Need help on 6 linking

Hi everyone,

I accept that I am in need of learning how to 6 link in PoE. I have been playing PoE since open beta (2+ years i guess) and could not 6 link any item yet. I save 32 exaltes and bought a 6 link armor, only once in the last two years.

I am reading some build guides in class forums and seeing that some people claims having 6 link rare armors on the third day of the new leagues (torment / beyond).

I know all the chaos recipes, gcp recipes etc... etc... But how is it even possible to 6 link an item on the 3rd day?

Can someone please help me to understand?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by ilenoc on Dec 21, 2014, 8:29:54 PM
There's no trick to 6-linking. You can use Vorici if you are really scared of getting unlucky, but he's more expensive on average than just using fusings. Otherwise, it's just luck. If you've got a decent chest on day 3 and you're trying to 5L it, there's a roughly 1 in 10 chance that you'll 6L it before you hit a 5L. And then yay, you're rich.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
I always just buy my 5 or 6 links, too many times I have pumped more fusings into a lc or mantle than could be used just to buy one outright. I dont bealieve it is ever worth it unless you are on the bleeding edge of progression.
"
ilenoc wrote:
Hi everyone,

I accept that I am in need of learning how to 6 link in PoE. I have been playing PoE since open beta (2+ years i guess) and could not 6 link any item yet. I save 32 exaltes and bought a 6 link armor, only once in the last two years.

I am reading some build guides in class forums and seeing that some people claims having 6 link rare armors on the third day of the new leagues (torment / beyond).

I know all the chaos recipes, gmp recipes etc... etc... But how is it even possible to 6 link an item on the 3rd day?

Can someone please help me to understand?

Thanks in advance.

Lucky fusings or vaaling aromorers strongboxes mostly.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Do you know that quality on equipment helps increase 6L probability?

Just that it does not help a lot.

However luck is just luck.
i Found in the last 1week race 2 stupid six link Labrys :D sold them to vendor ...
There is no trick. It's a 1000 sided dice you roll each fuse. Hit the one side that says 6L and bam you got a 6L. Could take one roll could take 10,000 rolls.
Git R Dun!
There's no trick. Here's what you do:

1) You gamble. Spam fusings, you may get it 3 fusings or you may not get it in 3,000 fusings.
2) You do not gamble. Pay Vorici 1,500 fusings, there's your 6L.

P.S. Popular streamers have no problem getting 6L on 3rd day, they can borrow currency, hold the fusing lottery, link the item, pay the winner and pay back the currency whenever. Also, someone will always get lucky and get 6L in only a few fusings. Someone will always get 6L on 3rd day, just not you or me.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Dec 22, 2014, 11:51:40 AM
Someone had a 6L in the first five minutes of torment league.
Don't feel bad, I have never 6L either. Been playing since OB and have 5L many 6s chests/weapons. Usually a handful per league. I have found a few though, and not just from corrupted boxes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info