Ah the joy's of a new league

Repeats itself again and again.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
TheWretch wrote:

good times were had regardless if it was at the arcade or on your master system. Golden Axe rocked.

I was a bit too young to arcade on my own, so I played Golden Axe in Sega Genesis. When I had the chance to arcade, I played games like Asteroids, Pac-Man, Centipede, and etc.

But yea, I am going completely off-topic, so I will stop here. lol
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I_No gib me ur drillneckz
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Warmey wrote:
why dont you stay in standard like me and perfect your build instead of starting over with jack shit every time. I mean, in three months time, standard will have all the good shit the leagues have...

For me, the "problem" is that I need objectives to have fun in a game like this. I skipped most of last league and played Standard because I wanted the L90 achievement (yeah, I like achievements and trophies in games -- they're like mini games). Got it, then took a break for two months because I was annoyed and burnt out from the map grinding (constantly ran out of high level maps, so it was a drag). What else is there to do now? Level each class to 90? Meh. Kill Atziri and Über? Yeah, I could work toward that, but would need a totally different build than what I enjoy playing. I'd probably also have to trade.

Right now, my goal is to get L90 in HC. That may not work out, because dumb shit is bound to happen. I already had two client crashes since 1.3 (never had any before in 1500 or so hours), and any of them could spell the end. Or any of the many other ways to just get killed, including stupidity (I just ran a -max res, +monster damage map, and I kept asking myself why the hell I'm even doing that!). I could do this in the regular HC league where I have some stuff, but Bloodlines was a good opportunity and now my Bloodlines character is my highest HC character (74 at the moment, so not very high - the one in regular HC is 72, my previous 72 croaked when my router crashed).

When/if I succeed at this (or even if I don't and then bitch for a few days), I'm not sure what to do next. Level 100 is not realistic for me. I could do it, but it wouldn't be fun and I fear I would burn out completely in the process. Without trading, RMTing, and heavy grouping, it's nearly impossible with the game's current content. I'd probably go back to Standard, though, and work on masters and stuff, or do some crazy builds. HC is, admittedly, somewhat stressful (yet exciting) and it doesn't invite experimentation.

Well, perfectioning the gear, okay, fair point, that's something. Except, some of the perfect gear is now legacy, or mirrored, which brings us back to intense trading and RMTing. I have some legacy items and IIQ gems, but yeah, I fear that if I start trading heavily, I'll kill the game for myself because trading devalues the poor drops in this game even more. (Or rather, it pronounces the lack of good drops.)

"
TheWretch wrote:

I made it better xD
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Dec 18, 2014, 11:06:58 PM
I havent played since the start of the 1.1 patch so its interesting to come back for some time now. Ill probably give up after this build though, or try the HC league for a bit. I find most of the fun is the beginning of the league, before you have a stash full of currency and the market is full of anything you need for cheap.

But I also really hate leveling through the Acts.
"

"
TheWretch wrote:

I made it better xD

gib it here
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
My 2-h duelist is cleaving away thank you very much.

Made this today for him

show-off spoiler alert

Made possible by VictorDoom

Peace,

-Boem-

(duelist master-race in 1.3)

edit : also i would no longer be playing this game if i repeated a single build constantly. Just like i cant farm bosses longer then one hour etc, my brain would implode.

edit2 : i would say gz on the drillneck, but it ain't no surprise you got one now is it? :p
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Dec 18, 2014, 11:11:26 PM
"
sfbistimg wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:
"
sfbistimg wrote:
I quit new leagues again already. 3rd straight new league where I get into merciless and have gotten no usable drops and next to no currency. So I deleted and went back to standard, where I have gear and currency. Will try again next new league and see if I can get decent drops.

What's the appeal of new leagues to you, though? I mean, why try when the "gearing up" and "starting from scratch" process holds no appeal to you?

Making do with what I find, instead of having 70 tabs full of stuff, is what makes new leagues attractive to me.

to see if just once I will get good drops on first character I play. Back when I started playing in open beta it took me leveling 10 failed characters to merciless to build up a decent amount of currency to start mapping. I will keep trying it, and maybe one of these leagues I will be blessed with good RNG like some people get.

lol good luck with better drops. I played this game since may and never dropped anything over 3ex and only once that, a white 6l chest. But I flip and trade well. D3 taught me well.:p
Git R Dun!
The drops in this game is beyond horrible =/ if I didn't have patience I'd probably lose my fucking mind lol

And I play A L O T.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info