Order of the Frozen Sky 'bout to get NERFHAMMERED!

"
when fucking Cows will be shooting lasers out of their titties with sharks as their butthole.
care to elaborate ? such vivid imagery.
If they want to make it proper Hard Core, you'd die in real life when you die in game. Or at least, like, get a stubbed toe or something.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Wouldn't it be better from a true hardcore perspective to bump the other Bloodlines up to the danger level of Frozen Sky? Won't this 'nerf' further casualize hardcore?

Some Bloodline mods are already quite good, like Bond of Chaos, Heralds of the Obelisk, Living Blood etc. But honestly, most are so easy they pose zero threat whatsoever. Corrupted Bloodline, all Pulsebloods, both Legacies, Mark of the Cannibal when you stop using autoattack, Union of Souls etc.. Some of them are so insignificant I still have no idea what they do. If they nerf Frozen Sky (please don't) they need to buff these.
"
FadeXF wrote:
I saw a few youtube vids of Frozen Sky - seeing peeps with pure block and max res vs mobs equal to, and even lower level to them get completely annihilated within literally 2 seconds... 100 to 0 including pot pops....

If that is casual vs hardcore vs BALANCING SOMETHING FUCKING BROKEN LIKE OBVIOUSLY FUCKING BROKEN - then I dunno about humanity.

I'm too casual to experience it myself. I'M casual. That's a fact. Nerfing something obviously broken as fuck is NOT casual. Which is also a fact.

Dude we need the hc vs sc butthurt, stop being so rational :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
I'm still back at someone thinking level 60+ on a relatively fresh hardcore league is 'casual'.

That's some seriously lost perspective.

Pyrokar: know.

If you mean my comment, I never said he is casual because his char lvl.

I just pointed his lvl because that means he is not mapping yet. Atleast not on those maps I said(Dark forest, Underground River).

Robotamen, I have no idea what you are talking about, I cant comment any of that. If you want hc vs sc fight, you gotta challenge someone else.
"
If they want to make it proper Hard Core, you'd die in real life when you die in game. Or at least, like, get a stubbed toe or something.

Agreed. There needs to be some real suffering. Frozen Sky helps provide it. It's a good push in the right direction :D
"
Wouldn't it be better from a true hardcore perspective to bump the other Bloodlines up to the danger level of Frozen Sky? Won't this 'nerf' further casualize hardcore?

Yeah. This game is path of nurfs. GGG has not heard about BUFFING things. They are like Blizzard 2.0. They already nerfed block and crit, and now they are going to nerf Frozen Sky. Didn't they hear about FUN?! A balanced game is not fun, you NEED those imbalances!
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Dec 17, 2014, 10:43:09 PM
"
Or, you know. You could sit back and realise that 'nerf' and 'buff' are just two sides to the same spinning coin called 'balance'.

A 'nerf' to a monster skill is essentially a 'buff' to player power.

That's a really sane way of looking at it. :)
"
Or, you know. You could sit back and realise that 'nerf' and 'buff' are just two sides to the same spinning coin called 'balance'.

A 'nerf' to a monster skill is essentially a 'buff' to player power.

I guess sarcasm and irony don't translate too well on the internetz, :P

Poe's law.

Explanation: nerfing reduces player power or monster power, the logic of nerf haters is inherently flawed and non consistent, I wanted to show the contradiction. I've even tried to write like I_NO, but I suck at writing.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Dec 17, 2014, 10:20:55 PM
This forum is like your virtual kingdom, I'm not judging.

Nerf is poorly defined, I agree. It's hard to talk rationally about it when people only use mental ideas, and not solid concepts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info