Lag / desync or intentional gameplay mechanic?

Hello,

I want to ask you guys if situations like:

I open strongbox, right after open, i move back, it spawns monsters (developer of leap frogs should be punished for such disgusting idea), starting killing them, few died at start and then - i got like instantly teleported into center of monsters and get like 1-shoted by them.

The thing is - it's not only with "frog" mobs but most often i just get situations where i am teleported into face of dangerous pack of mobs. It looks like i lag back to point where i was 1-2s before but in mean time, i just kill some of monsters while kiting them.

I am currently playing on torment league, Spell echo Arc build (just heared it doesn't desync like for some other "fancy explosion" builds). To be honest, i would love to play in Bloodlines but with this kind of situations, i could now level a single character to pass mercilies level. Simply i die becouse of this bs lag or don't know how to call this.

I am also thinking, maybe it's some hidden monster ability to teleport your character to his face? But i didn't found strick information about this kind of ability.

Can someone explain me what is going on? Loosing XP by this is not fun, especialy with my low drop rate rng of 70+ maps :/. \

Cheers
Long answer http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669

Short answer - No, it isn't intentional. It is the side effect of their server/client interaction. There are ways to mitigate it via playstyle once you learn what causes it. Quartz flasks are your friend, they let you move through monsters.

Basically what is happening, is you are trying to move away before the monsters spawn and on your screen, you've done so. On the server side though, you got stuck with all the monsters you couldn't move through. You think you are outside of them, but really you are inside the pack getting wailed upon. The server then resyncs you and you appear inside all of them(Which is where you were all along). You then typically, die horribly. This is most often caused by trying to run through packs of monsters and tight spaces, especially running from monster spawns from opening boxes.

If you want to open boxes safety. You should use a smoke mine to teleport out after opening it, use a quartz flask to let you move through monsters, also lightning warp well timed can work as well.

Basically, you can mitigate this problem, once you understand how it works.

Whoops, my short answer turned into a long answer. Oh well.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Dec 20, 2014, 7:08:01 PM
Oh well, thanks a lot bro for explaining this problem. I have full complet of unique flasks but as i mention - when i get ported back into middle of mobs, i barely can do anything, its like 1-2s and i am dead.

I tough jade flask could help me survive this with quartz to move away and heal up but nah. I could not play my glass cannon crit arc on hardcore becouse i simply die if mobs come to me. From other side, if i dont lag, even exiles die faster then they kill my totem, other monster dont even come close before they die. Pros and cons of builds ^^ - clear everything extremly fast and die from single hit or clear slower and dont die at all xD.

I will try to learn how to mitigate this problem and solve it, could use some hint about flask to "avoid" or decerase damage from magic damage (for physical i use jade / granite). From quartz i have Forbidden taste and if i am able to hit something with spells, i can easiely sustain chaos dmg from it via life leach (saved my life couple of times already, same as atziris promise additional life leach).
Honestly, the best way to open boxes safely is with smoke mine if you have an open green socket. A Quartz flask also guarantees you will move through monsters so desync is almost impossible. Pop a quartz and open the box and just run away, there is no chance of being caught in the middle.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info