Dat HC + SC

Ziggy is the biggest carebear I have ever seen.

No one honestly cares what league you play in, but softcore babbies always seem to take offense to any jabs at them being scrubs and throw tantrums on the forums.

Hardcore... is hardcore. Don't delude yourself into thinking sc/hc are the same thing. If you consider yourself good at the game and only play softcore, than you might not be all that.
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:

No one honestly cares what league you play in, but softcore babbies always seem to take offense to any jabs at them being scrubs and throw tantrums on the forums.

Hardcore... is hardcore. Don't delude yourself into thinking sc/hc are the same thing. If you consider yourself good at the game and only play softcore, than you might not be all that.

You are aware you just done the thing he is talking about? What is the point of you telling anyone, that if he is playing softcore or standard, then he is probably bad? (or at least worse than you). All you will get is a constant hate-circle that is powered by people like you.

I don't want to play hardcore, because I don't want to deal with desync and Alt+F4 - I don't find anything hardcore in such gameplay, but if someone does - have your fun.

But if you go around saying that you are better because you chose to play hardcore, you'll only hear one response - go play your Alt+F4-core, bitch. Because this is how hate-circles work.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
FadeXF wrote:
I think that GGG enabled the whole thing. I think that in essence they endorsed it by lack of action. They left the community torn and battling itself without putting a cap on it despite repeated efforts all around.

HC vs. SC debates, and all the elitist behavior as well as the insecurity of SC players, were already around in the D2 days. Same "arguments", same back and forth. It's not somehow specific to PoE and this community.

It's not something that needs to be moderated by GGG, it's just that people need to grow up and stop fretting over what anyone else thinks of them, as Cliff already said (was well put by him, too). If they don't want to grow up, that's okay also, it's not like it does any real harm.

HC and SC aren't the same thing. I don't play HC with the mindset I play SC, and there are many builds I can't do in HC as it doesn't invite experimentation (for me). I certainly won't tackle Atziri in HC. In return, SC doesn't offer the same adrenaline rushes to me as HC does, which is sometimes fun and enjoyable, and stressful and tedious at other times. It's a mood thing, and a matter of preference. I enjoy both SC and HC as they offer me different experiences. Same game, different facets.

Do I believe that the average HC player is more knowledgeable of the game? Yes, absolutely. They have to be in order to make it to higher levels. Does that mean that all SC players are clueless? Far from it. Some of the most competent PoE players prefer SC, e.g. Mathil.
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:

Yeah, we all know Hc players are not really hardcore with their logout macros. Oh, blame desync, sure, "i need my logout macro because desync", boohoo, then youre till not really hardcore because HC players cant adjust to playing with desync and without the damn logouts. I demand a 3 second logout timer. Keep the chars in the game even on alt f4 and such cheap tricks, then we shall see the few real HC players.

This is silly anyways, why do people give a shit what game someone plays or within a game what game mode someone chooses? I played games on hard modes and easy modes all the same, no fucks given.

"
BossOfThisGym wrote:

So pr0

Spoiler
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
Last edited by robotamen on Dec 19, 2014, 8:52:46 AM
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
Honestly videos like this one are creating the thing more than fixing it, because overall hc vs. Sc is a minor thing. Ziggy says it happens a lot, allow me to disagree. Only a few retards from both sides think they are smart by bashing other players because they play an other league, big deal.

And nobody worries about these dudes that said to Ziggy they stopped playing because they felt they could not play how they wanted to play ? I don't give a damn about what people think concerning which league I play, and they most probably think nothing about it. Who quits a game he likes because some random retard said something about his playstyle, seriously ? Nobody prevents anyone to play what they want to play, jesus.

Quoted the whole post for truth; i've already thought about writing something very similar under his YouTube video, but decided against it in the end becouse i didn't want to stir sh*t up more than it already is. Here's just one thing that stuck in my mind as something i wanted to write there:

If anyone who supposedly "would love to play the game" gets discouraged by what some random and totally unknown person somewhere on the internet thinks about his preferred playstyle and/or league, then that person is either very young, very insecure or has some self-perception issue. It reminds me of a kid in elementary school who likes to listen to rock but gets called a loser by some random metal kids he doesn't even know, so he decides he won't listen to rock becouse of that.

Get some self-confidence up and stop listening to what some unknown person on the other side of the planet is thinking about you, sheesh.
I don't really want to get into this whole debate, because I don't give a shit what other people do, and this debate is always pointless. HOWEVER, I do feel the need to point something out.

Softcore =/= Casual. People (including some in this thread) keep linking softcore to casual. It's not the same thing.

I'm a casual. I have kids, a wife, a full-time job. I play 3 to 4 hours per day. I am a casual.

I have never/would never play softcore. I play hardcore, does that make me a hardcore gamer? No, it makes me a casual who only plays hardcore.

Also, fuck that video. Videos like that only reinforce the stereotypes.
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:

Just a giant "LOL"!

The name, the message, everything... Just wow... Are we living in the stone age?

If trolling: Good job.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:

I want to be just like you when I'll grow up. H-a-r-d-c-o-r-e. Yeah! So much power in this word. I agree, Im such a looser playing standart all this time. Think at my 29 my balls are not big enough yet to try the league for the R-E-A-L M-E-N. Im such a pussy =(
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:

This should generate some decent butthurt :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info