Torment vs Bloodlines

Was so stoked about playing the new SC league. Only to be disappointed. I feel the Spirits are so far in between. Sometimes I feel like I am playing Standard. Then when I do find a Spirit I attempt to run it through packs but it seems the A.I for them is poorly designed because almost 90% of the time they run into walls. Reminds me of the Vampires in D2 every time I find one they immediately run into a corner hoping I don't see them.

However Bloodlines has been soooo much fun and this is coming from a person who played strictly SC since I started back during Domination. I am always on the edge of my seat while playing BL. There is never a dull moment since I started playing it, and I will continue to play it until my toon rips. Unlike most HC players I do not have the mindset for making a new toon every rip.

So I am curious what are your thoughts on Torment/Bloodlines? Do you think Torment feels like Standard? How often do you encounter spirits?

Thank you for your feedback.
:^)
Last edited by Cephii on Dec 21, 2014, 4:06:39 AM
As someone who has played hardcore since "hardcore" was the only league to play I can say I'm really enjoying bloodlines. Its far better than both Invasion and Beyond. Its one of those leagues where you can tell it will be added into the main game when it is finished. All of the blue packs seem rather well balanced (after the Frozen Sky nerf :P) and fun to play against.
IGN: ScareKrow
Last edited by scarekrow8 on Dec 21, 2014, 4:14:52 AM
Yeah I heard how bad they were. I haven't ran into them at all yet. Them nor the Voidspawn of Abaxoth. Only level 32 though taking it slow since its my first hc char. Trying not to yolo everything :p
:^)
Beyond made me feel like more of a badass. Maybe Bloodlines is better balanced. But due to boring league specifics I don't play in Bloodlines. Not that Torment's uniques are very much better though.
I actually want to see a 2 week Torment-Bloodlines mixed race.

I still miss that Ambush/Invasion race.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
I am also enjoying bloodlines much much more than I did torment
I havent played tormemt. But yeah bloodlines is awesome.
I am playing Torment and to be honest it is underwhelming
The spirits were fun for the first couple and now i cant be arsed to chase them.

My static strike marauder is getting more "micro" desync than all the other leagues i have played.

I have played HC in the past and managed the princley level of 78...
I might try BL now, but i need to search for a capable build that wont keep on with the desync

Overall i am disappointed with this expansion.
Bloodlines > Torment.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Bloodlines is really bad, cant imagine how bad torment must be then. Beyond and invasion were miles better thanks to them being challenging, seeing rips is what hardcore is all about... and hardly anyone ripped in bl except to overtuned ice rain (which was then overnerfed into oblivion),

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info