If You're Going to Full Clear Orchard....

....and it is unidentified w/ elemental weakness and beyond mod (awesome mod btw), make sure you bring your army of Catarina friends with you. Btw, how is this boss ok for a level 66 map?

Spoiler

Spoiler
Last edited by Nubatron on Dec 17, 2014, 6:13:58 AM
I was thinking of this when i've read the title:

Last edited by Tom7i on Dec 17, 2014, 8:00:37 AM
"
Tom7i wrote:
I was thinking of this when i've read the title:

Hahahaha, nice.

It actually wasn't too bad with the horde of Catarina zombies -- lucky I guess. I didn't intend to knock out the full clear at such a low level but the zombie fest convinced me to do it. Inside the boss room were tons of monkeys, which in turned spawned a beyond group. That is exactly what that boss needed!

They should take that boss one step further toward 'fun' and make it randomly pop up throughout the map.
Its not bad until you get a tormented martyr in the boss room.

No, seriously, this just happened at me.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Orchard boss isn't too bad I find. I hate doing him on melee because he desyncs a lot but as a range he's fairly easy. I prefer him to the Flameblast exile for example.
Is this Reddit?

XD
"
Namcap wrote:
Orchard boss isn't too bad I find. I hate doing him on melee because he desyncs a lot but as a range he's fairly easy. I prefer him to the Flameblast exile for example.

Agree, very build specific and mostly dodgable mechanics with a ranged. For Melee, that boss is rough well into the 70s without very nice equipment that a lowbie typically would not have.

I tend to think of the level 66 maps as two things:

1. Start line for mapping. (of course)
2. Introduction to mapping for newbies.

For #2, this map is a noob bear trap.

All that aside, just make sure you have Catarina and a level 10 could clear this map. Finishing the Catarina quest is a different story though :)
Yeah, as mentioned, Tunneltrap is an unremarkable boss when you fight him on a Evasion / Dodge build (a bow Ranger or a Shadowed-based wander). No particular reason to skip him.

He is a lot more dangerous than any of the other level 66 bosses though, to be sure. Overall, a lot of the map bosses are poorly balanced for the map level they appear in. Merveil is fairly dangerous in any of her incarnations, but then you have absurdly easy bosses like the "allies-can't-die" golem (L73) and the totem boss (L70).
"
HoosTrax wrote:
He is a lot more dangerous than any of the other level 66 bosses though, to be sure. Overall, a lot of the map bosses are poorly balanced for the map level they appear in. Merveil is fairly dangerous in any of her incarnations, but then you have absurdly easy bosses like the "allies-can't-die" golem (L73) and the totem boss (L70).

But then we're back to the "specific builds" argument. That golem is hilariously easy if you're playing Glacial Hammer + Elemental Proliferation :)

In fact, it might be worthwhile to bring those two gems with you if you're a melee character that can handle the int requirement.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Every boss is easy with my summoner! :D.... Except Merveil
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info