Finally! I got early access!

To heroes of the storm alpha!

Kinda different from lol/dota and seems more like casual fun.

But, i like it! Will take the pressure off from trying to get to diamond 1 in LoL and will keep me busy until something worth of re-visiting emerges in PoE.

RNG luck over 9000! My gf got access after 1 hour or smn so we play together.

Anyone else playing HotS? Maybe we can group up!
ive been playing it since this summer, i like it too
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I saw the word Casual, and now I am intrigued.

Is it a game that can be enjoyed by someone with poor hand/eye co-ordination and an often denied drinking problem?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
www.museumofbadart.org

What's this have to do with gaming?
"

Is it a game that can be enjoyed by someone with poor hand/eye co-ordination and an often denied drinking problem?

lol yes. Charan's not far off the mark. But hey, its fun
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"

Hmmm, it can be enjoyed by a person with above mentioned problems/habits....If he is simply watching somebody else play the game. :D

On a more serious note: Im sure anyone can choose a champion and a role adjusted to their skill level.
Game is more objectives/team oriented and less of a "be korean, kill everyone, own solo their team".

I dont know if i like it simply cause it's something different of what i am playing atm, nor if i will get bored of its casual-ish style, but atm it's looking very promising as an alternative moba game.

Reminds me kinda of WoW arena mods in frozen throne (without the items ofc).
"
A watered down, newbie-friendly MOBA made by a company whose earlier watered down, newbie-friendly games were modded by the community into the very first, very hardcore MOBA.

I won't say what I'm thinking, but it rhymes with 'deception'.

Also, I want to point out that fun is GOOD. Blizzard are supremely adept at making fun games, and only a fool would begrudge them that.

Blizzard doesn't call it a MOBA though, they know it isn't at the level of other games in this genre. They call it a "team brawling game".
IGN : @Morgoth
"

Yes, every moba is enjoyable by everyone because there's matchmaking. If you suck you'll be in the suck-tier bracket and matched against other suckers, no problem.

I've played HotS for 30 hours or so and it's great fun. The archaic moba mechanics like the dumb-ass minion last-hitting/denying are gone, strategy, team play and decision making is more important than micromanagement. I like it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Dec 21, 2014, 12:26:53 PM
"

SMITE already has already addressed that. And as a behind-the-shoulder deathmatch style game, it's far more viscerally engaging than yet another top-down RTS leftover.

If lol/dota/HotS are RTS leftovers then what is SMITE? RTS leftover mixed up with leftovers from mediocre action games? Actually, it reminds me of cheap quake mods (dbz mod etc).
SMITE is as casual as HotS as far as i could tell by playing them both.

"

Found this interesting nibble on a Gamespot assessment of Heroes of the Storm (I wish I could type HotS but Sc2:II gets in the way):

"There's some other important things to be aware of, too. Towers are dotted along each lane, but they are fortified with healing fountains that provide a health and mana boost to allied players, and occasionally with a castle that can spawn additional minions. Fancy running past an enemy tower because you're confident you can secure a kill? Not here; Heroes of the Storm has gates that block the enemy team from passing. Towers themselves have an ammo supply, too, so if they pelt out too many rounds they'll need to pause to reload and can easily be destroyed in this time. And while characters tend to move quite slowly, almost all players can summon a mount so they can zip around the map faster. Mounts are no good for offensive plays, mind, as they disappear as soon as a player takes damage."

The bits I've highlighted illustrate my point perfectly. These are the sorts of changes that really define Blizzard's approach to making things more fun. What's frustrating players in other games? Okay, let's address that. People sick of porting back to heal? Let's put healing in the map. Stalemates with towers? Let's limit tower damage output. Map movement too slow? MOUNTS.

...It's brilliant but it's not pioneering.

From what you posted above i can understand that you haven't actually played the game. There are heroes who can get past towers/barricades to secure kills (although most of the time, not worth it) and that's what makes hero selection actually meaningful(since not every champion can do everything).

Also, Ammo can be picked up to refill tower shots and the existence of tower ammo is to create diversity and more team combos (you have to play the game to understand what i mean,probably).

As for the healing fountains, they have cool downs which force you into strategic choices, especially if you combine that element with the timers on global quests.

To conclude, i think you should actually test something before dismissing it or leading others (unwillingly or not) to dismiss it.
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Dec 21, 2014, 3:05:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info