What is charge ?

Hi Im new to poe and i just got a gem with a discharge skill for my witch, but
i dont understand how the charge works..i dont see or get any charges from anything ??

So would somone plz tell me what charge is and how to use it
"
Hyberpsycrow wrote:
Hi Im new to poe and i just got a gem with a discharge skill for my witch, but
i dont understand how the charge works..i dont see or get any charges from anything ??

So would somone plz tell me what charge is and how to use it

great resource for anything PoE: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

so, charge entry: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Charge
double post
Last edited by grepman on Dec 17, 2014, 4:43:35 PM
Me and my friend dont understand anything aboutthis power charge..Were do we get it from ??
It seems like its a passive skill...thats shows blue orbs..but nada zero zip is shown for us..we dont get any charge...nada !!!!

So i ask again...were r how do we generate this charge from ???????
There are a number of ways to generate power charges, the most common method for casters is through the use of the Skill Gem - Power Siphon, which is an attack gem that generates charges when an enemy is killed (either directly or shortly after being hit by the attack).

You can also use a Support Gem called Power Charge on Critical Strike, which generates a power charge when you score a critical hit on an enemy.

On the Passive Tree there are nodes which will give you extra Power Charges, as a default you can only stacks a maximum of 3. However you can also find gear that allows more Charges to be generated.

Hope this helps.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"

On the Passive Tree there are nodes which will give you extra Power Charges, as a default you can only stacks a maximum of 3. However you can also find gear that allows more Charges to be generated.

Just so we're clear as OP seems to be confused, the passive nodes increase the maximum number of charges you can hold at once - you still need to generate the charges somehow.

As of 1.3, there are now two notable passives in the Templar area (on the big staff wheel) that have a chance to grant charges under certain circumstances. Other than that, to generate charges you need to get them from skills, support gems and item bonuses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info