I figured out how people price the uniques !

Be the first to drop a Kaom`s Sign Ring for example and you can post it for 1 Exa on poe.xyz , easy !
Be the first to drop a Crown Of thorns and you can post it for 1 Exa on poe.xyz , easy money ! Everybody will belive that kaom`s sign and crown of thorns are the new unique flavours ...

Wow just wow people ...

Asked somebody for X unique Item why won`t they go under 2 exalts , in standard the price is like 2-10 chaos depends on rolls ...

He/She Replayed : Nobody on poe listed it lower....

My reaction : wow...
oh look

this thread again
rofl
Yeah, there seems to be a widespread misinterpretation of how poe.trade works and what the lists actually represent. Because reasonably priced items get constantly removed from the listing, prices shown tend to be too high to attract buyers.
It's fine and more or less in check as long as there is a certain amount of lets say Unique X for comparison. But I've seen prices going crazy just because the last item left had an insane buyout (which in this case was the price the owner was willing to part with a league exclusive unique - fair enough). Instead of checking the reason behind that 10x jump in price, people just listed theirs for the same. Took about three weeks for things to get back to normal levels and probably a lot of silent QQ and wondering why nobody was buying :-D

"
Alysma wrote:
Yeah, there seems to be a widespread misinterpretation of how poe.trade works and what the lists actually represent. Because reasonably priced items get constantly removed from the listing, prices shown tend to be too high to attract buyers.
It's fine and more or less in check as long as there is a certain amount of lets say Unique X for comparison. But I've seen prices going crazy just because the last item left had an insane buyout (which in this case was the price the owner was willing to part with a league exclusive unique - fair enough). Instead of checking the reason behind that 10x jump in price, people just listed theirs for the same. Took about three weeks for things to get back to normal levels and probably a lot of silent QQ and wondering why nobody was buying :-D

/fact
wow just wow

for see for try and for know
Can you blame people? There is no reliable way of knowing what something may be worth, and not everyone is a trading expert. If someone asks in global, they're told their item is 20c, or they get whispered by low-ballers.

Pricing at or slightly below poe.trade listings is the most sensible approach, even if it may not always be the commonly accepted price. If an item was listed for around 2ex numerous times and someone offered 2c, I would put them ignore without answering.
Pro-Tip: item prices are not determined by listings on a website. If you want to know more go to elementary school.

Spoiler
I like reading threads like this because its blows my mind that people play this game and still don't understand how basic supply and demand work. I'm in no way pretending to be a PHD in economics but come on...I understood the basics of this stuff in middle school. It is amazing that people can really be that ignorant.
"
Mivo wrote:
Can you blame people? There is no reliable way of knowing what something may be worth, and not everyone is a trading expert. If someone asks in global, they're told their item is 20c, or they get whispered by low-ballers.

Pricing at or slightly below poe.trade listings is the most sensible approach, even if it may not always be the commonly accepted price. If an item was listed for around 2ex numerous times and someone offered 2c, I would put them ignore without answering.

This. WTB AH and Auctioneer...
"
htblind wrote:

Asked somebody for X unique Item why won`t they go under 2 exalts , in standard the price is like 2-10 chaos depends on rolls ...

so? if you want to buy the item for the standard league price, go buy it in standard league...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info