Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hi, this might just be another noob question, however - I've been going through Szmicic's (top poe ninja DPS build as I'm sure you all know), and trying to wrap my head around how the amulet he's using is even possible to exist?
He's got more life, mana, mana regen etc. than T1 mods allow on this base (unless I'm not checking the base right on Craft of Exile), not to mention % increased max mana mod is not even listed as an option for it.
I'm a total noob in terms of crafting (I mean I only started playing the game like a month ago and this build is my first and only) so maybe there's an obvious answer to that question - can someone please englighten me on the matter?
Thanks in advance. ;)

Last edited by Swimmingwithdolphins on Aug 2, 2020, 7:16:13 PM
"
IMNoob1 wrote:
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
IMNoob1 wrote:

all depends, whats your playstyle?
you prefer running around spreading arc all over and hope not get ganked?

I mean you can always play casual and go by with what you have, this build is capable of clearing the game, you will die due to latency and ganks that something i gave up on back in the day, i just couldn't get the game not to lag... sometimes my flame dash just bumps me backwards and it drives me nuts and thats the only reason i die.

about other anointments, yes the Mind Drinker is almost a must here, Undertaker will let you move more freely though.
problem is there are no other anointments for mana on kill or damage leeched as mana,

you do have thriller seekr:
+10 Mana gained on Kill
15% increased maximum Mana
0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Mana

Essence Sap:
50% increased total Recovery per second from Mana Leech
0.6% of Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
25% increased Maximum total Recovery per second from Mana Leech
+2 Mana gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks

Spirit Void:
60% increased total Recovery per second from Mana Leech
0.8% of Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
25% increased Maximum total Recovery per second from Mana Leech

Comparing all 3 to Mind Drinker:
0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
18% increased maximum Mana
Recover 2% of Mana on Kill

They are not worth it, due to the 18% increase maximum mana which gives you tons of extra DPS.

this build is relying on huge mana pool for extreme damage, thous having lower mana pool making your damage lower.

I'd say try getting a new wand, like opal wand and craft the mods you have, minion damage can go up to 80.

if you can later on find a base ilvl 85 opal wand you might want to Synth it, I think with synth we can get lots of potential damage that some influences cant give us, I know that "Damage Penetrates #% Elemental Resistance" looks amazing, but snyth has lots of potential too, such as:

"Mana gain on kill (+recover of maximum mana on kill)" for sustain
"1% increased Spell Damage per 16 Intelligence"
"(5–10)% chance to gain a Power Charge on Kill"
"(27–30)% increased Lightning Damage
Gain (4–6)% of Lightning Damage as Extra Chaos Damage"

The Magical Implicit: "(23–26)% increased Elemental Damage
Damage Penetrates (3–5)% Elemental Resistances"

Meaning we can get both the penetrate & an increased elemental damage.

and so on, but these mods are pretty rare and not so common so I'd suggest first go for the new and improved wand, the rest of your gear seems pretty good, do you get max res?

omg thank you for your detailed input.

i've swapped to mind drinker now. the fact that i can spam arc for 3-4secs is too good to pass up, and the fast refilling of mana effectively means i have a higher ehp over a short period of time.

great advice on the wand, but i'm really new to crafting, so i'll have to tread slowly through those murky waters.

i'm pretty sure i overspent on that belt (5ex) but oh well, live and learn, right?

as for max res.. i'm not sure if i understand but my max res is 75%. i have a 6-linked loreweave that i was using prior to cloak of defiance which gives me 78% max res

I'm using pantheon Soul Of The Brine King with all the bosses captured, the stun threshold is much better now, less ganky.

and just like that you've solved yet another of my issues. thank you!
"
Hi, this might just be another noob question, however - I've been going through Szmicic's (top poe ninja DPS build as I'm sure you all know), and trying to wrap my head around how the amulet he's using is even possible to exist?
He's got more life, mana, mana regen etc. than T1 mods allow on this base (unless I'm not checking the base right on Craft of Exile), not to mention % increased max mana mod is not even listed as an option for it.
I'm a total noob in terms of crafting (I mean I only started playing the game like a month ago and this build is my first and only) so maybe there's an obvious answer to that question - can someone please englighten me on the matter?
Thanks in advance. ;)

The mana mod is from incursion, a hybrid mana + mana % mod. The values are higher thanks to him using fertile catalysts, which increases the values of life and mana mods by up to +20%. It doesn't show on POB if it's imported from the game.
"
darkeuzzhue wrote:
"
Thanks in advance. ;)

The mana mod is from incursion, a hybrid mana + mana % mod. The values are higher thanks to him using fertile catalysts, which increases the values of life and mana mods by up to +20%. It doesn't show on POB if it's imported from the game.

Hah! Now it makes sense. Thanks a lot for claryfing. :)
I guess I have to wrap my head around crafting beautiful things like that one day.
I keep running out of mana during fights. How i can get shield with %mana recover on block on SSF league?
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
UtherSRG wrote:
"
MasterWilhelm wrote:
Quick question: where are we getting shock from? In the PoB link, it has "is enemy shocked?" checked, but we're running ele focus on both lightning skills. Is that just an oversight/accident, or is there a mechanic I'm missing?

For end game, you should modify your Orb setup to be Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Conductivity - Increased Critical Strikes. This setup is where you get the Shock from, and is the only part of the build that needs Crit, so as to maintain Elemental Overload. (Ie. no crit mods needed on gear.)

increased critical strike, or culling strike for last link? which is better?

Crit, then put Culling Strike on your gloves as a mod. Alternatively, if you can get the ability to place two curses on an enemy, then put Elemental Weakness in this setup.
"
cvsykt wrote:
I keep running out of mana during fights. How i can get shield with %mana recover on block on SSF league?

Well in ssf, you'd want to get to the shaper first, and after you do hope for rng to give you any INT shield with his influence on it.
once you do, you can either spam chaos on it, alt it or w/e you want.
Or! we harvest league going on you can get some LIFE seeds and spam the hell out of it, recover #% of your maximum mana when you block - is a suffix.

Does anyone uses Cluster Jewels in this build yet? which skills did you pass while equipping Clusters?
Do you give up on Diving Judgement Cluster? and if so which only gives back 4 points what else do you give up on?

I mean I'm currently lacking the Divine Judgment cluster and Profane Chemistry - Which are 7 Points, I'm on lvl 92 meaning I have only 2 more points to spare once i hit 100 :X
"
CliffAhead wrote:

and just like that you've solved yet another of my issues. thank you!

you are more than welcome, you could see it in the guide, I didn't read this guide for a long long time ^^ but it was always a problem with a Caster build, you standing still is a bit tricky to handle and might get you ganked fast.
Last edited by IMNoob1 on Aug 3, 2020, 4:26:09 PM
"
IMNoob1 wrote:
"
cvsykt wrote:

Well in ssf, you'd want to get to the shaper first, and after you do hope for rng to give you any INT shield with his influence on it.
Or! we harvest league going on you can get some LIFE seeds and spam the hell out of it, recover #% of your maximum mana when you block - is a suffix.

You also have this mod available on Redeemer shields, if that's easier for you to get.

"
IMNoob1 wrote:
"
cvsykt wrote:

Does anyone uses Cluster Jewels in this build yet? which skills did you pass while equipping Clusters?
Do you give up on Diving Judgement Cluster? and if so which only gives back 4 points what else do you give up on?

I mean I'm currently lacking the Divine Judgment cluster and Profane Chemistry - Which are 7 Points, I'm on lvl 92 meaning I have only 2 more points to spare once i hit 100 :X

i'm using 1 large cluster [Superchare], [Disorienting Display], and [Scintilling Idea], 1 kitava's teachings, and 1 megalomaniac for [Distilled Inspiration] and [Doriyani's Lesson]. the megalomaniac is a compromise as i didn't have the currency to get a medium flask duration cluster AND a small life cluster

you can check out my tree to see what nodes i've missed (ign Harvest_Cliff_Arc)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info