Crit damage broken

A222 and I were testing, there's no recognizable difference between his non crit dmg whirling blades vs my crit damage whirling blades. My weapon is a 178 pdps crit dagger and he has a claw in the 170s. A crit from my wb should be exponentially larger considering the niche gear, node selection, and sacrifice to get crit multi and crit chance. Not only does he seemingly do the same damage (this was a full dps build - non-acro) but he was taking life and acro nodes. His 1.5k life/40% dodge with the same damage as me (1.8k tool tip whirling blades, 1.2k life) showed just how broken crit has become.

A crit nerf was essential, this crit nerf is debilitating to the build. An addders/assassination rebalance is the least that can be done to fix crit. Flicker/wb nerf hit crit the hardest. Before the recent flicker nerf crit dagger was already greatly outmatched vs all mid-top tier sword/board (rt/duelist/shadow/ranger even.

Considering the trend in 1.2 (for those who were aware of LLD then) there like 60% crit dagger dual ungil. Crit dagger have suffered 80%~ dmg nerf, crazy block nerf, and now even more scaled back utility skills. The only incentive to go crit is to feature good damage with lesser-damaged skills to out-maneuver opponents. Crit daggers will never out-pace sword/board due to fight duration, range, skills and attack speed in a strictly melee fight.

Damage scaling is also very weird. Facebreakers can 1-2 shot but crit damage is compeletely crushed. 2h geofri maurauders can insta-kill with cyclone but a crit dagger's dmg (which is already rng based) is nerfed to the ground.

Note the trend of previous crit-daggers gone sword and board. It's a much cheaper and effective route to ranking.

#rebalancecritdaggers
dunno about the numbers are you sure isnt bugged or something? but you saying the meta is changing, but how about 1h sword builds? still being the static top since 2012.
1h sword builds weren't in a good spot in 1.2, where you'd find 50% of the LLD community we're rolling some form of crit shadow, be it hybrid phys light ungils, pure phys crit wb, pure ele crit dual strike, etc.

Now it just seems that crit isn't even worth the investment, seeing as you'd put twice as much to get the same worth as a cheaper sword and board duelst/mara.
really im LLDing since closed beta and always being dominated by Ungils/1h sword block and in some point by the dead viperstrike+conversion trap builds...or you gonna tell me 2h builds had a chance before multistrike and tornado shot.
1h sword has never been too weak, always been viable, and only now has it been best build.

for 2h melee, never been in the top.

the point here isnt either of those two builds, its that now crit is no longer a smart choice, since going crit basically means paying for for a build that's equal to one that costs less.
Am i missing something?

I'll use the formula in DEV's manifesto for my character, i'm most lightning elemental based so i'll use the elemental one:

((D/T)/290)^0,58*290*T

With my double strike i deal 250 average light dmg with 2.2 attacks per second, so the output is ù(counting that "T" is halved for double strike, according to manifesto):

((250/0,22)/290)^0,61*290*0,45 ---> 146 light damage

I have 400% crit multiplier, so that 250 becomes 1000 light damage:

((1000/0,22)/290)^0,61*290*0,45 ---> 341 light damage

Ok, formula does not reflect the 400% multiplier but i more than doubled my damage

Am i missing something? DEVs said something else for crit specifically? or it's just because sword/board are more performant?

PS: i usually lose VS. a good sword player, usually 2-4 or 3-4

Basically the whole discussion is about how crit sucks damage wise, it should be a top end expensive but worth it build, and damage wise it should be on the top of the chain.

What we have though is crit builds are 1.5-2x more expensive and harder to pull off than 1h sword builds, yet have equal or less the perfomance.
I don't know about the numbers, but I know about the results. It's also worth noting that going non-crit 1h sword/shield gives you much stronger nodes, so while going crit may give you a 40% chance to double damage of ur non-crit damage, other builds non-crit damage is damn close to that double damage figure anyway -- with more like, block, penetration etc. The point is that crit daggers were nerfed too heavily in a variety of ways that pushes everyone who use to play them toward sword/shield. It makes no sense how a facebreaker build can deal far more damage than a max crit build.
are you arguing that facebreaker right now is better than crit dagger? Considering how hard it is to land a blow with facebreaker it seems deserved to be able to deal that much damage. Flicker on the other side with crit dagger is infinitely easier to hit people with.

And its not like flicker is/was your only viable skill that you can use.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
I'm not arguing against facebreaker, I'm arguing for crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info