How Pvp should have work

1)Should be its own league
2)Only Sarn town as instance and can join sarn arena to train
3)Players are all lvl 28, 44 or 100(determined when creating the char)
4)Itemization:
-You start with Leo selling only white items
-You have crafting benches at you reach
-Crafting dont cost currency (there is no currency in this league)
-Each pvp rank you get grant you X pvp points
-To upgrade/craft gear, you use pvp pts
-Each items mods have a determined worth in pvp points (ie: chaos doesnt bypass ES(100pts), 100 maximum life(15 pts))
-Tier 1,2 and 3 pvp have their items mod tier pts cost balanced proportionally
-Gemling queen is also in town to provide you with free skill gems and support gems
-Adding Q to gems also cost pvp points

this way pvp is determined by Pvp skillz not wealth and flipping skillz

spotted any flaws?got comment? tell it please
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Dec 19, 2014, 8:16:54 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No straw poll?

I agree. I'd also have preferred a stricter separation of PvP and PvE, so that they are different modes. For me, equal conditions (gear) and a level playing field are crucial and paramount to a meaningful test of skill. What we have now measures gear first and foremost.

I feel it's a missed opportunity.
"
Mivo wrote:
No straw poll?

I agree. I'd also have preferred a stricter separation of PvP and PvE, so that they are different modes. For me, equal conditions (gear) and a level playing field are crucial and paramount to a meaningful test of skill. What we have now measures gear first and foremost.

I feel it's a missed opportunity.

Lol nope, dont need a poll for something everybody already knows the answer

saw the pvp anouncement posted on Facebook and all the replies were all the same "pvp meh, not skillz based, more like wealth=good gear=win"
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Dec 19, 2014, 8:21:47 AM
Still would ignore it... so it's the same as the current implementation.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
1)Should be its own league
2)Only Sarn town as instance and can join sarn arena to train
3)Players are all lvl 28, 44 or 100(determined when creating the char)
4)Itemization:
-You start with Leo selling only white items
-You have crafting benches at you reach
-Crafting dont cost currency (there is no currency in this league)
-Each pvp rank you get grant you X pvp points
-To upgrade/craft gear, you use pvp pts
-Each items mods have a determined worth in pvp points (ie: chaos doesnt bypass ES(100pts), 100 maximum life(15 pts))
-Tier 1,2 and 3 pvp have their items mod tier pts cost balanced proportionally
-Gemling queen is also in town to provide you with free skill gems and support gems
-Adding Q to gems also cost pvp points

this way pvp is determined by Pvp skillz not wealth and flipping skillz

spotted any flaws?got comment? tell it please

I suggested this some time ago, but it was more of a "VOID LEAGUE" idea, to prevent whoever has most currencies, would obviously have the biggest chance of always winning.

You technically made a character in a Void League, you spawned in Hideouts (As we do atm), there were a new Stash, it had all Base items in the game, Leo's benchcraft provided you with only perfect rolls for obvious reasons.
Free skill tree reset 24/7, etc etc..

I guess GGG really just only wants the "HARDCORE" community, which is the item-flippers and trade simulator playstyle.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
I tend to agree that PVP should be its own mode with its own rules, that way PVP would not have to effect PVE balance and vice versa
I dont see any any key!
To put it bluntly - is this the best game for PvP?

Poe is a fine game, but the nature of it is complexity (many skills and synergies) and grinding gear.

PvP is about player skill, and not about which "skill" is OP and what gear you have.

Sorry, I'll shut up. I don't know what I am talking about. I just don't see how an arpg is supposed to provide a better pvp environment than any fps...
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Dec 19, 2014, 10:28:34 AM
Trust me, pvp is not all about gear, all dem casuals like to claim that though
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
If you have two players of equal skill, then the gear is the deciding factor. Gear compensates for a lack of skill, even more so than in most MMO PvP variants. You only get meaningful results if both opponents have roughly the same gear.
"
Mivo wrote:
If you have two players of equal skill, then the gear is the deciding factor. Gear compensates for a lack of skill, even more so than in most MMO PvP variants. You only get meaningful results if both opponents have roughly the same gear.

Skilltree
Pot management
Movement
General Knowledge
Tactics
Adapt to different fights
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info