frozen sky

"
Unless you're melee I guess

Besides the typical "softcore has to be fun and rewarding and hardcore has to be a miserable imbalanced experience with no added reward" GGG approach to designing challenge leagues, this one in particular was such a ridiculous slap into the face of all things melee.
There isn't a single mod that melee deals with more easily than ranged. Everything is either annoying, stupidly easy, or almost guaranteed death to melee (except of course, frozen sky which doesn't discriminate).

Just had my melee character get absolutely vaporized in Lunaris by a pack of otherworldly melee mobs that didn't even have a damage mod, through 7 endurance charges and a 100% iron skin granite (90% phys reduction).
I mean I got gibbed faster than frozen sky could ever hope to kill you.

Peace out melee, it's been not fun.
Last edited by boof on Dec 17, 2014, 2:00:10 AM
"
Grimlocke_ wrote:
If you encounter a frozen sky pack tight together, they will insta-kill you from off-screen, you won't even know what hit you. There is no defense atm, sapphire flask doesn't help. I don't think there is even enough time for a log-out trigger to kick in entirely.

Best thing to do atm.. staying in 59- areas till regular GGG mistakes get fixed.

This is not true.

While frozen sky packs are very dangerous, they are not THAT bad. After all, look at the ladder, I doubt 100 players get to lvl 80+ by farming sins.

Keep moving (then the ice rain will miss you), and have a solid flask/gear/CoDT setup. You will PROBABLY die to something else before the order gets you :)
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Dec 17, 2014, 3:27:38 AM
"
boof wrote:

There isn't a single mod that melee deals with more easily than ranged. ...(except of course, frozen sky which doesn't discriminate)

So you agree that more mods should be like OotFS?
:D

Haven't met those, yet, and since I don't have the time to play a lot until the weekend, I probably won't meet them for a while. I hope that until I do they're either nerfed a bit or you're all exaggerating.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133168#p9516051

"
Chris wrote:
"
Yes, but...Frozen Sky?

Patch 1.3.0d, scheduled for tomorrow.

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info