Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error code 8

Hello! First I want to tell you guys at GGG what an awesome game you have here and I can't wait to see how the game unfolds in the future.

I've been having a problem recently whenever I zone into new areas where the loading screen comes to play I will randomly get this crash. " Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error code 8 Offset 4123963872 Size:2040928

I've updated all my drivers in my PC, Reinstalled POE, Checked windows for all updates (not sure if that would cause it but did it anyway) and its still happening. Could I get some insight from a mod to let me know whats going on here?

Thanks a ton!
Happy hunting!!
Last bumped on Mar 16, 2016, 12:32:36 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have the same problem even i have done the ["E:\陈裘博\path of exile\Client.exe" -gc 1]

I first tryied with -gc 2 but not working , then i tryied -gc 1 and same thing happened again.
And my quality is on normal (the lowest theres no more).

Its kinda annoying.
Same problem here and its really annoying and unplayable. The same mapviewoffile error 8 again and again with the difference that the game is overall laggy for me, as in alot screen freezings and time frame spikes when in group.
Last edited by Elegize on Feb 8, 2013, 6:01:55 PM
I got the same error time to time. After I turn off the shadows (no shadows in Graphics) I started to got it so much less. Than I went into act 3 and it started again. With or without -gc 1 and -gc 2.
Last edited by CptBeard on Feb 8, 2013, 3:25:11 PM
same here :(
IGN : Floopie
I can approve this. Got even worse with recent patch :/
Same problem. It's quite annoying, hope it gets fixed soon.
I have the exact same problem, but only since the very last patch. 0.10.1b
i get it constantly now, really starting to impact the playability of this game atm :(
Yeah this happens to me too, though mine only seems to happen with Lunaris Temple on either level 2 or 3. It will happen occasionally on normal, more on Cruel, and I can never reach or beat Peity on Merciless due to the game crashing randomly with this error every time I reach the Lunaris temple and progress towards the boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info