Economy still sucks as hell in this game

Here is may gear. I haven't changed my weapon for several levels now.

Spoiler

Passive tree:
I've invested in mele damage and strength as i am a mele character.

Last edited by Martinezz123 on Dec 19, 2014, 10:06:43 AM
You have 3-4 different skills in your items, I don't know which one you even use as a primary attack. I am going to assume you only use heavy strike for things that don't die to whatever aoe attack you use.

Where did you get the idea for the tree? Quite a few things wrong with it and that is to be expected as without great knowledge of the tree\passives and what the endgame goal is players end up missing key nodes in the area they start and go about getting points in the tree in-efficient.

For example with most melee builds early you want to get resolute technique you are actually really close to it on your current tree, it allows for you to never miss attacks, but you never do critical strikes, this is fine to pickup on almost any melee build and with
(its a form of a currency in the game, typically 2 chaos orbs per 1 regret) or with the passive respects you get from the game quest you can undo it later if you decide to go crit (probably not ideal for most builds on the left part of the tree)

I'd personally recommend finding a melee build that you want to follow and go with it. Do you have someone you've watched and want to follow or think that build would be nice for you?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
OP complains about the poor drops and the inability to progress self found, you teach him this and that. Like it'll change any of his complaints.

Martinez I'll try to find you later on to give you some items in standard. Problem (not) solved.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
OP complains about the poor drops and the inability to progress self found, you teach him this and that. Like it'll change any of his complaints.

Martinez I'll try to find you later on to give you some items in standard. Problem (not) solved.

OP is a confused player that don't know whats going on, thats perfectly fine.

If you teach a man to fish for gear hes set for life, but if you give him gear hes only good until he needs more.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Sorry man, that passive tree build is so bad you should just scrap that character and start over. It's going to be way more expensive to fix it than starting over, because Regret Orbs are rarity-balanced for much higher level characters than what you've got. Try again in gameplay help forum:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/gameplay-help

Some notes:
-You need to get some defenses, particularly +Life. A rough guide: the +% Life multiplier from passives should be slightly higher than your level, starting from level 30 onward. This keeps you from getting stunned as often or kiting as much, so you can maintain your DPS uptime.
-Don't get stats (Str, Dex, Int) just to get stats. They are pretty much the worst nodes on the tree for nearly every character. You should only get them to reach to clusters that are good and then spend your points on the cluster. Finding ways to spend less points on the travel nodes is a big deal on optimizing your character. When you need the stats, wait until you can't level a gem due to a deficiency, then pick one of the +30 nodes.
-On the passive tree, you either boost attacks or casts, you don't pick both.
They want the game to be punishing. You want the game to be easier. I doubt they're going to change their design philosophy to please you, because it would ruin the game for the base of players who have supported them this far.

The drops aren't "crap". You've assessed them as crap because you're comparing them to optimal gear that you see online. Quit it. Your first character in a new league has to learn to make do with what they find (unless you trade). Your second will have hand-me-downs from the first and will have a much easier time of it.

If they bought into your idea, the first character you made would have an easy time of it and the second would be so boring to play that no one would play a second character.
"
Martinezz123 wrote:
I haven't been playing for a year and came back today.

I couldn't upgrade anything from my stuff even thou I've been playing for a whole day.
I get white and blue garbage whole the time even for killing the strongest opponents.
This is totally disappointing.

What's more I'm lvl 42 and I steel die on 33lvl maps.
You've promised strengthening the mele characters. I had to assign all the points again. And what? I don't see any difference.

This game is still unrewarding.

I'm really not sure if the OP is serious or if it is a 10/10 troll post. I mean let's face it, playing the game before entering maps is as easy as can be! Even solo selffound there is no way that you can die as a lvl 42 char in a lvl 33 area until you make EVERYTHING wrong. And by EVERYTHING I mean things like not spending a single point in the skilltree & playing almost naked just with Shackles of the Wretched plus a vulnerability gem.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I'm not asking the game to be an easy one. Don't be ridiculous.
I'm not asking for a full change of gear every hour.
But no real drops for two full days of playing means that's something wrong with this game.
If being the game punishing "is their philosophy" then sorry I'm out of here.

About the tree:
Well maybe I've made some mistakes but the idea of going for the clusters was known to me. That's what I did with the lower path. I went for physical damage clusters.
I die generally when augmented opponents spawn. Sometimes there is plenty of them. In my opinion I should be able to sweep them just like that on 33lvl map.

And I'm not a noob or a troll.
If things are like that in this game, and are meant to be, that means this was a bad come back.
I'll go play something else.
"
Martinezz123 wrote:
I'm not asking the game to be an easy one. Don't be ridiculous.
I'm not asking for a full change of gear every hour.
But no real drops for two full days of playing means that's something wrong with this game.

Do you know that the vendors have different gear every time you reach a new level? I'm not making fun of you it's just I'm really unable to find a problem because I never had a problem with anything in this game before my chars started mapping.

"

I'll go play something else.

Please don't! Just give it another try. Try to check the class forums there are plenty of working builds.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Dec 19, 2014, 1:06:16 PM
"
Martinezz123 wrote:
I've invested in melee damage and strength as I am a melee character.

Sorry, but you have not... I count 15 skill points that are wasted for a melee character. That's about 1/3 of your total.

The detour on top towards Deep Wisdom does nothing for you and waste 11 SP. There are two useless Strength +10's by your starting point, and Expertise and Ancestral Knowledge should not be needed.

The +10 nodes for attributes are not very useful in themselves. Aim to hit as few of them as possible, even for your main stat.

For a build to work well, it needs to be focused. As an endgame melee character, you need:
1. Life
2. Life
3. Life
4. Protection against elemental/spell
5. Damage

It'll be better for you to start a new character. Try following some of the guides in the 'Class Discussion' forums. I know they helped me a lot seeing how you need to put a build together for it to work.

Here are a couple of nice melee guide examples:
Sowyn's Lazy Pally: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/105920
Groundslammer: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73072
Last edited by Cyzax on Dec 20, 2014, 6:51:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info