Which CoC dagger is better? (both are bad to be honest)

This one was my old one, and to be honest at level 68-73 maps seems like I one shot everything as long as it's not ele resist, then it's 2-4 normally.

Finally got an ambusher and scoured and alc'd it and got this. I tried to add attack speed but alas no more suffix mod.

I think the second is better? Because the first only has slight more main weapon crit? But does global crit from the second dagger add onto the base crit shown on the actual weapon? Plus it has .20 more attack speed which would believe me to think it would end up critting a lot more?

My thing isn't the spell damage seen on the second dagger like I said I clear things fast enough I just want more crits per second because sometimes (rarely) I don't crit soon enough and in some very few instances I get killed from getting a very unlucky streak of no crit casts going off.

Also is there any worth on doing anything to that second dagger? As in exalt or something?
Clearly the 2nd...it has a lower base crit, but not enough to pass up the better state line up...also attack speed isn't as important as it once was with the nerf to CoC...went from .10 cd to .50, once you reach a certain attack speed you hit the CD.
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Dec 17, 2014, 4:38:16 PM
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
Clearly the 2nd...it has a lower base crit, but not enough to pass up the better state line up...also attack speed isn't as important as it once was with the nerf to CoC...went from .10 cd to .50, once you reach a certain attack speed you hit the CD.

Uhh... it went from 0.01 cd (100/second) to 0.05 cooldown (20/second).

Attack speed is still an extremely valuable, multiplicative CoC bonus for a long time. Long past where these daggers are.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
justinmm1988 wrote:

Uhh... it went from 0.01 cd (100/second) to 0.05 cooldown (20/second).

Attack speed is still an extremely valuable, multiplicative CoC bonus for a long time. Long past where these daggers are.

It went from .10 millisecond Cd to .50 just what I said, it's right on poe-wiki..and as for attack speed thats not what all the chat'r says in the "shatter chuck build" of course I guess that could be just for wands with barrage, but I would think it would also be for daggers.

Copy and Pasted

Patch ... 1.0.5 > Cast on Critical Strike now has a 10 millisecond cooldown.
Patch ....1.3.0 > Cast on Critical Strike's cooldown has been increased from 0.01 seconds to 0.05 seconds.

Cooldown Time: When a supported spell is successfully cast, it and all supported spells of the same name are put on cooldown for 50 milliseconds.
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Dec 17, 2014, 7:31:46 PM
Justin, 10 milliseconds is not 0.1 seconds...

The CoC nerf is only relevant once you're hitting 20+ times a second.
Like my quill rain barrage CoC, which fired 40 arrows/sec. RIP.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
"
Justin, 10 milliseconds is not 0.1 seconds...

The CoC nerf is only relevant once you're hitting 20+ times a second.
Like my quill rain barrage CoC, which fired 40 arrows/sec. RIP.

You knew what I meant tho! And idk, I differently noticed a difference on my shatter chuck and I doubt I fire 20+ a second! lol...used to fire off so many spells it was like a sheet of ice coming out because the spells were so clustered, now I notice every single spell thats triggered. So idk about that man, sounds off!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Dec 17, 2014, 8:01:31 PM
Well, that's 20 times per second for even attack spacing over the second. As 1/20 = 0.05, which happens to be the CoC cooldown now.

Barrage fires in bursts though, and if it crits, all the attacks from that barrage crit, which leads to the 'waves' of spells cast via CoC.
Keep in mind that I said "hitting" 20 times per second, with barrage+GMP that would be 2.5 aps.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
"
Well, that's 20 times per second for even attack spacing over the second. As 1/20 = 0.05, which happens to be the CoC cooldown now.

Barrage fires in bursts though, and if it crits, all the attacks from that barrage crit, which leads to the 'waves' of spells cast via CoC.
Keep in mind that I said "hitting" 20 times per second, with barrage+GMP that would be 2.5 aps.

That's probably it then, I think i'm at 2.6 aps or 2.7...don't feel like logging in to check, I started up a new guy once I noticed a difference. Just didn't feel the same, didn't enjoy it as much! I was doing good too, crit capped barrage with 6 charges, 94% accuracy :/
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Dec 17, 2014, 8:16:44 PM
I was at 5 aps barrage (8 arrows per barrage) before the nerf.
I don't even need to login and respec that character to know it has been rekt. :(
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info