Dat HC + SC

"
FadeXF wrote:
A bit of history on the subject for those late comers and easy forgetters who maybe didn't experience the full force of the SC vs HC thing: When Kripp coined it, and for about the year after... it was rampant and rabid on the forums. It was really bad around here. You were completely belittled and demeaned if you played SC. It didn't fucking matter if you were just chatting on any subject at all - BOOM - you are a scrub and your opinion is totally shit.

oh, yeah, the good old days... :)

I think it influenced me to some extent too, since in OB I tried quite hard to play HC. First time I played Standard, was only after I ripped my second high lvl (80+) char in Onslaught and wanted to continue mapping, to see all the maps.

But SC people got sweet revenge and munition for belittling, about the time when logout was confirmed by GGG as "the way it's meant to be played" :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Those hardcore players that think they are cooler that standart players makes me only laugh. "Cooler than standart"... they think they are better cuz they do something different IN THE GAME. How does that makes you feel cooler than others? I just cant understand.

And thats why I only laugh when I imagine that hardcore kid (or mature player) in front of monitor that think he is baddass cuz he plays the game in other way. Oh lol.

Dont take that serious this game or Ill die laughing of you soon
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Cant we all just love one another and be happy for each other? Why always fight senseless fights, games are about having fun, and the fighting takes place between bunch of pixels players vs bunch of pixels monsters AIs.

#NOH8
"
FadeXF wrote:
You can sit there and be all like "get a backbone" "stop throwing a SC tantrum" "who gives a shit what random people say online" - however you go ahead and be a BLACK person trying to fit in when a handful of RACIST GITS decide they don't want you to be in the community.

Linking racism, which has caused death and hardship for millions and is still an on-going issue of great severity in many places, to something banal like the SC vs. HC debate in PoE, is seriously off.

When I suggested that people need to grow up and let go, I referred to this high school mindset where it is the most important thing in the world what someone else thinks of your clothes, your hobbies, your friends, your nose, and your sneakers.

I'll be the first to expect GGG to moderate someone who spews racism (and they do). I would like them to do more about the casual and careless use of Nazi-related stuff, too, but being German I'm fairly sensitive to that topic (more so than Americans who have greater historical distance to the subject, but it's a cultural thing and I realize that).

But someone who gets upset over someone else saying "scrubcore", well, I think it's silly to find that offensive. Laugh at it and move on. What does it really matter if some random person on the internet thinks you suck because you play softcore? Why would someone, who can't be very mature if they think that of you, matter so much that it affects your enjoyment of the game?

There was a time in my life when I tried very hard to make sure that people had the proper idea of me. That they thought of me what I wanted them to think of me. That they thought well of me. Let me tell you that this was the most stressful time in my life, and the biggest waste of time, because people think, do, and say whatever they want, and you never have any control over it. The harder you try, the more you exhaust yourself, and people will still think, do, and say whatever they want.

Don't sweat the small stuff. SC vs. HC in PoE is extremely small stuff.
Don't most people play both?
With the challenges spanning both leagues and the fact that they have different content I always find myself rolling both leagues...
While I'm terribad at hardcore and don't know how people rush up the ladder without dying to lag spikes or desync, I still play...
I've never understood why this is an issue at all.
"
FadeXF wrote:
... I never once saw it on D2 forums, or community - I didn't even know that hatred or sentiment even existed...

Hatred? Seriously? Get over yourself, man. No one cares about you. Do you seriously think HC players hate SC players?

I don't think you understand the weight of the words you are saying.
"
FadeXF wrote:
I'm not going to get back into this topic - I lived it for a year awhile back when I actually did genuinely give a shit about this community and the game... far more than GGG did.

Yes: I completely believe the word HATE in it's full-blown definition was aptly used.

Oh you poor, poor, sheltered little soul. The real world is going to chew you up and spit you out once you finally leave momma's basement.

If you actually think people HATE others over how they play a video game, and you truly believe HATE is the word that expresses those emotions, I genuinely feel sorry for you. I can only assume that you are not a visible minority, and that you have never seen or experienced true hatred before.

I'd love to see you try to make this comparison to someone who was an actual victim of a hate-crime and keep a straight face.

dont care about SC or HC some of my friends play SC, I play HC.

but it is really annoying when someone talks about balance while playing in a league where nothing really matters but having a huge amount of dps...

its just ridiculous when SC players tell you how "viable" 2H or melee in general is.
or how "easy" the game is
while on HC almost nobody plays a melee spec and even going ranged you have to skip so many map bosses or whole (unique) maps because the chance to die is just absurdly high...

just a couple of days ago I had an argument with a friend who plays SC about 2H where he said that 2H is totally viable, you even could do Uber with it.
And I couldnt stop laughing because everybody who even plays a little bit HC knows that this is total bullshit^^

"
FadeXF wrote:
PS: Going straight for personal attacks means you lost the debate - and man, that didn't take you long, hey partner?

It's not a debate. There is no winner or loser. You actually think people hate other people over which league they play. I've been around here longer than you think, I know what sentiments you are talking about because I fueled that fire daily. I do believe softcore is MILES behind HC in terms of player talent. I do believe it is an extremely inferior league. The proof is in facts.

FACT - 48 hours into leagues, look at the SC ladder, and compare it to the HC ladder. HC players are always about half a dozen levels ahead of SC, even though our deaths are permanent and people tend to play less aggressively. ALL of the top streamers play HC exclusively, because it is the only mode that matters.

Sorry, but that's just the truth, even though it may hurt your glass-like pride.

I am resorting to personal attacks because what you said is extremely insensitive to VICTIMS OF REAL, FULL-BLOWN HATE. You are trivializing all the minorities and their very real daily struggles for equality with your piss-poor attempt of an analogy, and it is made in extremely bad taste. If I was a mod, you would be warned for your behavior and potentially put on probation. You are comparing what people think of others in a video game to something people GET KILLED FOR IN REAL LIFE.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Such a hate bait thread...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info