Some Questions For Beta Members!!

so i had the joy of playing this game on my friends account for a while since he was kind enough to let me come to his house and do so. he is hoping to get a friend invite key to give to me when the 9.3 comes out!

anyway the point of this is i had some questions that he was unsure of since neither of us has played a lot yet

sorry if these questions are noobish and stupid but we are both new!

linked sockets
Do these only affect things like Support Gems?
For support gems like rarity % do they only affect the skills directly linked to them? or all skills? so only monsters killed with the linked skill drop with that rarity bonus?
If you DONT have linked sockets will support gems not work with the skill gem in that item?
Will putting 2 Skill gems of the same type in linked sockets change anything?
Can i use multiple support gems on the same skill if the sockets are linked?
Can i use Red Support gems to support a Green Skill Gem?

thats it for now thanks in advance for you input !

"
da5id1an wrote:
linked sockets
Do these only affect things like Support Gems?

Yes
"
da5id1an wrote:
For support gems like rarity % do they only affect the skills directly linked to them? or all skills? so only monsters killed with the linked skill drop with that rarity bonus?
They only affect the skills they're linked to. Thier descriptions when you look at the item hover spell this out.
"
da5id1an wrote:
If you DONT have linked sockets will support gems not work with the skill gem in that item?
That's correct. A support gem can only affect an active skill if it's in a socked linked to that gem.
"
da5id1an wrote:
Will putting 2 Skill gems of the same type in linked sockets change anything?
No, other than allow both gems to gain experience (gems not socketed into items on your character won't gain XP).
"
da5id1an wrote:
Can i use multiple support gems on the same skill if the sockets are linked?
Yes.
"
da5id1an wrote:
Can i use Red Support gems to support a Green Skill Gem?
Yes, if you have a red socked linked to a green socket.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info