"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
Aenona wrote:
"
Well then the community will devour you -.-

=)

Well....

If it was just me and lets say the rest of the guild got their maps, then I would just say...

omg I have so bad RNG.

But nobody I know gets any map drops that is good or even decent.

When I play PoE I allways have a stream open in the background, like listening to a radio channel.. and most of them complain about the same thing. They dont get the maps !

Some of them even say it out loud, map drops is nerfed.

Im no expert like those crazy ppl in hardcore, they are far better players then me, but im expert enough to figure out that something is going on with map drops.

I started this thread to feel out if more people felt the same thing, and so far only the true believers has responded that there is no nerf going on..

Ill keep on being stubborn for a while..

Don't worry, I've also noticed a real dip in map quality. I'm struggling to find maps over 66 currently in Bloodlines. I'm level 73 and I've found a grand total of two 68s and about 4 67s. None of them are dropping equivalent or higher maps when I run them.

There's definitely been a nerf. I get that it's only been a week but it's never been this hard to get above 66 maps in the past for me. I shudder to think about how long it'll take me to find a 70 or higher...

tyvm ! we need a few more to post the same thing !
49% Motherfucker
51% Son of a Bitch

"

He was simply stating that he too was having issues sustaining or finding maps. I don't understand why his feedback isn't as valid as the next persons.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Aenona wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
No documented change for map drops, but you shouldn't expect 77-78 maps and to sustain them this early into the league unless you either

a) get really lucky on map drops

or

b) get a lucky cartobox

77-78's are suppose to be a "treat" not something you can easily sustain and at your level you still can progress fairly quickly with 72ish+

Its not easy to get 78 drop from a 69 map, only Havoc can manage that.

My point is I dont even get up t0 73 maps at level 85, imagine how many low maps I played to get that far !

Lol you must not watch very much at a start of a league to see how players build up map pools (that stream) They don't get 78s to drop from 69 maps no one does. They build up and roll maps in such a way that they typically can get good returns, if they don't they either but maps with the money they made so far from mapping or go down in map levels 1-2. They also take turns rolling maps as to allow everyone to share a burden of the true cost of high level mapping.

How do you typically roll your maps?

As for high level maps being a treat they truly were designed to not be sustainable. Chris has posted before stating why there isn't that many high level tilesets\maps is because they weren't designed to be sustainable. Leveling past 90 is only meant for those players that invest into buying maps (for the most part)

The 78 drop from a 69 map was ofc a joke !

I roll my maps this league as any league before. 75 and up I allways chisel/alch/chaos or chisel/transm/aug/regal. The mid level maps I tend to not waste chisels on, those I roll until I get pack size, blue pack or whatever I think is good. The lowest maps I tend to play white, and those I have zillions of.

But since I havnt gotten any 75 maps this league and only 1 76 from a 74, I have chiseld even as low maps as 73´s just to boost quantity, and nothing works, not even crazy rolls if alched..

Someone also wrote that you are not supposed to get abowe level 90 oO wtf.. whats the point playing this game at all then ? the true struggle for me begins at level 92-93 And buying maops from other players are no option at that point.. you get maybe 3 78´s for 1 ex, and you will need around 50-75 of them to get from 92-93. 15-20 ex right there and you gotta roll them on top of that.

ofc you need to be able to find your own maps ! or leech xp in a party, and thats not my way of playing this game.

49% Motherfucker
51% Son of a Bitch
"
SVD wrote:
This was my first league ending up having real bad map rng.

I entered my first 75 map at level 85.

progression went like this:

66 -> 67 -> 69 -> stay at 68-67 maps for 15 maps -> first 70s maps drop -> back to 69s -> back to 68s -> 30 maps 69-71 -> 3 72s, 1 73 -> back to 70 -> back to 68s -> back up to 70-71 -> some 72-74 -> back down to 70 20 maps -> finally up to 74s -> back to 72 -> started apex runs (15 runs) -> straight up from 72 to 77 in 3 maps + 2 maps with 4 maps each -> now i'm at 76-78 maps

I would love to know if those 76-78 gave you returns !!
Hopefully you will get back to this thread again !
49% Motherfucker
51% Son of a Bitch
Last edited by Aenona on Dec 19, 2014, 1:01:54 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:

"

He was simply stating that he too was having issues sustaining or finding maps. I don't understand why his feedback isn't as valid as the next persons.

Soory dont understand your comment, must be a language barrier, Im a Swede you know, keep it simple..
49% Motherfucker
51% Son of a Bitch
Ok !!

I talked to some of the ppl in the guild, asked about how high maps they have found, and this is the result.

Me level 85 have found one 76 map.. and im truly a lucky guy ! (no 75´s)
one at level 88 have found one 73 map =) <--- LOL
one at level 74 found a 72 in a Zana

two guys arent online now, cant check their level, but they are around level 84 or so. One of them has gotten a 73 and the other one still stuck on 71.

So no nerf ???
49% Motherfucker
51% Son of a Bitch

"

The 78 drop from a 69 map was ofc a joke !

Ok....

"
I roll my maps this league as any league before. 75 and up I allways chisel/alch/chaos or chisel/transm/aug/regal. The mid level maps I tend to not waste chisels on, those I roll until I get pack size, blue pack or whatever I think is good. The lowest maps I tend to play white, and those I have zillions of.

And aside from ambush players typically always complain about map drops at the start of a new league.

"
But since I havnt gotten any 75 maps this league and only 1 76 from a 74, I have chiseld even as low maps as 73´s just to boost quantity, and nothing works, not even crazy rolls if alched..

The mods don't really have an impact on what map drops can return, obs more monsters or magic can net you a better chance, they still don't improve 25% chance of 0 is still 0.

"
Someone also wrote that you are not supposed to get abowe level 90 oO wtf.. whats the point playing this game at all then ? the true struggle for me begins at level 92-93 And buying maops from other players are no option at that point.. you get maybe 3 78´s for 1 ex, and you will need around 50-75 of them to get from 92-93. 15-20 ex right there and you gotta roll them on top of that.

Yes, this game is a lot like D2, endgame starts at 80 or so, but reaching past 90 takes a lot of time and currency investment, if you had known the pains of pre 78\79 maps and reaching level 90+ you wouldn't be complaining. They don't care if you get to 100 with a character to do that is your own desire\wish, its a long and painful road. So it cost a bunch in maps to level, but typically you can sell stuff you find to continue the process, if not don't level -.-

"
ofc you need to be able to find your own maps ! or leech xp in a party, and thats not my way of playing this game.

You find maps just not high enough for you to be happy, you gotta buy or do rotation parties if you wanna reach very high levels. That or simply buy your maps outright.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Im for RNG with raising chance on socketing, fusing and getting a map for crazy rolls and quantity

But is it even necessary to increase the chance to socket\link and item when we have recipes that guarantee them?

Because GGG said that Vorici's 1500 fuses is way too high for average 6 linking and Vorici was created only for those who dont wanna manually use fuses on an item and just want fast 6 linking. Am I the only who think 1500 fuses is insane like a lot?

Anyway... so for people who do have a time to manually use fuses raising a chance to 6 link would prevent to wasting 3k fuses on it, and they will use not more than 1500 but less, because they did it manually, wasted their time, and because 1500 is too high ,like said GGG, so with raising the chance we actuaaly recieve what GGG planned for 6 linking: 1500 fuses for rich lazy bones and less than 1500 for casuals who link it manually. All is happy.

"
goetzjam wrote:
As for rolling crazy maps with no return that sucks, but thats why I think we typically see players go for packsize\magic\ect alt+regal instead of alch+chaos.

By rolling a map with alts and regaling it you wasting way too much currency and only rich player can allow it. Not all can even allow to use just alchemy orb on a map. So with alchemy orb you can get 100%+ quantity or a pack of crazy mods that could give you sure map in return if GGG create a special list of mods for which you get a 100% at least 1 map drop. They can do it. Zana's *find a map* quest is evidence
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Last edited by The_Great_Alex on Dec 19, 2014, 5:19:24 PM
So gullible =/
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Yeah, I complained about this as well. You can see the thread here, where many others have noted the nerf: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1134945

The solution is to simply say "Fuck this game" and not give GGG another penny. Nerfing map drop rates would at least be acceptable if there weren't an experience penalty, but you manage to get a few maps, die to desync, and you lose the last four days' worth of progress. Having a grindy game is fine, but there needs to be respect for the player's time. And this game certainly doesn't have that.

I play Standard, by the way, so this seems a general change. And GGG had also recently said they felt it was too easy to maintain maps. This ain't really a conspiracy theory, it's the most plausible thing.

To those who think things are always in the patch notes, RNG is always RNG, etc: come on, this is not the first time something is not included in patch notes. When Silverbranch drop rates were nerfed (I used to get those things all the time, now never) and Screaming Eagle was buffed to take its place a few months ago (I get like 5 a week), was this noted? The trash uniques that drop seem to cycle every few months, to such a noticeable point it's ridiculous.

Also, RNG is *not* just RNG. If GGG says there is a .05% chance for a map to drop from any mob, who is setting that number...? Quit excusing shit drop rates and lousy game design choices, for the love of god. The point of playing games is to have fun, not to feel angered and frustrated when you can't make progress because of an artificial wall. Make me unable to progress due to challenge and lack of skill, not this bullshit where you have to end up going to an RMT site to acquire the currency to buy maps with.

GGG needs to reevaluate whether they want to sustain players for years to come or just piss them off with their shortsighted vision of level 100 being the end of their game. Focus on more things to do, such as PvP. Let me fucking change hideout tilesets without losing my designs (make me buy this with real money, I don't care) so that I can have fun grinding more masters and designing different hideouts. Give us some type of endless dungeon, it doesn't even have to give XP, just make the rarity go up with every area. Give us more unique maps. Create map sinks (two maps for more rarity). There are so many different things they could do.

But don't fucking keep us locked down to 73 maps where we can't level, thinking we'll be happy to run them for 0.5% experience each.

Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Dec 19, 2014, 6:34:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info