Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
"
Thank you for the great newbie build.
This is my 3rd league and 1st to ever do maps. The crafting guide and progression tips really helped me. I killed Sirus yesterday and I am super stoked.

However I am stuck in level 94, as I keep on dying to random things in high level maps (missing elemental reflect mapmod, vaal temple bosses, projectile adds, etc). I can finish all T16 maps. I have awakener level 5. I need help to progress further, farm EXP and level up? Can you suggest any build modifications or other tips?

This is my build:
https://pastebin.com/gPDG14Ld

It looks like you're doing a pretty good job with your build.

Most importantly, drop Arcane Surge in the Flame Dash setup and run Righteous Fire. That's a huge damage boost and will help you see vulnerabilities that need to be plugged.

Generally speaking, you need to get more mana, at least double what your life pool is. Aim for 10k. It's tough without Atziri's Foible and/or Cloak of Defiance (this would also help your survivability), but the rares you're using in place of those are good enough that I think it should still be possible. I would dump the medium cluster jewel and use the skill points to take the Battle Rouse wheel, which is ridiculously good for us. Also, you really want Scintillating Idea on your large and small cluster jewels--it's basically the BiS notable for this build. If I could get a large cluster jewel with 3x Scintillating Idea on it, you'd better believe I would. I'd also hit your jewelry with some fertile catalysts (unless you're planning on upgrading), and for god's sake, hit your ring with some blessed orbs!

Also, how much is your life flask really helping you? At some point I realized that Agnostic was providing so much more life recovery than my flask that I could drop it for one that provides more damage (Atziri's Promise is cheap and great for this). If you're going to keep your life flask, at least use the exact one in Enki's guide; eternal life flask > divine life flask.

Feel free to look at my PoB and steal any ideas you want: https://pastebin.com/hzqCSSHy

Thanks for sharing your build! I'm tweaking my own build as well.
However it looks like you only have 3700 life - does that feel like enough?
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I can't search just this thread and i don't want to read through 1600 pages.

In PoB, you've got 15 stacks of shock, but both Arc and Orb of storms has Elemental Focus meaning they don't shock, so where are these stacks of shock coming from? The tempest Shield proc, in which this isn't really a reliable way to proc the shock right?
"
wolfish426 wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I can't search just this thread and i don't want to read through 1600 pages.

In PoB, you've got 15 stacks of shock, but both Arc and Orb of storms has Elemental Focus meaning they don't shock, so where are these stacks of shock coming from? The tempest Shield proc, in which this isn't really a reliable way to proc the shock right?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Corpse_Pact
"
phosTR wrote:
How tanky can this build become? I'm tired of dying with my stupid ranger and so far this build looks like it's another glass canon.

my outdated PoB puts me at 6k ehp for burst, and 60k ehp for DoT damage.

that's before i got another 7% max life and about 20-30 max life on my gear.

things that come close to killing me (means at 1 point in time my hp drops below 50%):
- Sirus DIE beam (with corrupted blood immunity, and rumi's concoction)
- Jun encounters on T14-T16 maps with 2-3 dmg mods (mobbed by 3 dudes)
- porcupines if i'm an idiot and forget to use Soul of the Brine King pantheon for block/stun recovery/immunity
- standing between 2 packs of harbinger spawns with delirium in T14 map with 2 dmg mods

things that have killed me:
- Blue seeds T4 boss in T16 vaal temple map with -max resist (one-shotted)
- Sirus DIE beam (without corrupted blood immunity and without rumi's concoction) (slow reflexes, could have popped flask and dashed)
- map boss of racecourse (there seems to be some cast-on-death shit with it. i realise i die once everytime at this boss) (one-shotted) edit: it's fucking reflect.
- T16 Reef map boss with his super telegraphed melee swing. yeah that was a stupid death (one-shotted)

things that don't hurt me or bother me in the least:
everything else

what you're probably not seeing is the ehp from Agnostic and MoM with cloak of defiance.

cloak of defiance give you 40% of damage taken from mana before life, and agnostic regens your hp at 20%hp/second, as long as your mana regen is able to sustain.

right now, standing still i have 4.5k mana regen/sec, my raw hp pool is 3.7k, my raw mana pool is 10k (after clarity mana reservation).
Last edited by CliffAhead on Aug 17, 2020, 8:23:53 PM
"
timbosaurus wrote:
"
"
Thank you for the great newbie build.
This is my 3rd league and 1st to ever do maps. The crafting guide and progression tips really helped me. I killed Sirus yesterday and I am super stoked.

However I am stuck in level 94, as I keep on dying to random things in high level maps (missing elemental reflect mapmod, vaal temple bosses, projectile adds, etc). I can finish all T16 maps. I have awakener level 5. I need help to progress further, farm EXP and level up? Can you suggest any build modifications or other tips?

This is my build:
https://pastebin.com/gPDG14Ld

It looks like you're doing a pretty good job with your build.

Most importantly, drop Arcane Surge in the Flame Dash setup and run Righteous Fire. That's a huge damage boost and will help you see vulnerabilities that need to be plugged.

Generally speaking, you need to get more mana, at least double what your life pool is. Aim for 10k. It's tough without Atziri's Foible and/or Cloak of Defiance (this would also help your survivability), but the rares you're using in place of those are good enough that I think it should still be possible. I would dump the medium cluster jewel and use the skill points to take the Battle Rouse wheel, which is ridiculously good for us. Also, you really want Scintillating Idea on your large and small cluster jewels--it's basically the BiS notable for this build. If I could get a large cluster jewel with 3x Scintillating Idea on it, you'd better believe I would. I'd also hit your jewelry with some fertile catalysts (unless you're planning on upgrading), and for god's sake, hit your ring with some blessed orbs!

Also, how much is your life flask really helping you? At some point I realized that Agnostic was providing so much more life recovery than my flask that I could drop it for one that provides more damage (Atziri's Promise is cheap and great for this). If you're going to keep your life flask, at least use the exact one in Enki's guide; eternal life flask > divine life flask.

Feel free to look at my PoB and steal any ideas you want: https://pastebin.com/hzqCSSHy

Thanks for sharing your build! I'm tweaking my own build as well.
However it looks like you only have 3700 life - does that feel like enough?

Honestly, yes. I actually only have like 3545 life. Should be able to get it to 3600 once I can land a t1 life roll on my shield. Between these gear pieces and my choices on the passive tree, my ability to scrape together a bigger life pool has been pretty constricted:

Now, if you had told me at the beginning of the league that I'd be comfortable with such a small life pool, I would have laughed in your face. But it's honestly quite doable. How?

1. The Agnostic. The higher your mana is, the closer you are to being unkillable. I may have only 3500 life, but I have 10k mana, which means 2k life/second worth of recovery. That's so much better than any life flask could conceivably be that I ended up dropping mine altogether to eliminate redundancy. When it comes to most damage over time in the game, the size of your life pool is irrelevant with that kind of recovery keeping it topped off. When it comes to hits, there's enough block chance between Rumi's Concoction and Bone Offering that any hit short of a one-shot you can shrug off almost immediately.
2. Cloak of Defiance. The extra 10% of damage taken going to mana is effectively a disproportionate increase to the size of your total life pool, something in the neighborhood of 23%. This together with Agnostic leverages our ridiculous mana recovery to support our otherwise unremarkable life recovery. I truly was on the verge of swapping my increased mana recovery Watcher's Eye with one that redirected another 10% of damage taken to mana, because that would have been an even more significant survivability increase against being one-shotted, but I ended up using Fevered Mind for more damage instead. (Getting both on the same Watcher's Eye would be insane but I don't have 60+ ex.)
3. Storm Brand over Orb of Storms. Allows you to keep your distance while procking everything that OoS does, and also makes repositioning much simpler.

Obviously there's no way around the reality that a smaller life pool will lower the threshold of damage it takes to one-shot your character, but that's really a possibility for this build no matter what choices you make. I would not have been able to push my damage as high as I have without sacrificing a significant amount of life, but it didn't affect my overall survivability nearly as much as you'd expect. That said, I'm as human as anyone else and I certainly do rip sometimes.

Bonus: a smaller life pool makes Righteous Fire less of a burden on your mana recovery.

As a demonstration, here's a deathless A8 Sirus kill from yesterday:
https://youtu.be/mdziRIVWxNg
@WorderMostFoul

interesting choice for storm brand over OOS, i'll have to give it a try also.
regarding this, i notice you didn't not put a curse-on-hit/conductivity on your storm brand and instead opt for archmage support. does the dps from storm brand+archmage outweight a curse setup?
if i'm using the storm brand purely for applying curse i can get away with a level 1 23%Quality gem instead of going for a 21/23 Storm Brand

also, on your use of sulphur flask, i assume it's purely to snapshot the 40% increased dmg and totally ignoring the consecrated ground? i'm running similar flask setup except that i use a stibnite flask for smoke cloud.
come to think of it.. enemies are already blinded nearby from Disorienting Display... ok i think i should replace stibnite with something else. did you consider a quartz flask for phasing and 10% dodge to attack and spell hits, or does a sulphur flask work better for you?

i see your choice for small cluster jewel for %increased maximum mana with a 2nd scintillating idea, did you consider mindfullness for 80% increased mana regen while stationary?

"
CliffAhead wrote:
@WorderMostFoul

regarding this, i notice you didn't not put a curse-on-hit/conductivity on your storm brand and instead opt for archmage support. does the dps from storm brand+archmage outweight a curse setup?
if i'm using the storm brand purely for applying curse i can get away with a level 1 23%Quality gem instead of going for a 21/23 Storm Brand

also, on your use of sulphur flask, i assume it's purely to snapshot the 40% increased dmg and totally ignoring the consecrated ground? i'm running similar flask setup except that i use a stibnite flask for smoke cloud.
come to think of it.. enemies are already blinded nearby from Disorienting Display... ok i think i should replace stibnite with something else. did you consider a quartz flask for phasing and 10% dodge to attack and spell hits, or does a sulphur flask work better for you?

i see your choice for small cluster jewel for %increased maximum mana with a 2nd scintillating idea, did you consider mindfullness for 80% increased mana regen while stationary?

I did sort of half-ass these two things, so you are totally right to question them. Honestly, I was expecting to make a pair of gloves with Culling Strike on them at some point, at which point I was going to do exactly what you suggested with Conductivity/Curse on Hit. Archmage is essentially a placeholder. Until then, Culling Strike is more important and Conductivity can replace Blood Rage in my cwdt setup when bossing.

The Sulphur flask is supposed to be a Bottled Faith, if I ever get around to being able to afford one (though I would like someone to make a Cortex video to showcase the build). A quartz flask would be my defensive recommendation, and it's even more effective if already have some dodge chance on your gear or tree.

I haven't tried Mindfulness, but it for sure looks like a really good option if you need more mana sustain. I'd definitely recommend it if you're not running both Cloak of Defiance and Atziri's Foible unless you can find other ways to shore up mana regen. I myself am pretty comfortable with the extra damage from Scintillating Idea, but I'd totally try out Mindfulness if I had the chance, especially because I'm investing in Fevered Mind.

"
"
CliffAhead wrote:
@WorderMostFoul

I did sort of half-ass these two things, so you are totally right to question them. Honestly, I was expecting to make a pair of gloves with Culling Strike on them at some point, at which point I was going to do exactly what you suggested with Conductivity/Curse on Hit. Archmage is essentially a placeholder. Until then, Culling Strike is more important and Conductivity can replace Blood Rage in my cwdt setup when bossing.

The Sulphur flask is supposed to be a Bottled Faith, if I ever get around to being able to afford one (though I would like someone to make a Cortex video to showcase the build). A quartz flask would be my defensive recommendation, and it's even more effective if already have some dodge chance on your gear or tree.

I haven't tried Mindfulness, but it for sure looks like a really good option if you need more mana sustain. I'd definitely recommend it if you're not running both Cloak of Defiance and Atziri's Foible unless you can find other ways to shore up mana regen. I myself am pretty comfortable with the extra damage from Scintillating Idea, but I'd totally try out Mindfulness if I had the chance, especially because I'm investing in Fevered Mind.

i see. i was using blood rage before i crafted my shield with +2min frenzy charge as well. i'll try out storm brand-curse on hit- conductivity-culling strike and see how it works

bottled faith is a 4% dps upgrade for me omg. time to sell more harvestcrafts, and perhaps replace the stibnite flask.. but i'll run into the problem of choosing between curse immunity or poison immunity. (currently running curse immunity on my stibnite, and poison immunity on my mana flask). perhaps i'll reroll quicksilver flask to 1 of those immunity at the cost of some missing movement speed.

i see that you do not run a poison immunity flask. i'm assuming i'm too cautious in this aspect, due to my negative chaos resist. what's your chaos resist and are you that confident in your mana/hp regen per second?

i got a good steal on the mindfullness + scintillatin idea magalomaniac cluster jewel off some dude that's quitting the league

about your fevered mind, how big of a dps boost is that, and the tradeoff for a well-roll jewel with %max life + mana + spell dmg, it was worth it? i've never thought of fevered mind, but now that you've got me thinking... it might be tough for me as i actually do not have that many nodes picked up around that part of the tree. i'll have to PoB it and see how it is.
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
"
CliffAhead wrote:
@WorderMostFoul

i see. i was using blood rage before i crafted my shield with +2min frenzy charge as well. i'll try out storm brand-curse on hit- conductivity-culling strike and see how it works

bottled faith is a 4% dps upgrade for me omg. time to sell more harvestcrafts, and perhaps replace the stibnite flask.. but i'll run into the problem of choosing between curse immunity or poison immunity. (currently running curse immunity on my stibnite, and poison immunity on my mana flask). perhaps i'll reroll quicksilver flask to 1 of those immunity at the cost of some missing movement speed.

i see that you do not run a poison immunity flask. i'm assuming i'm too cautious in this aspect, due to my negative chaos resist. what's your chaos resist and are you that confident in your mana/hp regen per second?

i got a good steal on the mindfullness + scintillatin idea magalomaniac cluster jewel off some dude that's quitting the league

about your fevered mind, how big of a dps boost is that, and the tradeoff for a well-roll jewel with %max life + mana + spell dmg, it was worth it? i've never thought of fevered mind, but now that you've got me thinking... it might be tough for me as i actually do not have that many nodes picked up around that part of the tree. i'll have to PoB it and see how it is.

Yeah, that +2 frenzy charges affix on your shield is so good! Definitely no reason to run Blood Rage with that.

Chaos resist is -45%, but yes, I'm that confident in my mana sustain. I never really worry about poison or even chaos damage at large except vs Al-Hezmin and in Hall of Grandmasters. Curse immunity, on the other hand, is an absolute must!

Each notable you can allocate within range of Fevered Mind is about 6% more damage, and you can get up to 4 of them in that particular socket, so it's quite a bit of extra damage. It comes at the cost of Devotion and skill points elsewhere in the tree, but it's definitely a solid DPS boost. You will notice the increased mana cost if you sit and spam Arc, but I rarely have issues with it because the damage output is already pretty high. Definitely experiment in PoB.

Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Aug 18, 2020, 3:37:09 AM
This is my first league after around a 2 year break from poe. I've played arc builds before, usually as league starters. This version is way better than the days of double void batteries and any old 6l rare chest glass cannon builds.

Having played this build almost exclusively this league I have 2 thoughts. First of all righteous fire is an absolute must- to the point I believe rise of the Phoenix shield is bis until you have the mana pool and regeneration to sustain without it.
RF makes general mapping and boss fights both so much smoother, its like playing a completely different build.

Second, we can take glancing blows if we socket thread of hope into the far left jewel node on the tree. This block caps us fairly easily for both spells and attacks and is a huge buff to survivability. If you can get both recover % life and % mana mods on a shield, which is fairly easy with seeds, its an even bigger boost.

Also, Vaal summon skeletons.
Last edited by potato321 on Aug 18, 2020, 11:11:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info