GGG is making staff members work on Christmas

Nothing wrong with getting staff to work on holidays, as long as they are aware that it is going to be required when they take on the job role. "Surprise! You're working Xmas" two days beforehand would be a fucking dick move though :)

In New Zealand, the legal minimum obligations are that any Statutory holiday (of which there are 11 under NZ Employment Law) can be scheduled as rostered working days - however, those days are worked at a minimum of Time+Half, and also include a Day in Lieu (an alternative holiday that can be taken as leave at another time).

Of course, if the GGG employees are operating as Contractors instead of having GGG employment contracts, then all of this goes out the window.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
It can get better too. We work 12 hour shifts, but our holiday pay is 8 hours. The office staff gets the day off with full pay. I work the day at time and half for 8 hours and 4 hours of regular pay.

EDIT: Its time and half plus the 8 hours holiday pay for 8 hours. Then just regular time.

Its explained to us that 12 hour employees only work half a year (two on two off) and the office personnel get two extra holidays to make up for it.

Do the math. I work 2174 hours a year. The office staff works 2080 hours a year. So they get two extra days off to make up for it.

Spoiler
I can't complain really. I make very good money and the benefits are the best I ever had.
"
Seriously?

?

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Oh.

Man, I am having a really stupid day today. Sorry.

"
In this thread Charan is trolled by Based member

I am both joyous and disappoint

:^)
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
This thread isn't serious, right?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
yeah, I'm sure you'd be totally understanding if GGG took Christmas day off and the servers went down and no one could play the entire day.

Totally.

Get off the moral high horse. You don't have the first clue what goes on in the GGG offices -- for all you know, the employees might be happy to work some hours there over Xmas. Believe it or not, some of them are more than just paycheque drones.

Is this sanctimonious attitude why your wife left you?

exactlywhatiwantedtopost/10
wow the lack of Christmas spirit pains me. looks like Santa will be delivering coal to you grumpy path of exilers!

I think the game can handle one day without the non essential staff :^)
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
In the latest news post, Chris mentions that they'll be running a skeleton crew for a couple of weeks.

He'll still be around though, to scold us as necessary. Be alert and afraid!
"
In the latest news post, Chris mentions that they'll be running a skeleton crew for a couple of weeks.

He'll still be around though, to scold us as necessary. Be alert and afraid!

he will probly troll us again with his spawn Chrillson

"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info