Trading system?

Hi there, I'm not really active on this forum so this was possibly mentioned already (if so, sorry), but I'm really curious about this.

Why is the only way to trade items in PoE spamming in Trade Channels?
Why can't there be a solid ingame structure similar to Auction Houses in a bunch of other games?
It doesn't need to be an auction house, just a board on which players can input their wishes to buy and sell items, but it would be more visible, with a better overview (hopefully with some sorts by item types etc).

I'm playing with my real life mates for a while now, and whenever I get some decent items I'd like to sell, I check the Trade Channel to see how are prices going (considering it's only been a week since Torment started) and then there's just 7 lines long messages like
"WTS <80 characters long unique item name> x chaos < More unique items...>"
So I try typing my wts message(1-2 lines long) and when I press enter the message is lost in the stream of chat spam almost instantly. So usually I just give up on trading and put the items in guild bank.

Even though I enjoy the game a lot, that's kinda bugging me(along with the always-badass desync God kill me for playing melee).

Can anyone explain why nothing "better" was implemented so far, or if ggg has said anything about it?
Cheers <3
Hi
Because GGG wants person to person trading instead of automated offline trading. Just use poe.trade or whatever its called atm because thats the next best thing you get to an AH.
GGG did mention in January or February this year that there was an overhauled trading systems in the works, with public stashes and asynchronous, forum-based trading options. Chris had said it may or may not be ready in later spring. Since it is now almost a year later, plans apparently changed, and it has not once been mentioned since then. Instead, it seems, we got the PvP system. Since 1.4 presumably comes with a new act, which is probably a ton of work, I'm not hopeful that we'll get a better trading system soon.

For now, making a forum shop (using Procurement) and utilizing http://poe.trade is your best bet.
Don't count on their trade overhaul to solve anything. When I mean anything, I mean the fundamental issues on the current state of trade.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Redcamus wrote:
just a board on which players can input their wishes to buy and sell items, but it would be more visible, with a better overview (hopefully with some sorts by item types etc).

Well there is the notice board which is used primarily for this, and they mentioned they were working on a better trade system, which I would guess is coming in act 4.
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
Thank you for replies, everyone.

"
Because GGG wants person to person trading instead of automated offline trading.

It shouldn't be hard to make an interactive trade between players, wanting to improve social skills is alright, but the way to get someone to trade with it just annoying.

And
"
For now, making a forum shop (using Procurement) and utilizing http://poe.trade is your best bet.

seems unprofessional from ggg to be alright with people using someone else's trading page instead wanting to make their own. Reminds me of d2jsp.

Well, good thing I know about poe.trade now, might make my (PoE) life easier for now :)

Oh and
"
Well there is the notice board which is used primarily for this

I thought that one was originally made as a group finder >.<
Hi
"
Redcamus wrote:

Oh and
"

Unleash the hounds in 3...2...
IGN : @Morgoth
"
Redcamus wrote:
Thank you for replies, everyone.

"
Because GGG wants person to person trading instead of automated offline trading.

It shouldn't be hard to make an interactive trade between players, wanting to improve social skills is alright, but the way to get someone to trade with it just annoying.

And
"

seems unprofessional from ggg to be alright with people using someone else's trading page instead wanting to make their own. Reminds me of d2jsp.

Well, good thing I know about poe.trade now, might make my (PoE) life easier for now :)

Oh and
"

It is but the traders claim its for trading as well. Its like with the people who said snapshotting is not an exploit basically. If the damn noticeboard just had a trade tab as well as the party tab.
It is actually called a notice board which can be used to advertise anything. Think of notice board in a community and what it is used for. Feel free to blast me but if they were exploiting, GGG would police it like they do global. Working as intended.
I messaged GGG regarding this some time ago:

"
Re: Trading suggestion (To prevent Public party trade flooding)
Grinding Gear Games (support@grindinggear.com) Add to contacts 12/2/2014 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
To:
support@grindinggear.com
Greetings,

Thank you for sending these suggestions through to us! There have been
a few stated trade improvements coming in the future (such as being
able to trade across different areas).

However, we really appreciate hearing ideas from the community so I
will make sure to forward this on to the development team for you.
Feel free to contact us again with any additional comments, questions
or suggestions you may have and we will be happy to assist further.

Regards,
Brian

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Patrick Rollo <rollopatrick@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Trade chat isn't really as helpful as you need to constantly repeat typing
> or you need to have the items in your inventory. If you are questing or
> doing runs on map, you really won't be able to pay much focus on trading.
> Trading is an integral part of the game, it allows you to have better items
> and such. But sometimes you can stand infront of your stash for hours and
> repeatedly post your item but it just wouldn't get bought because it gets
> flooded by the other posts in a matter of seconds. Also when you reach the
> CRUEL of ACT3, the PUBLIC PARTY has been totally filled with Trade posts w/c
> totally defeats the purpose of the public party. ACT3 Cruel Public party
> practically does not exist anymore and it has taken the fun out of it.
>
> So I would like to suggest a new trading method/system
>
> As we already have a notice board, I suggest that you guys implement a new
> kind of tab under noticeboard itself. Namely the Trade tab.
>
> Under trade tabs, a user can post let's say up to 10items/account (as in
> account not character). Like "stash" players can have their capacity
> increased via microtransactions. DO NOT place buyout at it will defeat the
> purpose of player interaction. People who will post under these can give the
> item a bit of description on what they want but never to "automatically"
> trade the item. It will be like a browsing window for available market
> items. for an item to be bought, buyer will still need to meet with the
> player who must be online. The seller will then pull the item off from the
> trade tab of noticeboard and proceed with the trade either on the desired
> camp/hide out.
>
> The trade tab should also have basic filtering method like:
>
> Rarity
> Minimum level req
> Maximum level req
>
> Item Category
>>>Weapon
>>>>>1H/2H
>>>>>>>>class of 1H/2H weapon
> Armor
>>>Gear slot (Head, chest, boots, etc...)
> Accessories
>
> Misc
> (Potions, Maps, quivers goes here)
>
> CURRENCY should not be included. As there are to many currency types and
> this would mean players would rather go for currency and will prevent actual
> item-to-item trade.
>
> Hope you implement something similar to this. And i do hope to get a reply
> from you regarding this idea.
>
> Yours truly,
> Avid fan of POE.

Well it likes it that they haven't actually thought of it by this "robotic" standard reply. Possibly because not a lot of people are actually complaining and that the players themselves seems to be content with 3rd part applications/sites like poetrade, [Removed by Support], forums, flooding chat channels, flooding PARTY channels, etc...

If you want it to be heard, you need to nag them more to show that IT REALLY IS NEEDED.

Heck even the old RF ONLINE had a "market" that everyone could post too.
Last edited by Gary_GGG on Dec 19, 2014, 8:37:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info