Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"

The thread is really lucky to have your build as an example of what to strive for.

Thank you :D

"

Those are all good things to aspire for. I don't know if I have the patience to craft a helmet and amulet like yours for the penetration--that could not have been cheap, right

The ammy isn't that expensive. You need to get one with the incursion mod, fill up suffixes, crusader slam it, and remove the slammed mod if you didn't get lucky. After that there's a slightly tedious process of bench crafting 'Add # to # damage to lightning attack', harvest augmenting lightning, removing the benchcraft, and removing the augmented lightning mod. It's about 9% to hit it so around 11 augment lightnings and 11 remove lightnings on average to hit T1 lightning pen.
The T1 mana reg on the ammy is a different story, I got insanely lucky and found a base with the incursion mod and T1 mana reg for 4ex, if I wanted to get it myself I'd have to use 48 'reforge keeping prefixes' on average. Though just benchcrafted mana reg together with the implicit will still be a huge chunk of mana reg.
For the head you have to buy the enchanted base, crusader slam it, alt spam till you hit T1 max mana, then use an awakener orb on it and a shaper head with 'nearby enemeies take increased elemental damage'. After that you can fill prefixes, bench craft lightning resist, and use an augment lightning to get the lightning penetration guaranteed. The awakener orb and the enchanted base cost quite a bit, but the rest is easy to make after. There's also around a 50% chance of getting something without a harvest removable tag when you use the awakener orb, but if you get creative there is always a way to get at least 50/50 on removing the right thing with the harvest "remove-non's". I bricked one head, but still sold it for 5 ex so it wasn't that bad.

"

I can't believe how big your life pool is. It's coming at the expense of mana sustain, and that would be my only issue with it (a liability against DoT), but it does give you an appreciably bigger life pool against single hits. (Edit: I see now why you are stacking so much chaos resist. Have you tried out Healthy Mind to see if it really lowers your overall survivability? I'm curious about that. I'm sure it'd be a DPS boost either way.)

I actually have the chaos resist that high because I couldn't find anything better to put instead of it :p. Best options would probably be %Mana recovery or spell crit on chest or cast speed during flask effect on belt. The chaos resist is real nice though, can even tank die beams on sirus.
I'm thinking about swapping out my chest for a cloak of defiance though, If I got fire res on a jewel I'd still be capped if I switched out my current one.
I'll try running around with healthy mind a bit after I get my next level.
"
Yarbl wrote:

"

Those are all good things to aspire for. I don't know if I have the patience to craft a helmet and amulet like yours for the penetration--that could not have been cheap, right

The ammy isn't that expensive. You need to get one with the incursion mod, fill up suffixes, crusader slam it, and remove the slammed mod if you didn't get lucky. After that there's a slightly tedious process of bench crafting 'Add # to # damage to lightning attack', harvest augmenting lightning, removing the benchcraft, and removing the augmented lightning mod. It's about 9% to hit it so around 11 augment lightnings and 11 remove lightnings on average to hit T1 lightning pen.
The T1 mana reg on the ammy is a different story, I got insanely lucky and found a base with the incursion mod and T1 mana reg for 4ex, if I wanted to get it myself I'd have to use 48 'reforge keeping prefixes' on average. Though just benchcrafted mana reg together with the implicit will still be a huge chunk of mana reg.
For the head you have to buy the enchanted base, crusader slam it, alt spam till you hit T1 max mana, then use an awakener orb on it and a shaper head with 'nearby enemeies take increased elemental damage'. After that you can fill prefixes, bench craft lightning resist, and use an augment lightning to get the lightning penetration guaranteed. The awakener orb and the enchanted base cost quite a bit, but the rest is easy to make after. There's also around a 50% chance of getting something without a harvest removable tag when you use the awakener orb, but if you get creative there is always a way to get at least 50/50 on removing the right thing with the harvest "remove-non's". I bricked one head, but still sold it for 5 ex so it wasn't that bad.

Wow, that is super useful. I will need to give that a try. Thank you so much for sharing!
I don't get it. Bone Offering is to be cast or to be linked in my Kitava auto-cast helmet? As for Tempest Shield, it's to be used with CWDT or to be cast manually?
"
phosTR wrote:
I don't get it. Bone Offering is to be cast or to be linked in my Kitava auto-cast helmet? As for Tempest Shield, it's to be used with CWDT or to be cast manually?

bone offering is in kitava helmet, or in your triggered wand in the future

tempest shield is in your CWDT setup. keep tempest shield at level 1

edit: bone offering with desecrate works in a combo. desecrate provides the corpses for your bone offering in boss fights
Last edited by CliffAhead on Aug 19, 2020, 10:22:25 PM
@WorderMostFoul @Yarbl

does increased cast speed increase your dps? i mean, it sounds like a stupid question because of cos it does but how much mana regen do you really need to be able to cast a full-mana arc with such a high cast speed?

i have 4.5k mana regen/sec standing still, and close to 11k mana pool now. after 3-4 arc casts my mana is close to 50%.

what am i missing?

also, what jewel implicits do you look for in your base/abyss/cluster jewels? right now i'm running only 2 kinds:
- 1% increased movement speed
- 1% of damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds. quick question, is this damage mitigation, or it's just a secondary form of mana gain without reducing the damage taken in our case?

edit: maybe with enough 10% to avoid stun we can change from soul of the brine king to another pantheon? or maybe 10% to avoid shock?
Last edited by CliffAhead on Aug 19, 2020, 10:21:35 PM
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
phosTR wrote:

bone offering is in kitava helmet, or in your triggered wand in the future

tempest shield is in your CWDT setup. keep tempest shield at level 1

Thanks.
Hello everyone!
I'd like to thank you all for your advice and help!!!
Right now i'm 88 with the following tree:

https://pastebin.com/c9UEfnHb

I've seen coments with people who reach 10k Mana or close.
Can someone give me an advice on what should i improve next?
At Jewels i'm incredible low i just don't know what to search for since the Unique Eye i can't find it on trades.
Atm i'm using a 12 SP cluster.

"
OnlyRipper wrote:
Hello everyone!
I'd like to thank you all for your advice and help!!!
Right now i'm 88 with the following tree:

https://pastebin.com/c9UEfnHb

I've seen coments with people who reach 10k Mana or close.
Can someone give me an advice on what should i improve next?
At Jewels i'm incredible low i just don't know what to search for since the Unique Eye i can't find it on trades.
Atm i'm using a 12 SP cluster.

personally i would suggest:
- wand: remove crit on the wand for the crit multiplier. we don't invest in crit chance/multi so you're better off with another mod. iirc, crit multi is a suffix, so you can augment lighting to get % lightning dmg or lightning resist or % chance to shock. thankfully it's the only lightning-tagged mod on your wand so there's 0 chance of bricking it or risking your other mods

- helmet enchant with "arcane cloak spends 15% more mana" or "arc chains 1 more time". you'll have to PoB it to see which one gives you a higher dps boost. personally i went for the arcane cloak enchant as arcane cloak serves as a defensive layer as well, so it's 2-fold boost.

- shield: energy shield on shield is defence-tagged prefix, so you can remove defence on it. augment lightning for a choice of: %increased lightning dmg, +1 level to all lightning skill gems, gain % of lightnign dmg as extra chaos dmg. again, PoB it to see which is better for your build. thankfully it's the only lightning-tagged mod on your shield so there's 0 chance of bricking it or risking your other mods

- remove arcane surge on flame dash. arcane cloak + archmage + arcane surge at 20/20 should be enough to have perma uptime of arcane surge.

- as another poster have mentioned, you can consider swapping orb of storms with storm brand. i tried it out and it is so much smoother.

- get a Vaal Arc version. the vaal arc is good for clearing large packs, or unlocking all legion mobs, or just spamming in alva missions.

- ring: accuracy on ring is an attack-tagged prefix, so you can remove that and go for another resist, or augment lightning for chance to get %increased lightning damage, or augment caster got gaurenteed cast speed

- amulet: anointment on amulet: why path of the savant? i'd suggest either "Undertaker", or "Mana Flows", or "Mind Drinker", in that order. check PoB for highest dps boost

- boots: look more higher maximum mana over maimum life. i think you're valuing max life a little too much, and ignoring the ehp boost from having a higher mana pool. for example, i have 3.8k life pool, almost 11k mana pool, and my ehp is about 6.8k for single hit, and 20k for dot damage. agnostic + MoM makes it such that we can get away from a smaller life pool by having a large mana pool and high mana regen rate. also, this ratio makes sustaining RF easier. i think if you have some currency you can buy an upgrade off trade site. aim for tailwind on crit if possible (i'm actually selling my old tailwind boots lol). some of us are using the ome-blahblah unique boots for perma onsluaght and high mana pool/regen (you can check my profile to see the gear i'm using. enchant-wise, %increased mana regen if you have casted a spell recently is BiS but not necesary

- gloves: again, focus on more max mana than max life. the dex should be for gear requirement (i'm doing the same). i think you can buy an upgrade for really cheap

abyss jewel: aim for max life, max mana, maybe some resist to cap your resist, or you can get dex on it to fulfill your gear requirements, which might let you free up 1 slot on say, your gloves for another mod. increased mana regen while moving is good. minions deal additinoal flat dmg does not apply to us, only %increased minion damage (like your crafted mod on your glove) does.

belt: remove defence for the energy shield to free up a prefix, or remove/add defence to get armour for that littlle bit of physical mitigation.

for cluster jewel: best notable is Scintillating idea for the lightning pen. always look for that. Disorienting DIsplay is a defensive layer that casts a pseudo-aura of blind around you for a small duration.
i'm using a large cluster with the 3 notables: Scintillating idea, Disorienting DIsplay, and Supercharge (crafting the supercharge took me alot of remove/add crit)

flask: you need curse immunity flask ( flask of warding). i'd suggest quartz flask for phasing and 10% to dodge hits/spell hits over granite but that's just me. like another poster mentioned, at some point in time you're gonna replace your life flask with another flask (keep the bleed immunity if you don't have corrupted blood immunity from your jewels, they're not cheap) rumi's conccotion is a good flask for defensive layer. Atziri's promise, aim for max roll of 15% elemental dmg as extra chaos dmg, it's cheap.

passive tree:
- respec the "devotion" area, "discipline and training" 2 nodes, and go for Arcane chemistry. that path gives you 2x 10dex nodes which again, frees up your gear's dex requirement.
- again, you're valuing max life over max mana too much, which makes you jack of both trades, master of none. if you have the spare points after arcane chemistry, go for profane chemistry for increased flask effect.
- remove some points from the scion life wheel. you can get another jewel socket to the right of the "Shaper" notable along with 2x max mana nodes.
- at "Cruel Preparation" node, remove the 1 point above it, and get it to the point above "Deep thoughts". ALTERNATIVELY, keep it, but replace your Survival Secrets jewel socket with a Healthy Mind unique jewel. aim for max roll. edit: actually, you SHOULD do the Healthy Mind, it's a massive mana pool boost, which in turn gives you a massive DPS boost.
- at "Battle Rouse" notable, you're missing 1 small node to boost mana pool

i think i've covered everything i can.

Edit: i dont see Kitava's Teaching in your tree. Its an integral part of this build, the reason we go necro ascendancy. Get it asap.
Last edited by CliffAhead on Aug 20, 2020, 9:33:40 AM

Hello Enki, first of all i would like to thank you so much for introducing me to Path of Exile, such an amazing game, and what a way to start!

This is my current build, if possible I would like to know your thoughts on it. It's my first time putting a build together, with the help(big help) of my friend.

My current Passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAALjBAcEswVCB6UI9A3iEFEQWBSpFm8YPBhWGjgachzcHRQfAh8YJy8ngyj6Kk0snCziL9YycTLRM2w1kjbFPydBh0VHRZ1G_kiOSbJKn0rITLNNFE3jUWBR-1NSVIJVxlYtVkhXyFnzW9VcFF7AXypkcmZUZp5mumdxaVBqAWobakNqu20ZbqpyD3YRghCCx4PbhTKIWom8jxqPRpBVlG-a4JuKoEKg5qIAo--mV6cIp-Wn-Kg1rrOu_7JwtfK3PriTvOq9J75PwGbGisekzRbQH9Iq1abYJNi92t3e5d9P37Djauvk6-7s6O_r8kX56PrS_gr-j_6z?accountName=Petingaa&characterName=ScyllaonSteroids
"
Petingaa wrote:

Hello Enki, first of all i would like to thank you so much for introducing me to Path of Exile, such an amazing game, and what a way to start!

This is my current build, if possible I would like to know your thoughts on it. It's my first time putting a build together, with the help(big help) of my friend.

My current Passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAALjBAcEswVCB6UI9A3iEFEQWBSpFm8YPBhWGjgachzcHRQfAh8YJy8ngyj6Kk0snCziL9YycTLRM2w1kjbFPydBh0VHRZ1G_kiOSbJKn0rITLNNFE3jUWBR-1NSVIJVxlYtVkhXyFnzW9VcFF7AXypkcmZUZp5mumdxaVBqAWobakNqu20ZbqpyD3YRghCCx4PbhTKIWom8jxqPRpBVlG-a4JuKoEKg5qIAo--mV6cIp-Wn-Kg1rrOu_7JwtfK3PriTvOq9J75PwGbGisekzRbQH9Iq1abYJNi92t3e5d9P37Djauvk6-7s6O_r8kX56PrS_gr-j_6z?accountName=Petingaa&characterName=ScyllaonSteroids

Ummm there's not a ton to say about your gear because it's already pretty amazing, and I can't look at your tree from my phone. That's some friend you've got there.

Not sure what your budget is, but if possible, you want more mana and high increased % spell or lightning damage on your wand. At least annul the attack mod on it and try slamming a caster mod, maybe you'll get lucky (or maybe someone else has a better idea).

I'd opt for Cloak of Defiance over your rare body armor, it's insane for your mana pool and the survivability it gives is worth more than the increased effect of offerings and +85 life on your current armor. And it's a very easy switch.

Shield is already insane but could be improved with a series of remove/add lightning affix horticrafts until you hit t1 increased lightning damage.

Your amulet has two useless mods and is stupid good anyway. I would annul crit and slam t1 fire resistance if you decide to drop your chest for Cloak. Then annul attack or lightning and I guess slam it with a Crusader's Ex to try for lightning penetration (or find something else to do with the open prefix).

There are definitely better options for a BiS helmet and gloves, though yours are fine. But if you have the currency and want to push further, look back a few pages for Yarbl's gear (and crafting process for helmet).

You can also get more damage out of Arc if you drop the three support gems from your Orb of Storms setup and replace them with a level 5 Awakened Curse on Hit, Elemental Weakness, and Conductivity. Then you can replace your rare ring with something better that has a t1 mana roll and maybe benchcrafted +1 to minimum frenzy charges or something. The current affixes having to do with shock and power charges are not gonna do anything for this build.

These are just suggestions for improving your already formidable gear. Unless there's something wacky with your passive tree, the improvements you can make are largely incremental.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info