Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Rorytan wrote:
"
UtherSRG wrote:

Oh, and add Elemental Weakness to the list. :)

So, I think I want more DPS, so that knocks Enfeeble out. Also Storm Brand since it really doesn't do much for us. Since this is going into my CWDT setup, I have to remember to limit the level of the gems. Here's the list, the level the gem will be at (and quality), and the DPS increase I get there.

* Conductivity (5/0) +9.0% DPS
* Elemental Weakness (5/20) +8.1% DPS
* Summon Lightning Golem (3/0) +3.0% DPS

Aww... I was hoping to have a buddy. Looks like Conductivity is the winner. Unless there's some other gem I overlooked.

Either I am missing something but are you trying to put condu, into CWDT setup without Curse on Hit. Unless im turbo retarded it won't proc right?

I do run condu aswell since the damage increase is just too good to pass up but I have it linked with Curse on Hit in Orb of Storms.

Why do you think it won't proc? Conductivity and several other curses are specifically called out as being a viable strategy via CwDT.

Edit: I just stood around and let things hit me. Coductivity does indeed proc.
Last edited by UtherSRG on Jul 12, 2020, 6:54:31 PM
"
UtherSRG wrote:
"
Rorytan wrote:
"
UtherSRG wrote:

Oh, and add Elemental Weakness to the list. :)

So, I think I want more DPS, so that knocks Enfeeble out. Also Storm Brand since it really doesn't do much for us. Since this is going into my CWDT setup, I have to remember to limit the level of the gems. Here's the list, the level the gem will be at (and quality), and the DPS increase I get there.

* Conductivity (5/0) +9.0% DPS
* Elemental Weakness (5/20) +8.1% DPS
* Summon Lightning Golem (3/0) +3.0% DPS

Aww... I was hoping to have a buddy. Looks like Conductivity is the winner. Unless there's some other gem I overlooked.

Either I am missing something but are you trying to put condu, into CWDT setup without Curse on Hit. Unless im turbo retarded it won't proc right?

I do run condu aswell since the damage increase is just too good to pass up but I have it linked with Curse on Hit in Orb of Storms.

Why do you think it won't proc? Conductivity and several other curses are specifically called out as being a viable strategy via CwDT.

Edit: I just stood around and let things hit me. Coductivity does indeed proc.

Okay then I was tripping, but even then, I personally am not a fan of relying to get hit to apply a curse. For example I don't usually take damage in Sirus or Shaper and thats where you need the damage increase the most. But I guess if you want to keep Orb as a DPS tool you gotta have to do it.

Or get it on a ring/wand etc.(thats what im gonna do since I want to run double curse with awak. curse on hit)
I really like this build, my clearspeed is decent at t10, but my arc mana cost is 1001, at 4.800 mana I run out pretty quickly, do you recommend getting %mana on kill? Am I doing something wrong?
"
dmowl wrote:
I really like this build, my clearspeed is decent at t10, but my arc mana cost is 1001, at 4.800 mana I run out pretty quickly, do you recommend getting %mana on kill? Am I doing something wrong?

%mana on kill certainly helps. If you have The Agnostic allocated, I'd refund that until you have a good strong mana regen rate. My Arc mana cost is 914, and I have 4800 mana as well. My mana regen is just under 600. Big battles where I get surrounded and hit a lot proc The Agnostic enough to make life a little difficult. For single target combat, I swap out Conductivity with Clarity and that bumps my mana regen up to 722.
I'm currently working my way up to level 95 to hit the POE Ninja ladder (I could have swore it was 94....), But I think I have a pretty decent setup going so far.

Here are the relevant stats for this build (according to POB):

With Healthy Mind Set-Up:
Arc sDPS: 2.19 million
Mana (total): 9253
Mana (unreserved): 8863
Mana Regen: 1988.7
Life: 4867
Arc Cost: 2197

Without Healthy Mind:

Arc sDPS: 1.90 million
Mana (total): 7982
Mana (unreserved): 7592
Mana Regen: 1761.9
Life: 5612
Arc Cost: 1882

Gear:

I also swap out Healthy Mind for this jewel when fighting hard-hitting bosses (Sirus, Uber Atziri, Drox, etc.):

And for Atziri/Uber-Atziri I replace left ring slot with this:

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/DucY1w0a

Reasons behind some of the gear:

1. Body Armour: Honestly it is just better than anything else I have found. I was using a different 6L before, and this gave a 300K increase in sDPS as well as a pretty good bump in life and mana. Having the Abyssal belt and jewel is important if you want to go this route. I check "+#% increase to offerings" chests from trade occasionally, but typically anything in my budget does not give enough overall increase to both damage and survivability to warrant the cost.

2. Flask: Kiara's Determination provides freeze immunity. I sometimes regret not having a 6+ second duration curse immunity to make temp chains maps more bearable, but the only times I am every really worried are when I get frozen, so the increase in survivability outweighs the quality of life 3 more seconds of no temp chains offers.

Next upgrades will be (maybe not in this order):
* Belt - Need to re-roll cold res and then I plan to Crusader influence and force "#% Increased Lightning Damage"

* Shield - I am torn between getting a shield with "#% of your maximum mana gained when you block" or just sticking with what I have. There are very few options on Trade to improve this shield that also have the mana on block mod, and crafting one is too difficult for me ATM.

* Watcher's Eye - Eventually I want one that has a double effect for me. Two Clarity mods, or a Clarity and Wrath mod. I would also consider Clarity and Zealotry or maybe even wrath and Zealotry. I think my mana regen can afford to lose clarity at this point.

* Wand - Maybe. I had a pretty much perfect wand for crafting that I ruined. The only significant upgrades right now are 20EX+ but if I found the right base again, one could be crafted for like 3-5EX

Tips for those people currently levelling:

1. Stack Mana. Mana acts as both offense and defense for us. Yes, life is important too, but unless you are hardcore, or over level 90ish, being slightly more of a glass cannon is ok at first. You can improve gear later.

2. If you don't have them yet, I recommend getting items in this order:
First: Weapon with "Trigger a socketed Spell when you use a skill" Not only is it a HUGE quality of life increase, but it means you always have corpses around which buffs damage and defense.
Second: Crown of the Inward Eye. Not needing the Kitava helmet opens up this and this is a massive DPS boost.
Third: Healthy Mind Jewel - Insane DPS boost. It will reduce your total life, so I would recommend having at least 4500 life and 5.5-6K mana before you do this. That way you gain enough mana to help offset the life loss.
Fourth: Kitava's Teachings - this is another straight boost to our build.

3. I see a lot of people saying to drop The Agnostic. I would think hard about this; or at the very least, be prepared to allocate it again once you have more mana/mana regen. This passive helps me not die a TON. it helps against pretty much all DOT effects (and makes me almost immune to Darkness stacks in the mines) by keeping me alive long enough to get away or see the DOT and use flasks to negate it (like with bleeding).

4. In the same manner, some of the posts I have read seem to indicate trying to keep your Arc cost down. This should not be a goal. You want your Arc to cost as much as possible in order to have more DPS from Archmage Support. If you find that you don't have enough mana, then find ways to increase your mana or mana regen rate (preferably both).

5. Don't. Stop. Moving. - We have no armour, no ES, and no evasion (or at least the values of each are small enough to not matter). We do have pretty good block chance, and block works wonders, but block does not work against DOTs. There are three things that kill you with this build:
A) Reflect - Insta Death on reflect maps (but this can be avoided by rolling sextants on Watchstones)
B) DOTs - Poison, Bleed, Ignite, etc - Block does not help at all but moving out of the DOT area does (usually).
C) Massive crits that don't get blocked and one shot you - Block is great until it isn't. Then you die.
But except for reflect, constant movement significantly mitigates these issues. If you are always moving, then bosses won't hit as often, and staying out of DOT areas means reduced DOT time.

Hopefully, some of this info helps people along. Feel free to ask questions. I might not have the BEST build, but considering my normal league accomplishments, I have done pretty well with this one.

Thanks to Enki for the original build guide, and PricelessWombat for some additional tips.

Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
Nice gear! I'm also working on how to upgrade my gear. I'm a bit overcapped on lightning res, so could do something with that, maybe swap the belt out to get some damage on it or whatever. And then I could also get something like chaos res on my chest. The gloves def mod should be rerolled for more mana/life as well!
I also got the recommended Medium Cluster Jewel today, seems good this far.
Only done Sirus 0 for the first time ever, was close dying once but went good. Dno which level to try next though.. Don't feel like dying, hehe.
Spoiler
Hi,

Is the blindness effect of the Scintillant Idea skill really relevant during mapping (and bosses)?
I currently use only one large unloaded cluster.
According to the PoB a Cluster with Scintilant Idea + Discharge will slightly decrease my damage.

As for my equipment, can anyone advise me on what I can improve?

Spoiler
"
paulorik1 wrote:
Hi,

Is the blindness effect of the Scintillant Idea skill really relevant during mapping (and bosses)?
I currently use only one large unloaded cluster.
According to the PoB a Cluster with Scintilant Idea + Discharge will slightly decrease my damage.

As for my equipment, can anyone advise me on what I can improve?

Spoiler

Well one super easy thing you can do is remove Def add lightning for either more dmg oe max res, or mby caster.
HEEEEELP!!!!

Hello, this my first time here, and the first time i reach tier 10 maps, my setup was amazing until this point, now, im too weak, i cant defeat the metamorph bosses, i was fighting with one of the guardians, i think, (the ones that when you defeat them, gives you a Watchstone) and i died 5 times, i dont know what im doing wrong at this point, i dont know if anyone can see my gear setup and giveme some advice, PLEASE!!!!!!

"
GingerBeast wrote:
I'm currently working my way up to level 95 to hit the POE Ninja ladder (I could have swore it was 94....), But I think I have a pretty decent setup going so far.

Here are the relevant stats for this build (according to POB):

With Healthy Mind Set-Up:
Arc sDPS: 2.19 million
Mana (total): 9253
Mana (unreserved): 8863
Mana Regen: 1988.7
Life: 4867
Arc Cost: 2197

Without Healthy Mind:

Arc sDPS: 1.90 million
Mana (total): 7982
Mana (unreserved): 7592
Mana Regen: 1761.9
Life: 5612
Arc Cost: 1882

Gear:

I also swap out Healthy Mind for this jewel when fighting hard-hitting bosses (Sirus, Uber Atziri, Drox, etc.):

And for Atziri/Uber-Atziri I replace left ring slot with this:

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/DucY1w0a

Reasons behind some of the gear:

1. Body Armour: Honestly it is just better than anything else I have found. I was using a different 6L before, and this gave a 300K increase in sDPS as well as a pretty good bump in life and mana. Having the Abyssal belt and jewel is important if you want to go this route. I check "+#% increase to offerings" chests from trade occasionally, but typically anything in my budget does not give enough overall increase to both damage and survivability to warrant the cost.

2. Flask: Kiara's Determination provides freeze immunity. I sometimes regret not having a 6+ second duration curse immunity to make temp chains maps more bearable, but the only times I am every really worried are when I get frozen, so the increase in survivability outweighs the quality of life 3 more seconds of no temp chains offers.

Next upgrades will be (maybe not in this order):
* Belt - Need to re-roll cold res and then I plan to Crusader influence and force "#% Increased Lightning Damage"

* Shield - I am torn between getting a shield with "#% of your maximum mana gained when you block" or just sticking with what I have. There are very few options on Trade to improve this shield that also have the mana on block mod, and crafting one is too difficult for me ATM.

* Watcher's Eye - Eventually I want one that has a double effect for me. Two Clarity mods, or a Clarity and Wrath mod. I would also consider Clarity and Zealotry or maybe even wrath and Zealotry. I think my mana regen can afford to lose clarity at this point.

* Wand - Maybe. I had a pretty much perfect wand for crafting that I ruined. The only significant upgrades right now are 20EX+ but if I found the right base again, one could be crafted for like 3-5EX

Tips for those people currently levelling:

1. Stack Mana. Mana acts as both offense and defense for us. Yes, life is important too, but unless you are hardcore, or over level 90ish, being slightly more of a glass cannon is ok at first. You can improve gear later.

2. If you don't have them yet, I recommend getting items in this order:
First: Weapon with "Trigger a socketed Spell when you use a skill" Not only is it a HUGE quality of life increase, but it means you always have corpses around which buffs damage and defense.
Second: Crown of the Inward Eye. Not needing the Kitava helmet opens up this and this is a massive DPS boost.
Third: Healthy Mind Jewel - Insane DPS boost. It will reduce your total life, so I would recommend having at least 4500 life and 5.5-6K mana before you do this. That way you gain enough mana to help offset the life loss.
Fourth: Kitava's Teachings - this is another straight boost to our build.

3. I see a lot of people saying to drop The Agnostic. I would think hard about this; or at the very least, be prepared to allocate it again once you have more mana/mana regen. This passive helps me not die a TON. it helps against pretty much all DOT effects (and makes me almost immune to Darkness stacks in the mines) by keeping me alive long enough to get away or see the DOT and use flasks to negate it (like with bleeding).

4. In the same manner, some of the posts I have read seem to indicate trying to keep your Arc cost down. This should not be a goal. You want your Arc to cost as much as possible in order to have more DPS from Archmage Support. If you find that you don't have enough mana, then find ways to increase your mana or mana regen rate (preferably both).

5. Don't. Stop. Moving. - We have no armour, no ES, and no evasion (or at least the values of each are small enough to not matter). We do have pretty good block chance, and block works wonders, but block does not work against DOTs. There are three things that kill you with this build:
A) Reflect - Insta Death on reflect maps (but this can be avoided by rolling sextants on Watchstones)
B) DOTs - Poison, Bleed, Ignite, etc - Block does not help at all but moving out of the DOT area does (usually).
C) Massive crits that don't get blocked and one shot you - Block is great until it isn't. Then you die.
But except for reflect, constant movement significantly mitigates these issues. If you are always moving, then bosses won't hit as often, and staying out of DOT areas means reduced DOT time.

Hopefully, some of this info helps people along. Feel free to ask questions. I might not have the BEST build, but considering my normal league accomplishments, I have done pretty well with this one.

Thanks to Enki for the original build guide, and PricelessWombat for some additional tips.

Nice post, thanks for making this. I think I'm in much the same place you are and agree with almost everything you said. ESPECIALLY The Agnostic. To all those who have said it's not necessary, I strongly advise against removing it from the build; once you have enough mana sustain to use it, you will wonder how you ever got along without it. I have under 4k HP, but with Agnostic, I hardly ever even see it drop from full life. And I was able to completely drop the life flask from my setup and swap in Atziri's Promise for extra damage.

Other piece of equipment to consider is Omeyocan. The mana drain isn't even noticeable with the amount of regen everything else provides us (especially with the Watcher's Eye), so it's basically free Onslaught all the time plus 20% attack and spell dodge. This allows you to drop yet another flask (silver). I swapped in a sulphur flask for more damage, but you could also do a quartz one for more dodge, or really anything you feel like.

Gonna try out Indigon soon; curious how insane we can get our DPS with it. Main concern is interference with Arcane Cloak.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Jul 13, 2020, 3:09:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info