Died to a strongbox

,,,u makign fun of who I rite standart?

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
BMBI is right.
your character is extremely surprised by the extremely surprising ambush, despite deliberately opening a box, which has "MONSTERS INSIDE!" written on it in a giant, human-sized font.
the "surprise/utter-shock duration" if you will, is the period during which he/she is unable to move, drink flasks, or open a game client menu.
this duration is calculated by a complex formula, which factors in how surprising the surprise actually was + a universal (negative) differential score of your PC compared to Slayer's.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I followed the good advice to pack around a lightning warp gem just for opening strongboxes. Click to warp to the edge of the screen (preferably out a door) wait half a second, and click on the box right before you teleport. I usually have my finger over my "cannot be frozen" potion, too.
A SSD will help dramatically. It is a good investment and you won't regret it, not just for gamimg.
If you don't have Lightning Warp, Decoy Totem will usually buy you enough time to not die to Rogue lag (unless it's maybe Rogue + 3x rares + 3x magic mobs or something crazy). It's worth tossing out until you get to maps at any rate.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Dec 18, 2014, 2:21:21 AM
Why not just get a SSD? Even a tiny 32gb would be more than enough for POE and the pagefile. That's like what, 30 bucks?
Perception is reality.
If you don't use lite warp/smoke mine or some other mitigation you can't really complain when you die to opening a box in melee range.
I died in one week to box freeze, level 81 in 68 map. I got SSD and boxes are not usually a problem but this time game took its time after opening the box. Shit happens;/ I am not sure if warp works well now but in the past it used to teleport all monsters from the box with you sometimes.
If you can use smoke mine (100% fool proof for me) or throw cold snap trap (trap will give you extra 2-3 seconds of "invulnerability" so to say).
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
ladish wrote:
If you don't use lite warp/smoke mine or some other mitigation you can't really complain when you die to opening a box in melee range.

Totems can also help, flasks with heat or dousing affixes, quartz flasks, and an SSD will alleviate much of the load lock up.

Unavoidable deaths can still happen despite your best efforts. It is the joy and the pain of strongboxes.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Only playing this on computers with an SSD. And boxes still freeze the game for quite a while.
If you have an ATI card, chances are an SSD will not fix your freeze issues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info