WhiteBoy's 0.9.3 Pics

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
The little letters on the skills, do they represent gem links?
No comment, sorry :P
I'll let Chris or someone else more important than me answer that, if they want to explain them.

The letters represent which support gems affect the skill. This change was made because we've changed how support gems work a bit. More information will be in the patch notes posted on Monday NZ time.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Githian wrote:
I hope this doesn't imply that you reduced the number of support gems that can be linked to a single skill gem, because that was one of the things that made the skill system interesting; also, those letters are kinda ugly in my opinion (I suppose they might just be placeholders).
Anyways, I have faith in you guys, keep up the good work!

The letters can change - they're just the best we have ready in time for 0.9.3 and we're definitely looking for more feedback on them once you get a chance to play.

The number of supports that can be linked to a single skill has been lowered to try to encourage what makes the skill system interesting - choice. The motivations behind this are discussed in the dev diary about 0.9.3 changes, but there is one aspect that hasn't been talked about publicly until now. You can still attach up to five supports to a skill though - any more is just a silly uberskill with no identity to set players apart.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
You can still attach up to five supports to a skill though - any more is just a silly uberskill with no identity to set players apart.

Wouldn't it be really expensive due to all the multipliers? So you'd be able to use it maybe four times but then you have no mana.

That's right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info