Righteous fire and weapon swap?

I've been theory building a righteous fire build and I ran into a question I'd like answered.

Let's say I have righteous fire in a 6 socket two handed weapon.
All of the other sockets are filled with support gems like fire penetration, increased burning damage, item rarity, etc.

Now let's say, after casting righteous fire, I swap weapons.

-I know that righteous fire will still be cast, but will the effects from the support gems remain?
-What about any effects from the 2 handed weapon?
-Will any affects be added to righteous fire if the new weapons have applicable buffs?
-What happens if the swap changes my max hp or es?
afaik, removing the gem (or swaping to the other weapon slot when socketed in weapon/shield) removes all the effects except the self-burn

if you change your gear (ie swaping weapon sets while having the gem in some other piece of equip) all effects will adapt to the new stats immediately

btw:

not sure what you want to achieve with fire penetration gem. To penetrate something, you must hit it first. Damage over time does not hit. Or do you use it only to get tiny fire damage bonus from quality?

what kind of 2H bonuses you want to benefit from? the only one affecting RF burn damage would be %increased fire damage on staff

how do you counter self-burn as a 2H user?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Dec 17, 2014, 1:30:40 PM
I was just hoping for an exploit. Being able to support righteous fire with one weapon then swapping to the typical shield combo after cast. o well, back to the drawing board

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info