GGG had a way to fix Shock Nova, they even coded it and ...

keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

You don't want to harm those closest to you, do you? ;P
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
They made a new melee skill called Static strike
gave it the effect that shock nova should have
and leave shock nova to crap

that pulsing effect was the salvation for shock nova

dear GGG Quality over quantity
please fix skills before making more

AMEN BROTHER !

I always criticized that, too....they add and add and keep adding stuff but they must FIX, FIX, FIX more.

just my 50 cents...

Pretty sure that, if there's long-standing stuff in need of a fix, it's not an easy fix. Not sure I wanna wait for all the tough nuts to be cracked, before seeing anything new. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
shock nova is fine

its a special skil thats usefull in some real rare builds

its also a fun skill to do challenges whit ( :) )

not all skills need to be 100% useful ( els u can alwase go frost nova )
@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
"
dragnar wrote:

Like what builds, the only thing I remember using it for was linked with ele prolif to prolif shocks on quality one.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
dragnar wrote:

Like what builds, the only thing I remember using it for was linked with ele prolif to prolif shocks on quality one.

try stunn / Knockback and real fast cast speed ( mobs wont be able to touch u )
I spent a lot of time in 1.2 designing a build for shock nova and I finally made it viable. But honestly it sucked I might of well switched out a portal gem for it.

I find it hard to believe anyone uses the hole in shocknova and if so why don't Chris make and example and point the build out because I plainly don't believe him.

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
They made a new melee skill called Static strike
gave it the effect that shock nova should have
and leave shock nova to crap

that pulsing effect was the salvation for shock nova

dear GGG Quality over quantity
please fix skills before making more

The best solution would be for it to stop dropping, but you can imagine the QQ if we had another legacy gem.

It is not a fixable skill. It needs to be overhauled. What's the point?
Since this thread likes to repeat itself, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, I'll just keep repeating myself, over and over and...

It used to be, that Shock Nova was given much greater potency than your standard aoe/nova spell, in lieu of its drawbacks. Imo, its quality bonus is still very relevant, albeit a little less alluring without multiple shock stacks (noprolif=nobiggie now, and SN could shock an entire pack faster than any other skill), although its damage may be less impressive now than it used to be.

Just give it a min-roll damage buff and call it a day (so it isn't so "lightning spiky" on top of being difficult to aim; i.e., so your successful "hits" don't "miss" their damage rolls as often). For serious, it's an artefact of a bygone era, and if you don't like the skill then don't use it. If you don't want to play around desync then don't use it. There are plenty of other lightning skills to play with these days, you don't need to worry about Shock Nova.

I could also maybe get behind applying a conditional aoe "effectiveness" to the inner AoE, such that sources of "increased" are 25% less effective, and sources of "reduced" are 25% more effective (as such 30% inc + 30% reduced from CE would reduce the inner aoe by 15% while leaving the outer at 0% +/-) because that does not compromise the skill's long-standing identity; merely makes it a little easier to cope with.

Otherwise
I'm starting to read these threads like "QQ, I can't use Molten Strike with my wander. GGG pls fix."
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Dec 17, 2014, 8:17:11 AM
"
Drayid wrote:
I spent a lot of time in 1.2 designing a build for shock nova and I finally made it viable. But honestly it sucked I might of well switched out a portal gem for it.

I find it hard to believe anyone uses the hole in shocknova and if so why don't Chris make and example and point the build out because I plainly don't believe him.

try stunn / Knockback and real fast cast speed ( mobs wont be able to touch u ) < now turn this around

us the hole in shock nova ( whit stun an knockback ) to keep mobs inside the doughnut < this is the only skill in the game that can do that
Last edited by dragnar on Dec 17, 2014, 3:21:55 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Just give it a min-roll damage buff and call it a day (so it isn't so "lightning spiky" on top of being difficult to aim; i.e., so your successful "hits" don't "miss" their damage rolls as often). For serious, it's an artefact of a bygone era, and if you don't like the skill then don't use it. If you don't want to play around desync then don't use it. There are plenty of other lightning skills to play with these days, you don't need to worry about Shock Nova.

It should get a damage buff for now, yeah, if they aren't going to redesign it very, very shortly. As is, Tendrils does about 2x the DPS per target, with no hole and 2/3rds of the mana cost. Sure, Shock Nova does have its shock quality perk, but even that has limited value, with more shock nodes around and Arc starting out at 10%, meaning you need to hit 10% quality before Storm Nova even catches up to an Arc with the same quality.

Given Storm Nova's drawbacks (high mana cost, hole in the middle, PB AoE), it should be the hardest-hitting lightning AoE. They'd need to more than double the damage for that. Either that or the hole needs to go, combined with giving it a base 10% shock chance (like Arc) with 1% per quality (so same at 20%, but starts out earlier).

Just jacking up the damage significantly (over twice what it currently is) would be the best fix for now though. Simplest and preserves the flavor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info