2H Axe Scion, EB, MOM. Would love some advices.

Hi evryone.
First a little disclaimer :

Spoiler
primarily English is not my mother tongue. Therefore I do apologise if the english is a bit (or maybe a lot) off, no disrespect is intended, and I'll do my best to keep it as readable as I can.

Secondly, this is not a build guide, but a post made to ask for some help with a build, my knowledge about the game being limited. I thank in advance evryone that decide to help, even if it is to say that the build will sucks whatever I do.

Thirdly, how is thirdly even a real word ?

With the new patch being out, comes the time of removing the dust out of those old character that we didn't care about for the past few month.
I was planning using lvl 70 scion with a little toy that I recently found :

Spoiler

Tough I Suppose that it is not near ''stellar'', I still believe it to be powerfull enough to have some fun until I found something more beefier.

Thing is, I'm not a fantastic build maker by any strech of the imagination ... some would argue that I even quite suck at it.
Ergo the substancial amount of lvl 66/70 character owned by my person that spent more time "respawning to the last checkpoint" than kicking dominous self righteous bom ...
I would therefore love to have some feedback from more experienced, if not simply better, player.

survivability wise, I was thinking HP, mind over mater and Eldritch Battery.
With gear being mainly pure ES and occasionaly Amor / ES for gem color purposes. this is basicly my main struggle, I want to do a reasonably tanky character, and I wonder if I can achieve it that way, or if I should go for armor option, wich seems to be of a lesser quality in higher levels.

Skill wise, I was thinking DoubleStrike or HeavyStrike as single DPS (with Multi,increase phys etc ... again quite classic).
And for the aoe/ mob clearing, I was struggling between the usual Spectral Throw (with Lmp, some leech, added dmg etc ...) or, if survivability allows it, something to watch the enemies in the eyes as I (try to ?) slaughter them.
Something such as Cleave or even a sweep (with multiskrike, dmg etc ...) would be more enjoyable I confess.

thus I came with this first ''draft'' of a build , using 107 points (87 are aviable as for now, since I am only lvl 70):

The good thing about it (I guess) when it comes to damage is the fact that most of the damage nodes taken in the outer rings of the three ( Cleaving, slaughter, wreking ball and executionner) applies to melle weapon, and not (or perhaps I was mistaken) to melle damage only, and therefore do works with ST.
And if a Melle AOE is viable (cleave/sweep) I can easely sacrifice 2 point in order to get amplify in the templar tree.

Skill tree Planner announce 163% HP and +307 Max Life wich seems to me as correct-ish ?

My main concern being, If i apply a mana leech on some of my attacks, and perhaps on a molten shell with cast when damage taken, will it be enough to sustain the mana loss from mom ? and perhaps a more or less leveled artic armor ?

I guess another of the problem I would get would be the auras. there is no way that I can run more than 1 aura and HoA (exept for a low lvl clar).
So if I were to sacrifice discipline (for mana regen) over hartred, would my damages be sufficient to at least do some high end maps efficiently ?

So there you have it. If you took the time to read the whole bloody thing, thank you very much, and if you care to give me some advices, I thank you even more.

Lazareus

Ps: If something like it as already been proposed, I do apologise in advance, I spent quite some time looking for a build that would match it, but didn't found anything recent and therefore viable about it...
But again, I am a flawed individual... (And I LOVE IT!)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info