Is the written tooltip DPS of spectral throw correct?

"
whoismiked wrote:
I wouldn't consider; needing the exact perfect distance, you and the mob to be in sync, the mob to not move at all, and not be using faster projectiles "extremely easy".

95% of all ranged enemies do simply stand still, meaning they're basically never out of synch either. Faster Projectiles is kinda shite for ST anyways simply because it makes triple-hitting (+50% Damage output) incredibly hard. Getting the 'perfect' distance (which has a fair bit of leeway) is a matter of getting used to it; I can very reliably estimate the correct distance. Additionally, if you simply start while out of range, you automatically get into the correct position.

It's far from difficult, let alone 'nearly impossible', to accomplish a triple-hit. Whether it is worthwhile depends on the enemy you're facing, but there's plenty monsters where it's super simple, if you've ever actually put some effort into learning it.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 18, 2014, 8:45:26 AM
"
whoismiked wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:
ST can hit a fair bit more than twice........projectiles can hit a good 4-5+ times per use.

This is false.

It is true and obvious that the projectiles can hit again on the return, but spectral throw can only hit once (per attack) every 0.3 seconds. It has a small damage cooldown to prevent what you are claiming. Also the projectiles cannot shotgun.

Basically it's nearly impossible to get it to deal damage more than twice to a target per attack.

I'm well aware of the hit-cooldown. Even so, it's not remotely hard, all you need to do is position yourself so that the turnaround point is just behind the enemy that you're aiming to hit.

If you slow down the projectiles, it'll linger even longer, giving even more hits (but lowering the range, pretty significantly). However, even without that it's simple to get more than 2 hits, provided you don't use any increased projectile speed stuff (which makes the projectile not linger in its turnaround point as long, and also makes that point much further away and harder to see/use).

"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's extremely simple to get three hits; simply place an enemy smack-dab on top of the return point, and the slow-arse turn will offer a large enough timespan to get three hits.

Four hits requires Knockback, but the same principle applies; plonk 'em in the return point.

Nah, it doesn't require knockback to get 4, just a larger weapon will do. The hitbox of the ST projectile is based on weapon; two-handed weapons have larger hitboxes for ST than one-handers, making it easier to keep the target within range longer. I use a 2h ST without slower projectiles or knockback in my current setup and I've got no problems hitting (mid/large-sized) stationary targets 4 times. With enemies moving in towards me (staying on top of the projectile as it returns) or with some maneuvering I can push it up to 5.
"
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Wowww. I am to decide between a low life crit Reave shadow or low life crit spectral throw shadow. I guess the answer is clear for me now lol.

Yes neither

LL Pierce Kinetic Blast Scion.

Get with it.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Dec 18, 2014, 8:10:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info