DW Scion question

I'm trying my first melee build and I love discovering the game, the skills and the tree but I found myself on a crossroad with some decissions and I'd appreciate some help of the more experienced members.

So I'm going for a tanky mobile dps kind of thing which I know sounds sketchy but it's fun so far... For me.
I'm going dual wield with daggers (because it looks cool, nothing else, it's proving underwhelming and I'm fearing endgame right now) and I'm focusing on going with Herald of Ash and Molten Strike for wave clear. I also have Cold Snap to add some AoE nuke and defense (allows me to poistion myself and leech if needed) and maybe I'll go for a skeleton totem I don't know.

But now my doubt is what to get as a single target skill with this setup:

- Tried Dual Strike. Not much damage and no real utility. Feels like I need two good daggers to make it work and I'm having very bad luck with gear.

- Tried Static Strike but looks more like a wave clear skill and Molten Strike seems to synergyze better so far with the rest of my build.

- Tried Viper Strike but dps seems to take too long, maybe it's good for melee bosses but seems very bad against mobile enemies.

- Was thinking about puncture for all the bleeding/dot modifiers in the tree but not sure if it will be the same as Viper Strike

Is ther any other skill that could synergyze well and be useful to nuke bosses?

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.
do you like how the scion looks? the duelust has much better starting nodes...
also have you tried reave ? cyclone is a good skill too although it was nerfed in 1.3
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
azamantes wrote:
do you like how the scion looks? the duelust has much better starting nodes...
also have you tried reave ? cyclone is a good skill too although it was nerfed in 1.3

I like how the DW looks, the Scion looks alright but it's not because of that. Wanted to explore the tree in the 3 directions because I want to be tanky but also mobile and at the same time be able to hit hard and it was all good until mercyless where I'm not tanky enought to facetank, can't dps enought to waveclear fast and kill bosses efficiently and the mobility is ruined by the huge lags and desyncs I suffer from all the sfx that populate harder difficulties (massive lighting spams + enviormental effects + my own skills + bigger monster hordes).

Range is much easier even with this problems but I'm still comitted to try to bring this character to the endgame.

About reave and cyclone I'm not sure if they're what I need becuase my biggest flaw so far seem to be single target dmg vs bosses. I managed to improve the dps with Dual Strike + Increased critical dmg multiplier + Increased Critical Strikes + Culling strike.

Thank you for your answer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info