Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

For critical strike, does following enchant works with Master of Fear + Curse?

Just got one today, seems POB cannot recognize this enchant, because I cannot see critical chance change there.

I'm using SB to proc EO, so checking that skill:
* Without enchant: https://pastebin.com/k9bSJTDW
* With enchant: https://pastebin.com/Zz72L5av
* Crit Chance are the same
Last edited by billybob630 on Nov 23, 2020, 7:21:30 PM
"
billybob630 wrote:
For critical strike, does following enchant works with Master of Fear + Curse?

Just got one today, seems POB cannot recognize this enchant, because I cannot see critical chance change there.

I'm using SB to proc EO, so checking that skill:
* Without enchant: https://pastebin.com/k9bSJTDW
* With enchant: https://pastebin.com/Zz72L5av
* Crit Chance are the same

Wow, that's an interesting enchant. Judging from the wording it should. I'm gonna get it since we don't have better enchant to put on belts anyway. Will test if it works after I get it on my belt.

edit. Upon a closer look there is an enchant "Enemies Withered by you have -6% to all Resistances." Maybe also decent if using CwDT Withering Step.
Last edited by Gimdornim on Nov 24, 2020, 2:24:01 AM
"
Mike1980 wrote:

I know he is doable, but comparing to storm brand setups my tries take ages and in last phase he manages to teleport and oneshot me after some time since it takes me 5 min to take 20% of his hp.

This might come off as offensive to some but:

That's the problem with this build in endgame content: it plays out a lot more unforgiving than what a lot of their users would admit.

I did briefly theorycraft an aura-stacking variant of the arc witch for the sake of 90% elemental resists/Chaos Innoculation/high evasion+armour etc, but it's just a weaker version of arc guardian/scion.
Last edited by Nyangoro on Nov 24, 2020, 4:04:14 AM
"
Nyangoro wrote:
"
Mike1980 wrote:

I know he is doable, but comparing to storm brand setups my tries take ages and in last phase he manages to teleport and oneshot me after some time since it takes me 5 min to take 20% of his hp.

This might come off as offensive to some but:

That's the problem with this build in endgame content: it plays out a lot more unforgiving than what a lot of their users would admit.

I did briefly theorycraft an aura-stacking variant of the arc witch for the sake of 90% elemental resists/Chaos Innoculation/high evasion+armour etc, but it's just a weaker version of arc guardian/scion.

You are comparing apples and oranges. If you have the budget to set up aura stacker and spend it on Enki's arc witch instead, A8 Sirus and Uber Elder will not be unforgiving. They'll be jokes.

On the other hand, if you're talking about deep delve/100% delirius maps as "endgame content", then I'd agree that this build is not the most efficient use of currency. It never meant to be one anyway, and neither did any other builds that label themselves as beginner.
"
Gimdornim wrote:

You are comparing apples and oranges. If you have the budget to set up aura stacker and spend it on Enki's arc witch instead, A8 Sirus and Uber Elder will not be unforgiving. They'll be jokes.

It's merely a myth that the nominal 300% aurastacker build is particularly expensive. If you try to min-max 400% with perfect notables 6 passive clusters, that's when it starts to get exorbitant, but 300% aura value to hit 90% AR? That's easily achieveable with subpar 4-5 passive medium clusters and 1c uniques.

"
Gimdornim wrote:

On the other hand, if you're talking about deep delve/100% delirius maps as "endgame content", then I'd agree that this build is not the most efficient use of currency. It never meant to be one anyway, and neither did any other builds that label themselves as beginner.

"Beginner build" is a misnomer if they do not cruise said beginners through endgame content with minimal effort.

Which is the case for this build, because it has a signifcantly higher skill requirement by virtue of demanding the user dodge fatal mechanics that other builds can innately nullify with a similar level of investment.
Last edited by Nyangoro on Nov 24, 2020, 8:12:46 AM
Hi guys, with my current equipment I am able to kill Sirus in one run and finish all shaper and elder fragments maps but I'm not so sure about going in to the key of decay and also key to the crucible. Can anyone take a look at my build and tell me if I will stand a chance in these fights?

my pob: https://pastebin.com/CZubM1iU
"
bananacandy98 wrote:
Hi guys, with my current equipment I am able to kill Sirus in one run and finish all shaper and elder fragments maps but I'm not so sure about going in to the key of decay and also key to the crucible. Can anyone take a look at my build and tell me if I will stand a chance in these fights?

my pob: https://pastebin.com/CZubM1iU

Personally I think both of those fights are easier than A8 Sirus. The next one, where you fight both Elder and Shaper at the same time might be a little harder but all of them are really just mechanical, you have the necessary damage. Do watch a video or two though, some of the mechanics are counterintuitive.
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
Personally I think both of those fights are easier than A8 Sirus. The next one, where you fight both Elder and Shaper at the same time might be a little harder but all of them are really just mechanical, you have the necessary damage. Do watch a video or two though, some of the mechanics are counterintuitive.

I see, will check some videos out, thanks!
"
Nyangoro wrote:
"
Gimdornim wrote:

It's merely a myth that the nominal 300% aurastacker build is particularly expensive. If you try to min-max 400% with perfect notables 6 passive clusters, that's when it starts to get exorbitant, but 300% aura value to hit 90% AR? That's easily achieveable with subpar 4-5 passive medium clusters and 1c uniques.

"
Gimdornim wrote:

"Beginner build" is a misnomer if they do not cruise said beginners through endgame content with minimal effort.

Which is the case for this build, because it has a signifcantly higher skill requirement by virtue of demanding the user dodge fatal mechanics that other builds can innately nullify with a similar level of investment.

Can you name any such "beginner build" that will cruise a noob through endgame content? With the possible exception of a summoner build, I can't think of any beginner build that really achieves this.

Enki has always been up-front that he wants people playing his build to actually learn the mechanics of the game and the fights. Learning to dodge the Shaper's slam, for instance, is a good thing for a beginner. I've found the build able to easily tank things that would honestly kill most other builds, though I admit I've invested a fair bit into it at this point. But the build still works well on a reasonable budget, which is important.

I'm not really trying to argue here--there are certainly stronger builds that you can make work with less currency, if you know how--but I do feel it necessary to chime in that I've done all endgame content deathless with this build this league and it's definitely the character I go for when I need something rock-solid.
As a new player the build has been great; straight forward playstyle and decent-enough gear has been easy/cheap enough to find/make/buy. Though I haven't yet done all the endgame content, what I have done has felt challenging but doable. The game is sort of overwhelming for someone new and Enki's detail at the beginning and the active thread here were/are quite helpful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info