Why are the Duelist's quest rewards so... garbage?

Spoiler

Seriously... they get Chance to flee offered like 4 times, same with faster projectiles, LMP, and melee damage on full life, which no none-CI character uses, and how many times does duelist go CI?

Spoiler

They get certain gems offered only once, or not at all. I can't remember if I ever got offered Enduring Cry as a quest reward. At merciless, do we REALLY need Lightning Strike, poison arrow, or flammability (whats with the random curse?)?

Maybe more people would roll Duelist if their gem choices weren't so bad.

Last edited by Waves_blade on Dec 16, 2014, 8:06:59 PM
At least you can get Added Fire now as your first support gem instead of Additional Accuracy :F But yeah, it's pretty dumb still. About Enduring Cry, ir gets offered but you need to pass up Hatred, Leap Slam or Herald of Ash for it, not cool.

"
Waves_blade wrote:
melee damage on full life, which no none-CI character uses

Stunlock guys use it frequently. The monsters don't do shit, you recover to full life, you deal +50% damage instead of Added Fire's puny +20%.

But the Duelist does get it offered a god awful number of times. He really could stand to have one or two more chances to grab

It's such an essential support gem, as important as oxygen.

Marauder and Templar both get Faster Attacks twice, and back in the day when the amount of IAS% on the stat tree was about 20% total, it used to be as badass as Melee Physical.
Templar's choices could definitely use some work too. I'm finally playing one this patch and at least half the time, there wasn't a single gem I needed. I'll definitely agree that all the classes could use some work on this.
You also only get offered Melee Physical Damage (not on full life) once from Mercy Mission in Cruel...and they just had to add Reduced Mana to that quest reward when they gave it to every class.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Dec 16, 2014, 11:40:27 PM
I'll add that some quests have dull rewards in general. Rare, unidentified items are useless. Gems are only thing that should ever be give as quest rewards, and these should be good.
Or make those reward items really good, I dunno, make them identified, fully linked, or at least allow to chose between, say, 5 chaos-rolls of each type?

One unidentified item of one type, that is most likely to be not even linked is 95% a vendor trash, even when leveling up.
Monsters giving even better loot now (Tormented guys, ambush chests) makes the one rare items even less worthy to do a whole quest about.

Many quests have stupidly bad gems on them, too.

Honestly, optional areas like dread thicket, and so on, should give some good objective to clear them (for the first time, this might be quest, or something). I can't quite remember when I did it last... maybe when I first entered it.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Dec 17, 2014, 6:40:40 AM
Obviously, duelist is the master-race this season and as such he had to be toned down.

Giving him chance % to flee accomplished this task.

Spoiler
bumpy and +1 sir

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Agree that the quest reward gems need an overhaul.

notuseless at all m8
"
Boem wrote:
Obviously, duelist is the master-race this season and as such he had to be toned down.

Giving him chance % to flee accomplished this task.

Spoiler
bumpy and +1 sir

Peace,

-Boem-

obviously that's complete horseshit. obviously.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info