leo redmane rep is way too hard to get, much rage and tears

On Diablo 2 they did not fuck with balance as much as they do on this game and it worked great ... there wasn't even an arena or any bullshit like that.

You could turn in to an enemy whenever you wanted and duel just right there. Then people gathered at town entrance for watching the duels and or waiting their turn.

There wasn't a system, people made it themselves and it was fucking cool. No one fucked with balance on PVP either, you could directly duel with your main char.

Oh, and there was no "permanent allocation" This also makes this game much more boring from my point of view ... as players don't fight over loot and everything turns more lineal.
Nostalgia ... good times
Last edited by chromafunk on Dec 19, 2014, 2:14:59 PM
vouch chromafunk, this is kinda what made d2 so special, that people made their own rules! but oh well, i guess poe pvp can work, just needs to be tuned a little! having that said, ive noticed a slight increase in the number of people dueling, probably due to the end of ladder rush. still games like CTF are pretty impossible to find.

but even with the dueling, rep you get for a pvp kill/daily is WAAAAAY too low, and will result in not too many leos hideouts per league, since they are 3 months long. maybe on standard idk. also noticed that people who like making hideouts usually dont like pvp, and vice versa.

tl;dr: increase xp on leos rep in any event, 80 per kill and a few k per daily is laughable and resulted in people even in global 820 having leo up to level 3~4
Not sure if I agree about the difficulty; sure, the team pvp dailies are essentially impossible even if you DO have a team ready, but most of the solo ones (get a kill, win a match, etc) are not only relatively doable, even for someone who sucks like I do, but almost everyone I've encountered in pvp is REALLY nice and willing to let you take a round or even a match if you need it for the daily. I would, however, up the rep-per-kill to 100, at least.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Yeh, after the 3rd attempt at pvp w/ my main against people who were 20 lvls higher then me, i gave up on it. And this on the rare times that there were actually people around to try and duel against.

Here's a rough idea for improving the whole arena/pvp experience:

It's an ARENA, right?

Maybe change his missions so that they all dont have to be against other players. Give him some player vs waves of mobs missions. Or maybe player vs randomly selected map boss. Since currently pvp seems to be a joke for 99% of the community, this might be a valid way to get people going w/ Leo..
-Zombie#1- "That guy has passed right over us 3 times now..shouldnt we be popping out to attack?"
-Zombie#2- "No way, you saw what he did to our friends. Lets just stay down here where its safe.
Besides, you heard how angry he is..keeps shouting something about needing the last 2 to clear.."

i agree completely, pvp IS better with all the balancing, but still far from perfect. also poe has a community that simply prefers pvm...so yes, maybe give him pvm missions! cause with 3 month leagues, no one will even bother doing pvp when he needs to level and collect gear, leagues are simply too short for that
Actually, Leo having you duel a random Rogue Exile once in a while would be interesting...
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
boye wrote:
level 6 leo.. imo going faster than other masters. stop bitching and queve up, maybe the problem is you suck at pvp?

Nice assumptions, ****

ON T: Tried once, got bored
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Jan 19, 2015, 6:02:47 PM
bumping this! still only level 5 on leo -.- i wonder how many of you is higher level than me. i assume less than 5%

and half the league has passed
Lol @ Beartrap and Barrage.

Pvp SUCKS so much donkey shlong its not even funny.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info