Sreiously whats point of no free respects?

"
Mivo wrote:
"
Man in d2 it was so fucking easy to level god dayum just have your friends rush you and make that new build right away.

Here? It's a fucking chore :_;;;

qq

But look at which game you still play. PoE's "tough love" is part of what makes us come back to it time and again.

We could probably all benefit from therapy. :p

Such a chore <.<

hmph!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I like to try many things. Like want to build a reeve CI shadow maybe one day and switch to a caster life based next day. Such BS you have to spend like 4-6ex to do so buying respects. Whats the point?

It's boring as shit play same build for like even a week. Not only that its even more boring to have to make another character and level 1-90 just to try something else.

10/10

Pretty good strike rate as well.

CASUAL-A-SOFTCORE!

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Dec 19, 2014, 12:23:27 AM
Because your decisions regarding your character should matter. If you want to just mindlessly derp around I can recommend you D3, fun stuff.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Because your decisions regarding your character should matter. If you want to just mindlessly derp around I can recommend you D3, fun stuff.

that's not fun :_;
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Xavderion wrote:

that's not fun :_;

Well not for long but at least for a while :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Thats one thing I liked about D3:)

I quit when they no longer had trade but yeah that was far superior system. Play CM wiz one day, archon next then maybe arcane mines next.

Why should decisions "matter"?

And they dont matter. I can pay 6ex and respec every day. But poor folk cant
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 19, 2014, 1:11:08 AM
Because you'd just check every build possible in like 10 minutes, and then be done with the game? If you don't enjoy lvling up or playing the game, do you really think that free respecs would suddenly make game interesting to you?

"

Because making a good decision which matters feels good? Free respecs would mean theory crafts would suddenly be gone, because now EVERYONE can just click around and get something good.

Not to mention that few quests are just left with no reward now, and regrets are gone.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
Because you'd just check every build possible in like 10 minutes, and then be done with the game? If you don't enjoy lvling up or playing the game, do you really think that free respecs would suddenly make game interesting to you?

"

Because making a good decision which matters feels good? Free respecs would mean theory crafts would suddenly be gone, because now EVERYONE can just click around and get something good.

Not to mention that few quests are just left with no reward now, and regrets are gone.

How can you do that w/o lvled gems and the gear to go with whatever build you are trying? Hardly 10 min each spec. Still requires huge investment and for some selling all their old shit to buy new.

It's not like D3 where you just swap skills. need gems here.

As far as theory crafters... that just mean you're rich. I make my own builds now cos I can afford to experiment. Free respecs would democratize theory crafting. Not leave it to elites.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 19, 2014, 1:30:45 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Because it feels more rewarding when you make the right decision.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
And they dont matter. I can pay 6ex and respec every day. But poor folk cant

If you can waste 6 ex every day on respecs, good for you. Most people can't and thus their decisions matter :)
Woah, I actually thought you were joking :( Sorry Aim.

Maybe it would be cool to implement free respecs in Standard or something, use it as a free testing ground, but I think I would prefer the current system for the temp leagues.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info