be happy to learn another viable way to play arc, too.


The glaringly obvious flaw in your logic here:

"runs at a similar budget as this build" - so you are saying, the significant cost spike of transitioning from Enki's build to things like Garb of Defiance and curse medium clusters is a-ok, but somehow, affording 4-5 passive aura medium clusters is out of the book, even though they are really cheap because the supply is much larger than the demand due to obvious reasons.

"
Gimdornim wrote:

edit. If that's not clear enough, I'm not against the idea of aura stacking arc at all. I've tried several version of arc builds myself. I'm just against playing a sound build incorrectly and blaming things on the build. I'll also stop replying to this topic as I do not find the discussion constructive, especially since we both don't have an aura stacking arc character atm.


Sorry, it's just plain condescending, and rude to essentially tell beginners "to just git gud" if they rightfully report problems surviving endgame content with this build.

It's ironic you would invoke a counterpoint revolving around "constructive discussion" when your stance is of one of elitism, of "I, a skilled and experienced veteran can do it, so if you as a beginner can't it's just your fault, too bad".

But I suppose it's true, you are right there's literally nothing constructive about all of this when this thread is filled with beginners following the guide point-for-point wondering why they are constantly dying in higher tier maps and content; and that the veterans like you are telling them it's just "their fault for not playing the build properly" instead of truthfully and objectively telling them the drawbacks of the build not being based on constant and sustained mitigation, and that it is based on all-or-nothing block-based and non-100% uptime mitigation like Arcane Cloak.
Last edited by Nyangoro on Nov 24, 2020, 11:43:50 PM
"
Nyangoro wrote:

But I suppose it's true, you are right there's literally nothing constructive about all of this when this thread is filled with beginners following the guide point-for-point wondering why they are constantly dying in higher tier maps and content; and that the veterans like you are telling them it's just "their fault for not playing the build properly" instead of truthfully and objectively telling them the drawbacks of the build not being based on constant and sustained mitigation, and that it is based on all-or-nothing block-based and non-100% uptime mitigation like Arcane Cloak.


Holy hell who are you? Trolling with walls of texts. You're agressive, condensending and anoying. And you wonder why people don't want to discuss with you. You must be popular at parties...
Nothing more than helpful answers here. It's my first contact with Arc build and EVERY time I asked something, I got a few answers explaining step by step.

Damn, man just get lost.
"
Mike1980 wrote:

Holy hell who are you? Trolling with walls of texts. You're agressive, condensending and anoying. And you wonder why people don't want to discuss with you. You must be popular at parties...
Nothing more than helpful answers here. It's my first contact with Arc build and EVERY time I asked something, I got a few answers explaining step by step.

Damn, man just get lost.


Cool, you bought into the "this build is perfectly fine, you are just bad" nonsense propagated in this thread. That's really on you though, and not on me for being "agressive, condensending and anoying".

Lots of people love to live in a lie, and take personal offense when someone comes along to tell them the tough truth. Again, that's really the problem of the former, and not the latter.

"
Mike1980 wrote:

Nothing more than helpful answers here.


"Helpful answers" which conveniently and consistently fail to mention how rippy this build is at higher tier content, and always shift the blame onto those asking the questions as wholly responsible for their performance.
Last edited by Nyangoro on Nov 25, 2020, 11:11:38 AM
Might be a stupid question, but would you recommend getting a Headhunter if I can afford it?
"
banita5000 wrote:
Hi folks, do you have any advice why may i run out of mana on bossfights so fast?

here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/5CrPGJBN

and maybe you can tell me what to improve to get more DPS cuz i got stuck at this moment

Survability is quite good till i dash in pack of strong mobs so i am now curious what to upgrade for better DPS.


Your sceptre doesn't have spell cascade mod, so you won't create enough corpses with desecrate. Until you can find a spell cascade weapon, you might need to use the spell cascade gem linked to desecrate. Getting Kitava's Teachings and mana regeneration enchant on boots would also help. You can change the anointment on your amulet to Mana Flows since Mind Drinker doesn't provide mana recovery during boss fights.

If you want a boost in single target dps, there are two things that comes to my mind:

1. Increase your spell critical chance through passive tree/jewels/gear. Currently you have 6%. That's too low to reliably proc Elemental Overload. You can pay attention to your active buffs while mapping and see its uptime. Eventually, with sufficient critical chance you can use controlled destruction instead of chain to further boost dps. But EO has priority.

2. Once you have enough mana regeneration, you can turn on righteous fire. It's another massive dps boost. Just be careful of map mods like -maximum player resistance or players are cursed with elemental weakness. Also, if you cannot sustain it(meaning you're actually losing mana), don't run the map with it on!

You might feel bad losing conductivity in trigger wand. It does hurt your dps a bit. If you really want to use it, find a ring with curse conductivity on hit, or remove some existent gems to make room for it.
"
Might be a stupid question, but would you recommend getting a Headhunter if I can afford it?


As a belt it is not best choice in this build, and you need to balance your resistance for it.

However it is fun choice and worth a try, you can anyway resell it if not interested.

Personally I would recommend a try, I'm also saving money for one at end of this league.

BTW, in standard it is more expensive. If you plan to play standard, it is positive investment (EDIT: not true, the price I found were replica ones in heist, so heist one is still expensive than standard). If you don't, it can be a good trophy.
Last edited by billybob630 on Nov 26, 2020, 12:02:11 PM
Quality: +20%
Chance to Block: 24%
Evasion Rating: 290
Energy Shield: 56
Item Level: 80
Requires Level 70, 85 Dex, 85 Int
+1 to Level of Socketed Vaal Gems
Socketed Gems have 15% reduced Mana Reservation
16% increased Spell Damage
+56 to maximum Mana
Recover 5% of Life when you Block
Recover 5% of your maximum Mana when you Block
+64 to maximum Life (Think its crafted life)
Corrupted


VS

Rarity: Rare
Phoenix Anthem
Fossilised Spirit Shield
--------
Chance to Block: 22%
Energy Shield: 47
--------
Requirements:
Level: 64
Dex: 47
Int: 141
--------
Sockets: B-G-B
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
16% increased Spell Damage (implicit)
--------
+60 to maximum Mana
+44% to Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
Recover 7% of your maximum Mana when you Block
+46 to maximum Life (crafted)
--------
Shaper Item

In my shield I use clarity, Flame Dash, Second wind.

Last edited by Djuntas on Nov 26, 2020, 9:28:41 AM
Besides %MoM, which secondary mod on a Watcher's Eye will benefit me the most?

10-15% Lightning Penetration
10-15% Mana Recovery Rate

PoB: https://pastebin.com/TQ4haYLT
Last edited by supremej on Nov 26, 2020, 3:23:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info