General Feedback

So, after my second RIP in Bloodlines I decided about time I share my thoughts on the state of the game since the 1.3 patch.

In DOTA 2, melee hero's are given greater early game defensive options and reduce penalties against deny mechanic. This is because in lanes, ranged hero's will almost always have the advantage and so melee are given an edge to remain competitive. I bring this up because I don't see the point in being melee in PoE. There isn't any benefit or perk and all you are doing is intentionally making the game harder on yourself because ranged will always, in every situation, be better than melee.

My Marauder was 54 in act 1 about to get the wp beside Fairgraves when I see a rare lockbox which rolled a rogue exile. Being the fearless HC player I am, I open it and proceed to stomping everything with my ~2k life and 7k DPS. I instantly leap slam away just before I nearly killed myself because the exile that had spawned was Minara Anemia. My fire resist was 58% at the time but the amount of damage per minion I took was absurd. I thought instantly "too bad I'm not ranged because she would be a push over like the rest of the exiles." I killed myself trying to not blow up too many minions at once. I'm not saying Minira should be nerfed and in fact think she should be buffed along with a few other exiles. What I am saying though is that melee characters are spread thin for viable methods to tackle her and a lot of player's facing her will be stuck in "No Win" scenario's that should not exist in a good game.

I could have skipped her and lived but I didn't feel like it because of the sad fact that I knew she was only difficult because I was melee and not ranged. The entire first phase of Dominus is a pain in the ass on melee, solo. Merveil? Annoying. Vaal? Why is Vaal smash able to one shot melee characters but there is no range attack counterpart? Why Don't you make Vaal smash the range of the entire room. So that no matter where you stand, you have to dodge. Instead of singling out melee as the inferior build for that fight as it is with the vast majority of content in the game currently.

This doesn't seem to be getting anywhere and the wall of text is getting real.
So, TL:DR
Serious reconsideration of melee vs ranged should take place at GGG in terms of how much effort melee vs ranged characters have to put in to play effectively. A re-balance of effort vs effect for melee vs ranged is currently required.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info