Rare Item Rewards In Merciless

I always find these rewards to be incredibly lackluster in merciless. I feel like I didn't even do a quest because all I end up getting are a few alteration shards.

I think a better solution would be getting gems as rewards but instead have them gain say 5% quality. This way it also lets newer players get familiar with gem qualities.

random rant because shitty rewards, I know this has been discussed millions of times, its just damn annoying.
S L O W E R
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
ampdecay wrote:
I always find these rewards to be incredibly lackluster in merciless. I feel like I didn't even do a quest because all I end up getting are a few alteration shards.

I think a better solution would be getting gems as rewards but instead have them gain say 5% quality. This way it also lets newer players get familiar with gem qualities.

random rant because shitty rewards, I know this has been discussed millions of times, its just damn annoying.

This belt is a rare from merciless reward:

Its a pretty sick belt.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Got this in cruel last night, I was happy.

@sl4y3r you are completely off topic, that was in cruel, not merciless like op was complaining about.

FeelsBadMan

And for every well-rolled rare quest reward, how many garbage ones do you get? Probably lots.

I find it especially ridiculous that we can get meh rares as quest rewards while simultaneously, other quest rewards are forcing us to pick between two essential skill gems that aren't offered anywhere else in the game. It feels like one of those things the developers just threw down at random without much thought and never bothered to revisit, forcing us to roll farming alts to make up for their shortsightedness.
Last edited by Karkadinn on Dec 18, 2014, 11:55:49 AM
Ok the point isn't to get super endgame gear from quest rewards (although my belt I linked is pretty good for endgame) it is to allow you to possibly get gear to help you keep going, the ones in cruel especially are crucial to continue progressing, especially in a new league.

What skill gems do you need that you haven't gotten by the end of cruel? Cwdt, multistrike, spell echo? All of these are rare gems and should be more difficult to obtain and if you hadn't gotten one by merciless you can get ONE from the library quest.

FeelsBadMan

The schedule for some class's gem rewards is severely inhibiting, and I can see valid cause for frustration when you're still short on your list but receive mostly rare items throughout merciless; however, in those cases, I believe that frustration should instead be resolved via better normal/cruel reward schedules.

I rather like the rare item rewards when leveling fresh (i.e., without twink gear), but they do grow stale after a while.. it's basically just another random drop with a slight degree of determinism in the base. IMO, some of these quests could receive a random chance at a random gem (non class specific) with random quality, just to spice things up for after rares do grow stale. I'd have absolutely no complaints about that ;) but considering how long this suggestion has been in circulation I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edit: Could also treat these items like whites + free chance orb roll on acquisition. That might be kind of neat. Or slight chance that some items will appear with unbiased socket coloring. Or an even smaller chance that an item might appear uncorrupted with a corruption mod, or roll abnormal mods, or or... Meh, there's a ton of RNG-balanced things that could be done to spice them up ^-^ and I do generally think they could use some spice most of the time.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Dec 18, 2014, 12:35:36 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
@sl4y3r you are completely off topic, that was in cruel, not merciless like op was complaining about.

Item quest rewards are the topic. There is no reason to differentiate.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Item quest rewards are the topic. There is no reason to differentiate.

I didn't add my /s

As for randomizing the gear if you don't need something because of twink gear just yolo and pick something. Hell that belt almost got vendored before even looking at it!

FeelsBadMan

I actually wish some main quests got gear and the optional areas got gems. Would run them then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info