Post-1.3.0 map drops are atrocious. Was there a ninja nerf?

"
Boem wrote:
i ran today

8x 69
2x 70
1x 71
1x 72
1x 73

And i got 2 x 69 in return

=D

Just keep on grinding <.< a bad streak is bound to turn into a good streak.

Peace,

-Boem-

Gambler's fallacy?
No. Large numbers law.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Khisanth wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
i ran today

8x 69
2x 70
1x 71
1x 72
1x 73

And i got 2 x 69 in return

=D

Just keep on grinding <.< a bad streak is bound to turn into a good streak.

Peace,

-Boem-

Gambler's fallacy?

No thats hard data, and my results are nearly identical to his, something has changed with map drops this league, period. As I said before I am OK with Chris scaling back on 77/78 maps. They are far too abundant. My issue is with the fact that this map nerf seems to have affected all maps from 70 and up vs the 77/78 it was intended to specifically target.

Any chance GGG could comment on this, so we know whats going on specifically. There are far to many complaints here and in global for this to be an isolated RNG incident.
Last edited by ChestyPuller on Dec 17, 2014, 11:04:46 PM
Mapping is the worst. I should be able to maintain 75+ by just raring them up.

Honestly, anytime I start running my 73-74 maps seriously (I only have 73s and 74s thanks to Zana and trade chat, mostly trade chat) I just get disappointed.

Think it's time I took an extended break lol. 1.3 is the worst update since I joined the game at the beginning of OB, easily the worst.
Team Won
I've had terrible luck too, but what I find incomprehensible is how do some people get and maintain 75+ 2-3 days starting from scratch and get 95 in a week. Maps just don't drop that much, nor does currency to roll them, it doesn't matter if you clear maps in 5 min.
"
iamsamsara wrote:
we're 5 days into the goddamn league, chill.

This.

Chill the fck out tryhards.
I feel the same. I came back to this game when FM patch came, and map drops were very good. Now map drops are horrid. RNG my ass, they just enjoy nerfing the shit out of this game.

GGG change that there cannot be map drops lower then 2 levels of map we are playing. FOr example, if I play 77 map, let 75 be lowest that can drop. WHo the fuck needs 66 or 67 map on 75+ maps is beyond me. Just plain broken mechanic.
IGN: Perpetual_War / Malacath_
I´m lvl 87 on bloodlines sitting on 69 maps(chiseling all + packsize or magic or beyonders spawn), how funny when others on my lvl chain 74+ maps, that´s actually reason why I "only" play few hours a day last few days. It´s not even fun. RNG is also just excuse from those who usually drop maps. RNG would be if you did not drop map 3 maps in row, then dropped 2, then 1, then no drops again, etc.. not that you don´t get single 70/71 map chaining 69s for 6+ hours and next day you drop first 69 map 4 71s... If it happend once but it happens all the time... no drops at all > map rain > no drops at all > map rain over and over... I know friend who got 17 77+ maps on 1 blue not even chiselled shipyard and now tell me this is rng...

Even Baker lvl 100 HC player said, when he came he always firstly tried couple "low maps" 73-75 maps to try if maps drop and it´s worth running 77+ maps that day..

Btw. When I sold my 6L std shav´s I converted currecy to HC, bought many many 74+ maps and lost all - literaly over 140 74+ maps in under week, now I only have few 74+ maps left there so really not worth for me pushing for 100 on hc too..
Last edited by NarraX1337 on Dec 18, 2014, 3:21:22 AM
Isn't stochastic part of any school system around the age of 14? How old are you guys? O_O
Perception is reality.
Every patch the usual trend. Yes GGG nerfed map drops again. They nerf them every patch.
Inside info let me know that until the next year maps will not drop anymore.
Instead of that, you will drop your maps and the monsters will pick them up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info