Bugs in bloodlines for dominating blow

These are a list of bugs or weird interactions which i have found so far on my facebreaker dominating blow marauder, note im just starting merciless on this character so i might not have found all of them.

Bond of chaos: Your minion's chaos bond hurts you if its linked to an enemy's chaos bond, if its a bug fixing it so it cannot link to enemies would be the best course of action in my opinion.

Heralds of the Obelisk: The totems will not go away until the minion you converted dies or times out, if its a bug fix it by making the totems go away when last minion is converted or slain.

Living Blood: The spawn does not happen until after the minion times out for dominating blow.

Phylacteral Link: The minion becoming invulnerable can target one of your minions making it so you cant kill the pack because the minion is an ally.

Shared Boon: not sure if this is suppose to be conduit or not, if not then no bug, if so the charges aren't shared with you..

Stuff i haven't tested yet: Bearers of the Guardian, Order of the Frozen sky.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
stools wrote:
These are a list of bugs or weird interactions which i have found so far on my facebreaker dominating blow marauder, note im just starting merciless on this character so i might not have found all of them.

Bond of chaos: Your minion's chaos bond hurts you if its linked to an enemy's chaos bond, if its a bug fixing it so it cannot link to enemies would be the best course of action in my opinion.

Heralds of the Obelisk: The totems will not go away until the minion you converted dies or times out, if its a bug fix it by making the totems go away when last minion is converted or slain.

Living Blood: The spawn does not happen until after the minion times out for dominating blow.

Phylacteral Link: The minion becoming invulnerable can target one of your minions making it so you cant kill the pack because the minion is an ally.

Shared Boon: not sure if this is suppose to be conduit or not, if not then no bug, if so the charges aren't shared with you..

Stuff i haven't tested yet: Bearers of the Guardian, Order of the Frozen sky.
These interactions are intentional, as dominated monsters who are part of a Bloodline pack are still part of that pack even though they are now your minion. So any mechanics that occur when the entire pack is dead (Living Blood boss spawning, or Heralds of the Obelisk totems dying) will only occur when the dominated pack members also die.
If thats the case then dom blow has no place in the game anymore since its literally suicide.

Corrupting blood is the worst because when they cease to exist you get the stack and it appears to be buffed by you so you prettymuch die instantly if a bunch of them ends at the same time.

Atleast keep it consistent if its intentional, I want *my* dominated minions dead obelisks to attack the enemy then when they expire and the entire pack isnt dead yet chaos bonds that are mine shouldnt burn me anymore, etc. Oh, and my dominated corrupting bloodlines should apply to the minion that killed them when they die, not me.

P.S almost a year nerco, blame reddit, they linked it. :D
Last edited by Terrah on Nov 23, 2015, 5:25:32 PM
"
Jason_GGG wrote:
These interactions are intentional, as dominated monsters who are part of a Bloodline pack are still part of that pack even though they are now your minion. So any mechanics that occur when the entire pack is dead (Living Blood boss spawning, or Heralds of the Obelisk totems dying) will only occur when the dominated pack members also die.

I respect the choices made by Grinding Gear Games but in the case of Bloodlines versus Dominating Blow I must say my piece.

It is absolutely a terrible choice improving no single aspect of the game while making the Dominating Blow skill absolutely unjustifiably dangerous effectively stripping build diversity from the game.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info