GGG is making staff members work on Christmas

Via a reliable anonymous source, I was told that GGG will be staffed as usual on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. The source also hinted that there would be no extra compensation for working on these days (overtime/holiday pay).

Apparently even on Christmas, shitposting in global, name changes, and lost microtransactions requires full staffing to take care of.

Disappointing revelation.

EDIT:: Moved to Off Topic? GGG is in full damage control mode.
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
Last edited by comm_il_vec on Dec 20, 2014, 6:41:41 PM
Not entirely true. There are certain legal obligations when it comes to working public holidays.

Customer Support never sleeps.
No longer works at GGG
"
MikeP_GGG wrote:
Not entirely true. There are certain legal obligations when it comes to working public holidays.

Customer Support never sleeps.

Are you getting overtime pay?
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
Hmm.. I know lots of people who work on Christmas day. Being a different religion and/or having time off at other points in the year means they are happy to work on the one day of the year when they know that other people will be getting a new computer and loading POE for the first time or new micro transactions they want to test out, and the saintly people at GGG will ensure that all systems are working as expected.

What kind hearted people GGG are. Thank you GGG.
Forum signature
Last edited by DrWood on Dec 20, 2014, 6:45:33 PM
"
DrWood wrote:
Hmm.. I know lots of people who work on Christmas day. Being a different religion and/or having time off at other points in the year means they are happy to work on the one day of the year when they know that other people will be getting a new computer and loading POE for the first time or new micro transactions they want to test out, and the saintly people at GGG will ensure that all systems are working as expected.

What kind hearted people GGG are. Thank you GGG.

no!!!! they should be home with their family!!!
Last edited by comm_il_vec on Dec 20, 2014, 6:46:11 PM
"
comm_il_vec wrote:

no!!!! they should be home with their family!!!

But what happens if they have no family and are orphans? Perhaps their entire family was killed on Christmas day, and they were the only surivor and all they want do do is forget all about Christmas. (And they are not very nice so have no friends). You are going to stop them working then? What about their Human rights? They have a right to work.
Forum signature
Last edited by DrWood on Dec 20, 2014, 6:50:34 PM
:(

I must admit tho, your customer support is such an amazing one. It is probably one of the best Ive experienced. Other big companies like Sony etc, they suck . I hate them.
My_Bloody_Valentine
"
Rangers wrote:
:(

I must admit tho, your customer support is such an amazing one. It is probably one of the best Ive experienced. Other big companies like Sony etc, they suck . I hate them.

Hehe

I hear Sony have other worries at the moment......

:-)
Forum signature
There are certain jobs that come with the knowledge that holidays are just another day. Our business does close for Christmas Eve and Christmas, but that's it. I work six of the eight holidays we get. Nature of the beast.

When I worked for the local daily paper, the only day we didn't deliver was Christmas. That meant we went back to work Christmas night to put out the next days paper.

When in a restaurant. Holidays meant I worked harder for the same money.

We live in a 24/7 world now and because of it, someone is going to have to work.
Pretty much what MoonYu said, then again...

Spoiler
If your tile contains the words "staff" and "member" at some point you just know you are going to get shafted.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info