Imagine if we could delvl on death

"
"
HoosTrax wrote:
I wish I could, so I could delevel one of my characters down to the 70s to use for leveling my gems.

After doing each Act something like 30 times each, I want to puke at the thought of leveling another character.

Wait, you want to delevel a char so you could level low level gems so what part of the game would you farm considering deleveling would also make your char weaker since, lvl reqs wouldnt be met anymore and such.

I would farm Lunaris 3 with a level 68ish char to avoid the severe experience penalty associated with using my 83-90 chars.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but it doesn't matter if the gems I'm trying to level are usable by my character or not. I have gems slotted in my secondary set, weapon, and chest armor on my Bringer of Rain / Facebreaker build -- just because none of them are usable doesn't mean that they don't gain EXP like normal.

I just need to temporarily equip something like Astramentis or Carnage Heart + Perandus Blazon to meet the attribute requirements to equip the gems, then put on my regular jewelry. (I hope they don't fix this mechanic at some point, considering they did remove snapshotting...)

Ranger with a Harbinger Bow (level 68 requirement I think?) would probably work ok as well -- the main threat in Lunaris 3 are the machine gun tittie-bitches, which Ondar's Guile and Acrobatics should take care of -- everything else should be manually dodgeable.
Last edited by HoosTrax on Dec 16, 2014, 5:11:16 PM
"

I would farm Lunaris 3 with a level 68ish char to avoid the severe experience penalty associated with using my 83-90 chars.

Gem experience is not restricted by player level boundaries, so a high level characters might not gain experience from low level enemies, but the gem will continue to gain the 10% it normally would.

In other words, it doesn't matter if you're level 68 or 95 if you want to level gems in Lunaris. They'll get the same amount of exp!

SOURCE:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Skills
Last edited by Mr_Mustasch on Dec 16, 2014, 5:24:43 PM
"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:
"

Gem experience is not restricted by player level boundaries, so a high level characters might not gain experience from low level enemies, but the gem will continue to gain the 10% it normally would.

In other words, it doesn't matter if you're level 68 or 95 if you want to level gems in Lunaris. They'll get the same amount of exp!

SOURCE:

Ahhh, thanks for clarifying!

I guess, knowing that, it'd be interesting to do a study to find the optimal place to level gems. Lunaris has pretty good mob density and short distances between mob packs, but I wonder if that's offset by the higher amount of EXP given by mobs in higher level maps.
Last edited by HoosTrax on Dec 16, 2014, 5:49:44 PM
"
HoosTrax wrote:
"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:
"

SOURCE:

Ahhh, thanks for clarifying!

I guess, knowing that, it'd be interesting to do a study to find the optimal place to level gems. Lunaris has pretty good mob density and short distances between mob packs, but I wonder if that's offset by the higher amount of EXP given by mobs in higher level maps.

And so a I_NO thread educated someone, who woudda thought? Happy lvling!
For those of us that play the only leagues that matter we lose every level on death.
"
Brelm wrote:
For those of us that play the only leagues that matter we lose every level on death.

fuck outta here with that bullshit. don't derail. play what you enjoy and let others have their fun
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Oh how hilarious this forum would be.

imagine if your character became useless on death

oh wait that's just the superior hardcore league
Beyond league.
"

Imagine if HC was in fact "HC".
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Dec 17, 2014, 9:25:52 AM
In bloodlines you dlvl to 1 on death.
Huh?
"
Derpey wrote:
"

Imagine if HC was in fact "HC".

Also called 3 second logout timer league. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info