Summoner or Dual Totem for max FUN MF??

Hey folks,

Played lots of different melee, casters, and archers, but haven't played any of the "non-user damage" builds yet.

I am going to roll either Summoner or Dual Flame Totem character for Bloodlines.

Can I have some opinions on which build is funner/more engaging to play? I have looked at a few build write ups for each. Both seem well suited to run MF gear later on.

Summoners: Support minions with dual curses and maybe do some culling. Use convocation, offering, and Animator flasks to heal and direct minions. Can deal some back line damage but must invest in minions first.

Dual Totes: Jack those totems and go blood magic, can use ice spear /w PCoC to increase crit chance for totems.

Am I missing something fundamental for either? In both cases I know I have to adopt a more passive management role.

Would just like some opinions on what people find more entertaining to play. I don't often care for "lazy builds"...I don't mind manually dodging, having to keep buffs up, managing resources, etc.

Thank you for your time!
I've played both. I find the dual totes more fun and easier to add IIQ/IIR than Summoner which nowadays needs more gear and gems to be viable in high level content.
Also, if going minion summoner, where do you put the IIQ/IIR gems? On your skeles? your specs? your zombies? Your main damage skill?
With dual totems, there's no question.
Im playing Arc, the runs to piety are very fast and is fun, maybe it lack in the single target department but is fast enough, like 15 sec to kill piety.
"
marco150 wrote:
Im playing Arc, the runs to piety are very fast and is fun, maybe it lack in the single target department but is fast enough, like 15 sec to kill piety.

Dual spell totem Arc? Or self cast arc? I have a lightning witch, heh, need input on Dual totems or summoners...
"

Of course the dual totem! Totem chars are always SOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!11111oneoneone /irony off
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Dual shockwave totem is pretty fun. :)
"
666lol666 wrote:
"

Of course the dual totem! Totem chars are always SOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!11111oneoneone /irony off

lol...noted. One vote for summoner ;)
Totems are more fun IMO, I played both, and summoner is boring as hell.I suggested selfcast arc just to let you know that there are others possibilities.
Well I tried both. Easier to stack iiq/iir on totem char, but I think summoner is stronger, so if you want to get more loot from higher level maps, I think summoner is the best choice. It's also more fun - for me atleast - (and/but harder to play well).
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
Last edited by PaganDK on Dec 19, 2014, 6:20:12 AM
Summoner (zombies/spectres) is more fun. Totem is better MF char.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info